You draw, we mod! Modding Template for Photoshop Updated 2020 (2 Viewers)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Thank your for your quick answer.

Please post your SVG file(s) instead.
Okay, here it is: Himeno Kisara stockings.SVG

Someone could probably export Faceless' FLA template into a complete SVG template ... but it would involve a lot of work, and there simply isn't much demand for it.
I was thinking (and already begun) to do the work with Nameless' SDT.PSD body parts, because I simply cannot view FLA files.
I just see a little problem: the hands in blowjob position aren't in his template, so if you could upload them in SVG or in PNG with an alpha background, I could add them easily.
Then I'll add it to my SVG blank template thread along with a blank PNG template (since some seem to draw their hair mods directy on raster graphics editors and do not know how to position them and make a proper PNG hair mod). It would be better to have all the templates regrouped in one thread to avoid an extensive search in the forum.

I'll animate it if you're willing to trace the vectors, but it wouldn't be my top priority.
Thanks to propose that.
I could do some work for you to hasten the things, like uploading a bunch of mods in the Resource Manager (I would prefer to add static hairs like Gingerless Soul's and some of Manheim's, but anything would do). Anyway, I do not need this work to be done quickly, but uploading some mods wouldn't be a problem for me.

I still have four questions:
  1. My stockings have a line of purple diamonds on them. Is there is a rotation point at the knee (both on calf and thight layers) to make the two parts of the line fit well? I know that in a kneeling position, this part of her body doesn't move much (and isn't even shown much), but I cannot do tests and improvements by myself with only a template...
  2. How can I get good connections between moving body parts? I had problems in the region of the knee, with the outside lines (on the right where they connect and with the lenght of the ones of calves on the left) and with the colour gradients.
  3. The hair of Kisara has a bulge at the bottom. Should I reduce it to make the hair flow more straight and vertical as it is suggested in sdclover13's Dynamic Hair Positioning thread?
  4. Should I draw each strand separately (making groups or putting them in different layers), or even cut them in sections and add a half circle at their top to facilitate their animation?
I am really thinking of finding a crack of CC or CS a job so I could afford the excessive price of Adobe's softwares... Then it would take me only two solid years to learn how to use it properly. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Back at you: SDT-Eroge!-Himeno Kisara-stockings.swf

Edit: the file has been updated to correct the gradient problem.

I just see a little problem: the hands in blowjob position aren't in his template, so if you could upload them in SVG
You can extract SVGs from the SDT.swf file itself via ffdec. If you have the remainder of the SVG template filled-in, but the hands are still giving you trouble, then just send over the SVG template and I'll add them.

I could do some work for you to hasten the things, like uploading a bunch of mods in the Resource Manager
Please don't. The purpose of the migration stuff is to get fans and lurkers involved. People who can create should be creating. The Resource Manager isn't especially useful for modders and artists anyways - it makes things easier for consumers. So they're the ones who should be doing the tedious paperwork :)

If you really want to upload stuff on behalf of inactive artists then that's ok, but please don't feel obligated to do so.

My stockings have a line of purple diamonds on them. Is there is a rotation point at the knee (both on calf and thight layers) to make the two parts of the line fit well? I know that in a kneeling position, this part of her body doesn't move much (and isn't even shown much), but I cannot do tests and improvements by myself with only a template...
It's very tricky to do this with the SDT templates, because there isn't any fabric simulation. We'd expect to see the pattern stretch or squash as the joint rotates, but that feature simply doesn't exist. Most modders avoid the problem by using unpatterned designs (e.g. latex thighhighs, pantyhose) or very simple patterns (e.g. vertical stripes) which can be fine-tuned to look OK.

I'd encourage you to not worry about it. When you get into vector/Flash stuff, you're always going to be looking at things at much higher zoom levels than an actual user, and you're going to be testing animation details on a frame-by-frame basis. It's easy to get buried in tiny nitpicks.

Yes: those alignment flaws will be visible during gameplay. But the viewer probably won't care. Their attention is focused on breasts and buttocks. They're happy to have a new clothing item to play with, but it remains a "background" detail to them. It helps them to play out a fantasy involving a particular character - but the "fantasy" part is what's important, and their imagination will gloss over the inaccuracies.

How can I get good connections between moving body parts?
For skintight clothing? You can't.

Either choose different designs which include loose/ruffled elements near the joints ... or flatten the color scheme so that the joint boundaries aren't noticeable ... or just accept the minor flaws and focus on creating neat stuff. Please remember that the naked calf and thigh exhibit alignment errors during rotation. @Konashion didn't aim for perfection, so don't drive yourself crazy by trying to achieve perfection within a flawed system.

