You draw, we mod! Modding Template for Photoshop Updated 2020 (2 Viewers)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
As I said before - I've already made a static version and I wanted to upload it by myself, to be honest, so, if u don't mind...
Oh sorry, I didn't understood it that way...
I read your post in diagonal and thought you were having problems with layers.
I did this in 10 minutes cos I was a bit bored with the other thing I'm currently doing...

I removed that mod, I don't want to steal your work in any way.

Drawing in vectors is not that hard, I learnt quickly with Gingerless Soul's tutorial. Adobe stuff is a bit different from Inkscape, but there are many tutorials on the web, so if you have access to Photoshop, you shoud try to make AI files (actually, the tattoo would be a very good training).
You can also check Voltlight's import tutorial that explains how to draw with bezier curves in GIMP, (that's raster, but drawing paths in vectors is basically the same thing).

Concerning stuntcock stuntcock 's mod, he left the source file, so the code can be adapted to apply the skin tint to the long ears.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I don't do PSD because it's raster and it looks ugly.
No they don't, the only downside is the file size, other wise they are exactly the same for users.

Capture2.PNG

Here you go tickles tickles

screenshot0002.png

Attachments

CoteDazur.swf
17.4 KB · Views: 176

Lucky Me

Content Creator
Did you get the help you need? I'm a bit confused... Let me know if I can help
Well, it has to be placed in right layer (somewhere between actual ear and front layer of hair) and get same color as body has. As SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror mentioned before, there is a source file that can help with color, but I still don't know how to place image on right layer.

Oh sorry, I didn't understood it that way...
It's OK, and I really appreciate your help and advices :) I just didn't want to publish it so soon, but, since it is already here, I thought that it would be more correct to be published the way I did. After all, I will certanly make it look better later :)

Hank East

Content Creator
The Hacker Known As Snow The Hacker Known As Snow Hi there, could you help me with an unfortunate predicament? I was attempting to create a hair for Lisa from Genshin Impact that someone requested me, however much to my dismay the hair does not fit in the hair template due to her huge hat. Think you could make it into an sfw import so that it would fit? Here's the cut-out of the hair I was using, as well as the original reference if needed.

wshudjh.png

HxxK3Jn.png

Ellabunny

Content Creator
Hey Guys!
Sorry, had exams so wasn't here for a while.
Now that I have some time, I have edited Elsa's petticoat. Would someone please tell me if this is accurate and concise, or am I missing something?

Attachments

Petticoat on Template.psd
3.8 MB · Views: 228

roguesrus

Content Creator
I know this isn't made using the .psd template but I noticed there are ear and nose piercings that look like .pngs converted into a modtype HairCostume and StaticHair? I was wondering if someone could convert it into a mod to be used with SDT?

I work in GIMP but if you need a different format/method/template/size (I used the long Static Hair template) lemme know and I'll see if I can fix it OR if you think I should post this elsewhere I'll do that.

Preview:
browpiercingPreview.png
File:
Eyebrow Piercing (Hair Costume).png

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
God damn it its so hard to keep track of stuff xD
create a hair for Lisa from Genshin Impact
This needs... some adjustments.. :3

Can anyone tell me how I'd make use of all the 3 layers hairs can have when making .swf hairs using the vanilla modding .fla? Do I need the template extensions version?

I noticed there are ear and nose piercings
There is a template for ear piercings in the default mod .fla they even swing with HER movment! but I'm not sure about nose or how to make an eyebrow piercing

I have edited Elsa's petticoat
I see a skirt with a big hole in the art xD. I think Dante made a dress that wraps around her leg but idk how that works, idk what layers I'd attach this art to

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Can anyone tell me how I'd make use of all the 3 layers hairs can have when making .swf hairs using the vanilla modding .fla?
There are much more than the 3 layers of a PNG static hair mod (4 static hair, 4 dynamic hair, 4 hair costume, plus the accessories...)
They're all listed in How to arrange layers in your hair mod (from top to bottom).

All the hair and hair costume templates have a head reference and are aligned, so when you copy a shape from a template to another and "paste in place", it will be a the good postion and you can align things easily.

You can use as many layers as you want inside a template:
I usually have "line", "shade", "highlight" and "fill", and I duplicate the "line" to change the lines to fills (so the lines don't flicker when zooming in and out) and change the "line" layer made of actual lines into a guide.
You can even have several templates of the same kind, like two DYNAMIC_HAIR_TOP if you need to have two separate stands on this SDT layer. The first registered in the settings will be the one under the others.
You don't have to mind about the registering order of other templates, they're arranged by the game, not in the mod settings.

For this hat, it would be better to use the separate "headwear" template that already a front and back layers (they are actually symbols, you have to draw inside them for them to work properly).
These are placed just under the HAIR_COSTUME_OVER and the HAIR_COSTUME_BACK templates.

This is a bit complicated to explain, because the terms "template" and "layer" are used for different things...
When I used "template" above, it is to designate the main symbols of konashion's SDTMod.fla (that we also use to call a "template"), like "Headwear Template" or "Dynamic Hair Template" that are in his "Templates" folder.
When I use "layer" it is to designate Animate's layer (or I said "SDT layer" instead for the game hair layers).

Do I need the template extensions version?
If you mean loader templates (like sby's), I guess not, because they don't have more templates for the hair, hair costume or accessories as far as I know.
I may be wrong, as I barely used those templates, but any hair or head accessory can be made with konashion's template (with the exception of advanced physics mods that require stuntcock's Dynamic Hair Extender).

