Tree of Savior - Nude Mods & Mods (1 Viewer)

red_cloud0

Vivacious Visitor
it's been like 8-9 months so i doubt anyone still has interest in this, but just in case, here's some info on decrypting/extracting the game files easily:

if you go to the releases page of IPFUnpacker here, you can download the compiled exe: Releases · r1emu/IPFUnpacker · GitHub
Latest is version 1.3

You can then extract the folder to the same directory as your ipf files. To use it, you shift+rightclick in the folder it's in and select "open command window here", and type in "ipf_unpack.exe <ipf name> decrypt" to decrypt and "ipf_unpack.exe <ipf name> encrypt" to re-encrypt it once you've finished making modifications to it.

Texture edits still work fine - I'm using both of the mods in this thread, and they work without problems. Model edits are a bit more problematic though; I've been attempting to swap costume models around by just replacing the models but that doesn't seem to work and just results in an invisible model. Does anyone have ideas on how to get it to work?

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
So it's easier to decrypt the textures now? I remember for a while you had to jump through a hoop to get them to work

red_cloud0

Vivacious Visitor
Yeah, it's super basic now. I even made a couple bat files so I could just drag+drop ipf files onto them to decrypt/encrypt. Once they're decrypted, you can just use IPF Suite to extract/edit/replace/repack as normal.

If you want it to be super easy, just copy the following line into a text editor and save it as a .bat file in the same directory as ipf_unpack.exe:
ipf_unpack.exe %1 decrypt

If you drag+drop an ipf onto the bat file, it'll automatically decrypt it for you. Same thing for encrypting:
ipf_unpack.exe %1 encrypt

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
Sweet, I might get back into this then, since my buddy stopped playing meaning I stopped playing. Nude modding is too fun, and I can stop pulling my hair out over the NPCs that should have nipples showing that don't, because that bugs the hell out of me

red_cloud0

Vivacious Visitor
Sweet, I might get back into this then, since my buddy stopped playing meaning I stopped playing. Nude modding is too fun, and I can stop pulling my hair out over the NPCs that should have nipples showing that don't, because that bugs the hell out of me
Awesome! I love your mods so I'm definitely looking forward to it

red_cloud0

Vivacious Visitor
Couple new bits of info I've figured out (although they don't really help much?)

The reason model swaps don't seem to work is because the model file (.xac) is just the mesh, but there should be skeleton/motion files for each animation and those aren't compatible with different meshes (I think?). Motion files are .xpm and skeleton files are .xsm I believe, but I have no idea how the client determines which ones to use for which models/animations. Motion files can be found in char_hi.ipf for hats/hairs, but I can't find the ones for body models. Skeleton files can be found in animation.xsm, but I don't know where they're referenced.

.ies files are the data tables for the game, and can be mostly found in ies_client.ipf. The ies files here are what I originally thought the game used to reference motions/skeletons, but as far as I can tell this is only done in xac.ies where it assigns the mesh/texture for each model/class. It doesn't reference the animation or skeleton files at all so I still have no idea how to swap models. If anyone's interested in messing with them, you can decrypt the ies files by downloading ies2csv.exe from ies2csv/binary at master · Doddler/ies2csv · GitHub (running the exe automatically decrypts all .ies files in the same directory/subdirectories)

That said, even if you decrypt the ies, I'm not sure how to re-encrypt them back in order to pack into the game files, so don't think that's particularly helpful...

BattleJesus

Swell Supporter
I'm having trouble working with the unpacker. Decrypting with the unpacker doesn't let me extract files with the suite, but I can get some things like NPC portraits extracted with the unpacker

Textures seem to all extract as 32byte files with the unpacker, and give me errors when working with decrypted IPFs on the suite

Edit:Nevermind, I seem to have found things!

hiderdes

Potential Patron
The DDS file from the mod is placed normally. But I can not make my texture. Tell me how to save the edited DDS textures in Photoshop.

Last edited:

hiderdes

Potential Patron
In the patch file texture does not work to change the game is closed. In char_texture.ipf patterns it turned out to change.
IF9DWRH.png

LpyFDkQ.png

9jfIlIu.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.