I had problems in the region of the knee, with the outside lines (on the right where they connect and with the lenght of the ones of calves on the left) and with the colour gradients.
I stretched the left calf clothing (105%) to fit the FLA template. The rest seems OK to me, but if you'd like to see minor "nudges" or adjustments then let me know.

The hair of Kisara has a bulge at the bottom. Should I reduce it to make the hair flow more straight and vertical as it is suggested in sdclover13's Dynamic Hair Positioning thread?
No, please don't do that. The dynamic hair extender mod is intended to accommodate non-vertical hair arrangements. Here's an example of a hairstyle which "bulges" towards the bottom.

Edit: the aforementioned hairstyle requires the Loader, and so would the hypothetical Himemo Kisara dynamic hairstyle (if I'm being asked to animate it). If you're sticking with your "no Loader" policy then you'll need a vanilla dynamic hair SWF. In that case you'll need to find someone else to create the SWF, and you may need to straighten/flatten the hair bulge.

Should I draw each strand separately (making groups or putting them in different layers), or even cut them in sections and add a half circle at their top to facilitate their animation?
Please don't bother with the half-circle stuff; that's a waste of your time (because I'd probably need to re-draw many of them for arcane animation reasons).

If you want to trace the strands independently then that would be useful, but we should discuss the details beforehand. There's no sense in giving me 35 separate strands, because the SDT framerate degrades noticeably at ~20 strands. So we might start from one of the reference images which depicts a more "contiguous" hair pattern with fewer outlines.

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Thank you, that was really fast!
However, there is a problem with the colour gradients: I used linear gradients on the stockings and the diamonds, but in the SWF, they have turned by 90°:
CGNDODH.png
EDIT: fixed, the mod is available HERE.

You can extract SVGs from the SDT.swf file itself via ffdec. If you have the remainder of the SVG template filled-in, but the hands are still giving you trouble, then just send over the SVG template and I'll add them.
I already did the SVG template, but I'll try to extract the SWF like you propose.
It's very tricky to do this with the SDT templates, because there isn't any fabric simulation. We'd expect to see the pattern stretch or squash as the joint rotates, but that feature simply doesn't exist. Most modders avoid the problem by using unpatterned designs (e.g. latex thighhighs, pantyhose) or very simple patterns (e.g. vertical stripes) which can be fine-tuned to look OK.
Actually, the single diamond line as I drawn it looks fine: the ends of the diamonds seems to be linked properly.
Either choose different designs which include loose/ruffled elements near the joints ... or flatten the color scheme so that the joint boundaries aren't noticeable ... or just accept the minor flaws and focus on creating neat stuff. Please remember that the naked calf and thigh exhibit alignment errors during rotation. @Konashion didn't aim for perfection, so don't drive yourself crazy by trying to achieve perfection within a flawed system.
Here also, the result of what I have drawn if fine for me.
Edit: the aforementioned hairstyle requires the Loader, and so would the hypothetical Himemo Kisara dynamic hairstyle (if I'm being asked to animate it). If you're sticking with your "no Loader" policy then you'll need a vanilla dynamic hair SWF. In that case you'll need to find someone else to create the SWF, and you may need to straighten/flatten the hair bulge.
I am not really interested if it is a .MOD file as I never used the Loader and I do not really want to bother learning how to use it... I can seem lazy, but I am getting old and I can masturbate only a dozen of times a day now, so I feel that I do not need the Loader. :rolleyes:
If you want to trace the strands independently then that would be useful, but we should discuss the details beforehand. There's no sense in giving me 35 separate strands, because the SDT framerate degrades noticeably at ~20 strands. So we might start from one of the reference images which depicts a more "contiguous" hair pattern with fewer outlines.
I am going to draw this hair mod in a static version, but with a flattened bottom and separate strands (I wasn't going to make tens of them anyway, I was rather thiking of 3-4) so the SVG will be ready if someone decides to make a SWF for Vanilla with it (it may be me, I just put a hand on CC 13.1.0.226 (2013) and I'll try to do something with it).

Thank you for this work and all the advices. :wink:

Last edited:

D-Oxygen

Content Creator
I drew a couple of mods that I would love to be able to use in SDT: two pairs of shoes, and two pieces of armwear. If someone could help me convert those into SWF files, that be great, please.

Based on Splatoon gear: (this and this respectively)
x1WF83x.png
ryWw0In.png

Based on Shantae's outfit:
MTiSgWa.png
iZOyoWA.png
Message me if there is any problem.