I hope I answered you question, don't hesitate if you need more help.
It's a bit tricky to give indepth advice as many things are usually discovered after hours of trial and error...

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
This is a bit complicated to explain, because the terms "template" and "layer" are used for different things...
When I used "template" above, it is to designate the main symbols of konashion's SDTMod.fla (that we also use to call a "template"), like "Headwear Template" or "Dynamic Hair Template" that are in his "Templates" folder.
When I use "layer" it is to designate Animate's layer (or I said "SDT layer" instead for the game hair layers).
Oh this is complicated

All I need to know is how to add art to the other layers inside the SDTMod.fla. I'm only seeing a "Reference" and "Hair" layer in Animate when I open the swf hair template.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
All I need to know is how to add art to the other layers inside the SDTMod.fla.
Konashion's template is very basic, for example the "Hair Template" is actually set only for (static) HAIR_TOP.

To draw on the HAIR_UNDER for example, you have to go in the settings (Actions (F9)>Symbol definitions>Hair Template>Settings : Frame 1) and change var targetElement:String = ModElements.HAIR_TOP; to var targetElement:String = ModElements.HAIR_UNDER; (the other possible ModElements are listed in the comments of these settings).
Make as many duplicates of the "Hair Template" as neccessary, each with the ModElements that you need.

You can also use my Hair template.fla that contains only the hair templates (static, dynamic and hair costume) and accessories templates, but has already all the different SDT layers assigned to separate templates.
I also made Costume template.fla and templates to make backgrounds (Background template.fla, HD Background template.fla, XL Background template.fla) with all the AS settings set up.
I was planning to explain how to use these templates in tutorials for SWF hair, costume and backgrounds, but I got lazy in the meantime...
I may finish this the next time I'll have the courage to do these sort of things for SDT again.

Here's the contents of the library for this template:
3ST3UGz.png

But be aware that my FLA templates have only the things necessary to make mods easily: there are no comments in the settings and no README layer or things like this.

If you still have problems, upload your FLA somewhere and I'll have a look.
But be sure to have read konashion's tutorials first, as well as Synonymous' Costume Modding Tutorial that explains how to make SWF costume mods (hair mods are a bit more complex, but we don't have a good turtorial for these at the moment, and Synon's tutorial explains the basics of mazking a SWF mod for SDT).
You can also look at Dante's FLAs (Dante's Lovely Ladies) to see how things are done.

Good luck.

sfactor

Potential Patron
I posted this in the “requests” section but since I have aready created the artwork perhaps I should have posted it here:

Layered PSD file is available for download in the linked thread.

Attachments

• 66E56B57-695A-4265-954A-EF1CF3340B53.png
    66E56B57-695A-4265-954A-EF1CF3340B53.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 151

sclover13

Content Creator
I posted this in the “requests” section but since I have aready created the artwork perhaps I should have posted it here:

Layered PSD file is available for download in the linked thread.
I got you dude.

Although in the future, use a vector based software for drawing. PS loads everything as bitmap and I'm not about to redraw everything to work in vector. So everything here is "as-is" in the costume mod and can't be optimized.

For a vector based mod template use this one -->

You can edit in either inkscape or illustrator

sclover13

Content Creator
Uploaded it to your request thread. Enjoy.

sfactor

Potential Patron
Uploaded it to your request thread. Enjoy.

You're the man sclover, that was fast.
Next time I'll try drawing it as a vector in illustrator!

Rod

Content Creator
Hey Guys,

I started to create resources for SDT a few month ago and did mostly PNG static hairs, because the process is straightforward.
Recently sclover13 sclover13 asked me if I have considered doing SWF hair.

In my current workflow I'm creating a two-layer SVG file for hair resources (lines and fill).
Then I export the layers to PNG and do the shading in a pixel program.
With a little bit more effort, I could trace the shaded hair and create a complete SVG version.

However, I'm not really familiar with Flash/Animate.
I fiddled around with a trial version, but I simply don't have enough time to learn using the tool right now.

Long story short:
I'd really love to be able to create full-blown SWF mods from scratch, but I don't see this happening in the near future.

Maybe some of you guys could help me out?

I created a standalone SVG file for the Aviator sunglasses from the Pharah hair resource:

It would be awesome if somebody could make an RGB adjustable SWF mod from it.
With the two eyewear sliders, it should be possible to have the frame and glasses adjustable, right?

Cheers.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
R Rod

can you photo shop a picture of how you want them aligned because I'm a bit confuse by the stem length.

I'd do these quick and post a screen share video tutorial because this is really really simple to make with all the guides out there its just you need AdobeCC and it takes for ever and I'm using like 4 guides and one of them I made myself xD lmfao

but the point is making mods is easy if we just show each other how we do it more

sclover13

Content Creator
Sorrow asked me to make a workflow video of my Dynamic hairs and costumes. I just keep forgetting to do it, but one day I will and I'll post it and hopefully that will be helpful.

But as hacker said, it's actually a very simple process just time consuming.

Kona's included template and tutorial pretty much cover everything you need to know for the basics.

A piece of advice not really covered in many of the tutorials would be to think of your design differently than the static one. Each moving part works best straight, so hairs that require curls and are oddly shaped, or stick up should be designed differently than the reference photo.

Sometimes layering different elements in a part of the hair to make a world of difference in the dynamic movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.