Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (8 Viewers)

HiryuX

Potential Patron
Nevermind, I think I found it, will keep digging through the files. Is there currently a way to access the assets for the creatures in the game (mounts, etc)? Thanks again all!

HiryuX

Potential Patron
Ah, Suzu -- thanks, I saw we posted simultaneously! =)

I took a very quick look at the kunoichi awakening helmet. The textures are 512x512. Is there any way to get higher resolution textures? =)

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Ah, Suzu -- thanks, I saw we posted simultaneously! =)

I took a very quick look at the kunoichi awakening helmet. The textures are 512x512. Is there any way to get higher resolution textures? =)
Just change the resolution with photoshop, gimp, etc.
I will not
Because I go to bed. lol

HiryuX

Potential Patron
Sorry, another noob question. When using the PAZ Browser, it extracts the mesh .pac and the diffuse dds file, but I don't get any of the normal and specular files. Is there another tool I need to use to get those? Thanks!

Le_Flemard

Potential Patron
No there isn't :/
But you can use Black Desert Online File Extractor and extract the texture file with the same name, but ending with _n.dds and _s.dds, if they exist

Ohhh, that's the files I missed that makes me not understood why Suzu gave other .dds files (I'm a newb at those thing, sorry)

Btw if anyone can tell me what pac file use phm_99_armor_0000.dds, that would help organize my folders...

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Nevermind, I think I found it, will keep digging through the files. Is there currently a way to access the assets for the creatures in the game (mounts, etc)? Thanks again all!

I was wondering this too. I really would love to work on the horse textures and that would be much easier if I could paint directly on the model.

nontop1

Potential Patron
Hi,
Im' looking for the code of Jerette's Armor costume for sorceress. Someone can help me, please ?
2016-08-14_1962569.jpg

HiryuX

Potential Patron
Also looking for the code for Lucien Blanc -- I have NA client, and think this is Korean exclusive? Might be wrong, but if so, can anyone please pack up the pacs and textures for this armor? Would be eternally grateful!

bdo-lucy-ann-blanc-costume-5.jpg
url

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Can anyone explain how to get other models other then armor and bodies?
I want to get the horse models to make repainting them easier.
Thanks!

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Eh? It is about the horse's texture.
Yes, but I do not understand what you mean by "reprint horses' dds".

The dds are the texture files.
There are 4 different ones (white, black, brown, and gray if I remember correctly).
And I don't think that was special horses (some might be mixed with donkeys, not sure).

Yes I have most of the horse DDS texture files, but it is hard to do any serious editing especially near the edges without be able to paint directly on the 3D model. It is what helped me fix seams in my human model skin DDS. I put the texture on the body model and paint directly on it in Photoshop CC 3D mode.

I don't know how else to paint near seams =(

I already have been working on the Conqueror package "black horse". It was not as detailed or muscular as other horses and was more gray then black.
d6LvqTA.jpg

I want to ad more details, like actual fur look. This would be much easier with the 3D model, otherwise there wont be any fur near the seams and it will look odd.

alcaster4242

Swell Supporter
Well, you might see if the normal map is less quality than the regular horse.
The normal map is what gives the illusion of 3D to 2D texture.
If you are wanting more detail on the hair.
(it might be a combination of getting a better normal map and double the size of the texture file to add more detail).
I can say the muscle tone will likely be the normal map.
(as doing it with polycount would actually be way harder and more PC intensive).

As for the seams, I'm not sure how to handle that.

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Yes, but I do not understand what you mean by "reprint horses' dds".

Yes I have most of the horse DDS texture files, but it is hard to do any serious editing especially near the edges without be able to paint directly on the 3D model. It is what helped me fix seams in my human model skin DDS. I put the texture on the body model and paint directly on it in Photoshop CC 3D mode.

I don't know how else to paint near seams =(

I already have been working on the Conqueror package "black horse". It was not as detailed or muscular as other horses and was more gray then black.
d6LvqTA.jpg

I want to ad more details, like actual fur look. This would be much easier with the 3D model, otherwise there wont be any fur near the seams and it will look odd.
There are two ways to paint.

One has expanded uv from the horse's mesh (it should already exist) Separate the layers on top of the base of the horses' texture on the photoshop (make it transparent and translucent.

The other way is to paint directly on objects in MUD BOX, Maya, etc.
It is one of study. Please try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.