Thanks!

Attachments

Large Bracelet.psd
1.2 MB · Views: 173

Designer Slip-Ons.psd
1.3 MB · Views: 175

Solid Gold Arm Band.psd
1.3 MB · Views: 182

Arabian Shoes.psd
1.2 MB · Views: 168

stuntcock

Content Creator
Based on Splatoon gear:
x1WF83x.png
SDT-splatoon-inkling-bracelets.mod
  • The shading details don't match because the original PSD included many intricate details. I've simplified them into a single gradient.
    • Duplicating all of those details via overlapping vector fills is fairly time-consuming. There are many raster-drawing operations (such as airbrush or smear) which can't be easily copied in vectors.
    • I'm not sure that it would be worthwhile to recreate all of those details, even if it was easy to do so.
    • The details in question are static lights and shadows, drawn onto an element whose orientation w/r/t the light source will change during gameplay. Hence, they'll look really good in one position (e.g. hands on her legs) but the high detail will draw attention to the "wrongness" in other positions (e.g. handjob).
  • Added RGBFill elements (because "why not?"). The bracelets will be pink when first loaded, but can then be shifted via the Cuffs RGB1 slider.
  • This file is packaged as an import, but it isn't technically a vanilla import because it relies on sby's TemplateExtensionV5_sby mod (available here). Therefore I've given it the .mod file extension because it won't be usable by vanilla folks.
  • The file is compatible with sby's moreClothing mod. It uses the CostumeCuffs type.
  • The FLA source file contains the bracelets and the shoes, so I'll share it once the shoes are complete.
  • If you're willing to mess around with vector graphics, then you could take a look at the SVG template created by SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror .
    • That template was originally intended for PNG hairstyles, but if you draw vectors onto the body (in the shape of a glove, collar, etc) then they could be imported into Flash and published in SWF format.
    • The template currently omits the girl's legs, so it wouldn't work for stockings, shoes, etc. But we could easily fix that.
    • Drawing your own vectors would give you full artistic control over the content. You wouldn't need to worry about some modder (such as me) oversimplifying your work due to laziness.
I'll tackle the remaining items tomorrow.

D-Oxygen

Content Creator
The shading details don't match because the original PSD included many intricate details.
Well, that's my bad. All the tiny details are actually lazy repairing I did when the mod was already finished. I didn't know it was that important. If I did, I would have taken more time to fix it. IIRC this might be the only file where I did such a thing.

You wouldn't need to worry about some modder (such as me) oversimplifying your work due to laziness.
Eh, it's okay, I understand most of the decisions. As long as the shape of the object and the general coloring scheme remain, it'll be fine for me.

Added RGBFill elements (because "why not?"). The bracelets will be pink when first loaded, but can then be shifted via the Cuffs RGB1 slider.
That's great, thanks!

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
If you're willing to mess around with vector graphics, then you could take a look at the SVG template created by SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror .
Actually I also transfered Nameless' template into a SVG file: SDT Body Template.SVG.
I intended to use it, but I put a hand on Animate CC in the meantime and now I left making costumes on the side and I try to learn how to use this software by making animated backgrounds (for the moment).

stuntcock stuntcock : I also tried to make a SWF mod with the bracelets, using Kona's FLA body template, but the SWF I made is bugged: the right forearm disapears... If you ahve some time, can you please tell me what I did wrong (or didn't do right)?
Here is the FLA: Accessories - SQUID GIRL Bracelets.fla
Thanks.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
stuntcock stuntcock : I also tried to make a SWF mod with the bracelets, using Kona's FLA body template, but the SWF I made is bugged: the right forearm disapears... If you ahve some time, can you please tell me what I did wrong (or didn't do right)?
Here is the FLA: Accessories - SQUID GIRL Bracelets.flaThanks.
You've created a BODY mod, which can literally replace pieces of the girl's anatomy. Feet could become hooves, hands could become claws, the abdomen could become muscular, and so on. Example. If you don't want this to happen, then you need to omit the overwrite line in your ActionScript (or set it to false).

Code:
var overwrite:Boolean = false;

Alternatively: click the selector button (or load a partial charcode) in order to change the girl's skin tone. The hidden bodypart(s) will reappear.

Alternatively: setup your FLA using a different type (such as Cuffs or Armwear) which is drawn on top of limbs but never replaces them.

