2 Background Uploading Questions (1 Viewer)

ycdtosa

Potential Patron
First one is why do some of the uploads fail the security check, for some reason some stages will go up but some won't and i don't know why. I figured i'd redo them and try again anyways but i figured i might as well ask first. All the images are edited the same way so i don't know what's up, all i wan't to know is if there's a reason they could fail wile still being legitimate BGs

Second question is allot simpler, i just want to know how to get rid of the box displaying all my attachments at the bottom of my BG thread. It just showed up after one BG failed to upload and i don't know why. There's a link in my signature so if you know a work around please let me know.

Hope these questions aren't utterly stupid...

Kyro

Potential Patron
Well, I don't see what you explain in the second question. As for the first question I would just advise using a image hosting website since then the images wont be taking up unnecessary space up on the forums server(don't know if that's describing it properly...).

Well it might be a pain in a butt doing that for each background instead of just uploading it to the forum. But I think it would look more tidy that way because they wouldn't have the attachment thing underneath them. Would also just be doing the server a favor lol(again, someone correct me if I'm using the wrong term).

Because it would probably become a nuisance if everyone took the lazy way to get a image on forum lol. That's just a option, not the preferred/recommended option.

But to try to answer your question: It may just have something to do with the saving process or it's just being awkward. I can remember something like not saving them correctly or wrong way can cause it but I think that's with Photoshop or something. I can't remember exactly though so could be wrong, if I am just ignore this lol.

ycdtosa

Potential Patron
Kyro said:
Well, I don't see what you explain in the second question. As for the first question I would just advise using a image hosting website since then the images wont be taking up unnecessary space up on the forums server(don't know if that's describing it properly...).

Well it might be a pain in a butt doing that for each background instead of just uploading it to the forum. But I think it would look more tidy that way because they wouldn't have the attachment thing underneath them. Would also just be doing the server a favor lol(again, someone correct me if I'm using the wrong term).

Because it would probably become a nuisance if everyone took the lazy way to get a image on forum lol. That's just a option, not the preferred/recommended option.

But to try to answer your question: It may just have something to do with the saving process or it's just being awkward. I can remember something like not saving them correctly or wrong way can cause it but I think that's with Photoshop or something. I can't remember exactly though so could be wrong, if I am just ignore this lol.

Well i guess i should be glad the second problem fixed itself...

Anyways, i guess i could host elsewhere which i was planing on eventually anyways, my only problem is making sure people can see a preview on the page before downloading a BG they have never seen before. i guess i would i could do a stitched together preview image for each category. Saves server space and less fussing with attachments!

Kyro

Potential Patron
ycdtosa said:
Well i guess i should be glad the second problem fixed itself...

Anyways, i guess i could host elsewhere which i was planing on eventually anyways, my only problem is making sure people can see a preview on the page before downloading a BG they have never seen before. i guess i would i could do a stitched together preview image for each category. Saves server space and less fussing with attachments!
Or you could just put the URL of each image in a code and then of course make them smaller using the forums re-sizing thing by clicking on ''Modify''.

All people have to do to save the actual size of the images on their computer is: Right click>View Image>Save Image As. Or I think if you just click on the shrinked images they go back to their original size.

(The screenshot thread is full of lazies... But ain't my place to say anything in that situation lol)

ycdtosa

Potential Patron
Kyro said:
Or you could just put the URL of each image in a code and then of course make them smaller using the forums re-sizing thing by clicking on ''Modify''.

All people have to do to save the actual size of the images on their computer is: Right click>View Image>Save Image As. Or I think if you just click on the shrinked images they go back to their original size.

(The screenshot thread is full of lazies... But ain't my place to say anything in that situation lol)
[/quote]

Yeah but i never download a background if i can't see it before hand, names of background don't really pop out the same way a small image does. All the same i'll probably just go with a preview image with all the stages so people can see what the are getting before downloading a bunch of stuff they probably wont even keep. It's how i'd want it if i were anyone else's post.

Kyro

Potential Patron
ycdtosa said:
Yeah but i never download a background if i can't see it before hand, names of background don't really pop out the same way a small image does.
And with my way people can just save the backgrounds they want, not a pack or anything.

Just to clarify: When you put a URL of a image in a IMG code* the image will show up on the forum like so:
FunnyCrazy_AnimeSubtitles022.jpg

You could do that to each background image so people can just save what backgrounds they want.
(for me just clicking/clicking ''View Image'' will bring the image back to its original size because I made it smaller using the ''Modify'' button on post.

But for some reason doesn't work with others instead by clicking it, it will take you to a page with the original size image either way still easy to save to use.

*Basically just: {IMG}*URL** of image goes here*{/IMG}. Of course replace the ''{/}'' with ''[/]''.
**A URL is the location of something what is in the URL bar. So Google's URL is https://www.google.com. >.>

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
When saving an image, choose the "Save for web" option. This makes images pass the security checks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.