Alternatively: setup your FLA as a Loader mod. You'll lose moreClothing compatibility, but you'll have more control over layering.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
You've created a BODY mod, which can literally replace pieces of the girl's anatomy. Feet could become hooves, hands could become claws, the abdomen could become muscular, and so on. Example. If you don't want this to happen, then you need to omit the overwrite line in your ActionScript (or set it to false).
Actually, looking in Kona's SDTMod.fla, I didn't found a template showing the forearms but the Body one. Costume templates feature only Collar, Eyewear, Gag and Headwear, and the Top Clothes template doesn't shows the forearms.
If you don't want this to happen, then you need to omit the overwrite line in your ActionScript (or set it to false).
Code:
var overwrite:Boolean = false;
This seems to work. I learnt a new thing about this ActionScript thingy today, thanks. :smile:
Alternatively: click the selector button (or load a partial charcode) in order to change the girl's skin tone. The hidden bodypart(s) will reappear.
This doesn't seem to work for me. Besides, the colour of the bracelets change also, that is not the thing to do. I also have this problem with the false modtype trick.
Alternatively: setup your FLA using a different type (such as Cuffs or Armwear) which is drawn on top of limbs but never replaces them.
I tried to do this, but I do not know the exact syntax of the mod types (CUFF, CUFFS and ARMWEAR doesn't work).
Alternatively: setup your FLA as a Loader mod. You'll lose moreClothing compatibility, but you'll have more control over layering.
I'm an eternal noob for some things, this includes the Loader. :oops:
Anyway, I want to make mods for Vanilla (for other noobs like me).

[EDIT] In a stroke of genius, StupidTerror looked inside ModTypes.as and found the correct mod types:
PHP:
// Accesory mods.
        public static const GAG:String = "CostumeGag";
        public static const COLLAR:String = "CostumeCollar";
        public static const EYEWEAR:String = "CostumeEyewear";
        public static const HEADWEAR:String = "CostumeHeadwear";
// Clothing mods.
        public static const TOP:String = "CostumeTop";
        public static const BOTTOMS:String = "CostumeBottoms";
        public static const BRA:String = "CostumeBra";
        public static const FOOTWEAR:String = "CostumeFootwear";
This works fine:
Code:
var modType:String = ModTypes.TOP;
D-Oxygen D-Oxygen : I am trying to make a SWF mod for Vanilla of your bracelets with a RGB slider, so you will be able to put it as an alternate version if you make an entry on the Resource Manager.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Actually, looking in Kona's SDTMod.fla, I didn't found a template showing the forearms but the Body one.
It isn't part of Kona's template. You need to use sby's extended template, which defines several new categories (CostumeCuffs, CostumeAnkleCuffs, Overtop, etc).

This doesn't seem to work for me.
Change the skin tone (light, pale, dark, tanned) rather than the skin HSLC sliders.

I tried to do this, but I do not know the exact syntax of the mod types (CUFF, CUFFS and ARMWEAR doesn't work).
It depends on the ModType. For cuffs, you'd name your symbol instances "leftCuff" and "rightCuff" rather than "leftForearm" and "rightForearm".

D-Oxygen D-Oxygen : I am trying to make a SWF mod for Vanilla of your bracelets with a RGB slider, so you will be able to put it as an alternate version if you make an entry on the Resource Manager.
You'll need to trace the vectors before you can add RGB slider support. It's fine if you want to do so; it just bothers me slightly because it involves a duplication of effort.

If you intend for the mod to be used with moreClothing, then vectors and RGB sliders aren't strictly necessary. You could just ask your users to employ the +reghue configuration switch. The result isn't perfect (because the Loader-tab sliders will recolor the outline as well as the colorful fills) but it's definitely the fastest solution.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
It isn't part of Kona's template. You need to use sby's extended template, which defines several new categories (CostumeCuffs, CostumeAnkleCuffs, Overtop, etc).
This is a Loader thing, and I do not use the Loader.
You'll need to trace the vectors before you can add RGB slider support. It's fine if you want to do so; it just bothers me slightly because it involves a duplication of effort.
I am just looking this as a training.
Actually, I am having many problems with this simple mod, like I do not know which RGB slider will be affected.
Also, the "var modType:String = ModTypes.TOP;" that worked before, doesn't seem to work anymore. I made changes without saving and now I'm stuck...:mad:

If you intend for the mod to be used with moreClothing, then vectors and RGB sliders aren't strictly necessary. You could just ask your users to employ the +reghue configuration switch. The result isn't perfect (because the Loader-tab sliders will recolor theoutline as well as the colorful fills) but it's definitely the fastest solution.
What is that? I said that I never used the Loader (do not hit me!). :tongue:

[EDIT] In fact, I looked at other bracelets for Vanilla, and for example, in BrokenToaster's
Accessories: Studded Bracelet - Silver Studs v1.1, he says:
- Mod was made using the body template.
- This mod is not RGB hue shiftable because:
- The RGB sliders will change the color of the skin.
All the other bracelets found in the Resource Manager do not seem to have RGB sliders either.
What seems strange is that Kona took cuffs for his RGB sliders example in the tutorial included in SDTMod.fla. Also, the ingame cuffs in Vanilla have two sliders.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Based on Splatoon gear:
ryWw0In.png

SDT-splatoon-inkling-shoes.swf
  • Uses the FOOTWEAR category, so it's a vanilla import without any Loader requirements.
  • As before, the gradients don't quite match the original ones. Sinuous radial gradients are tricky to reproduce.
  • Footwear RGB1 slider recolors the white-grey section of the upper; Footwear RGB2 slider recolors the hexagonal pattern. The soles and backs are not adjustable.
  • Compatible with moreClothing.
  • Source file provided below.
SDT-splatoon-inkling.fla

D-Oxygen

Content Creator
Wow, you also made this one RGB adjustable, which is amazing. That's more than I asked for and expected, thank you so much for doing this! I can't wait to see the other mods.

stuntcock

Content Creator
SDT-shantae-accessories.fla
  • This is the Flash source file. It's relevant only to modders; normal people can ignore it.

SDT-shantae-goldCuffs.mod
  • As with the Splatoon cuffs, this mod requires the SDT Loader because it relies on sby's template extension.
  • RGB adjustable using the Cuffs.RGB1 slider. The gold tint will be applied automatically when the MOD file is loaded, but it can be changed afterwards.
  • Disappears whenever the arms are placed behind the back (because we don't have any artwork for that position).

SDT-shantae-arabianSlippers.swf
  • This one is a vanilla import with no prerequisites or special dependencies.
  • RGB adjustable using the Footwear.RGB1 slider. The red tint will be applied automatically when the SWF file is loaded, but it can be changed afterwards.

D-Oxygen

Content Creator
Thanks a lot for all this work you did. Once again, adding RGB support was unexpected and really nice. I'm going to remove the .psd files from the request post (as SyntaxTerror suggested), if we're done with those.

stuntcock

Content Creator
So i took those and stuck them to the template you posted and I was hoping you could make a sock mod or something out of it?
It's nice to see people taking initiative and getting involved ... but you didn't really put the artwork onto the template. The template contains many different layers and "boundaries" for the various bodyparts. In order to generate a SDT clothing mod, we need to split up a clothing image so that it conforms to those boundaries. Simply pasting a screenshot on top of the template isn't ideal, because it means that a modder needs to do the "splitting up" work.

The simplest path forward is to contact BrokenToaster and ask him to publish the stockings as-is. If he's not willing to do that, then you could ask him to share his FLA file so that someone else can release a SWF import. If he doesn't want to share his work in an incomplete state (or if he's persistently absent), then you could reopen the PSD template file. You'd need to crop the stockings into separate pieces (two thighs, two calves) which fit onto the corresponding layers of the template. Of course, doing so will leave large gaps in the artwork - so you'll then need to draw in the hidden portions.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Hey Nameless, I don't know if this thread is still valid since it's been some months since it was last used, but I've got a request.
This thread is definitely still valid, even if I'm not around (which I always am, srs pls make requests at my thread) there are other moders who will take up requests in this tread.

Like Stuntcock said the screenshot isn't really usable, but if BrokenToaster doesn't respond, remaking these is within my abilities to re-make, though try him first as I may be slow to get these out.

aztlan

Casual Client
I would like to request two "clothing" mods which would affect the her left thigh only and be LegwearB items. (Does this make them loader mods? I intend to use them with moreclothing.) I have attached two .psd files of the left thigh (and also the .png files these were made from).

However I'm not sure these are correct as the pictures only cover the left thighs. Using the standard templates does not seem to be an option as most of the inside of the left thigh is not shown in these. (It's hidden behind the right thigh. These mods are intended for use with animtools where this part of her left thigh can be seen depending on the position.) Is there some other template I should have used?

Feel free to delete the uploaded images when this is done (or if they are unusable). Thanks.

Attachments

• Left Thigh Body White Creampie.png
    Left Thigh Body White Creampie.png
    16 KB · Views: 175
  • Left Thigh Body Red Creampie.png
    Left Thigh Body Red Creampie.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 158
Left Thigh Body White Creampie.psd
102.2 KB · Views: 162

Left Thigh Body Red Creampie.psd
102.9 KB · Views: 138

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.