[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (3 Viewers)

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Ok, since you generously took your time to answer to my question, I think I ought to tell you what happened, maybe you can help someone else in the future with this anecdote. As I told you, I already tried reinstalling Visual C++ Runtime, I later saw that you suggested someone else that a 32-bit version of Java could lead to dll issues. I downloaded the 64-bit version (apparently I didn't have it, I'll never know for sure), installed it and.... nothing. It kept asking for more dll's. I thought I'd give it a few more tries until I got bored, and after 17 dll's downloaded... IT WORKED!!! Just so that you know, all dll's began with "api-ms-win-" some followed with : "core-" (e.g. api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0) and some others with "crt-" I placed them all in the same folder where the exe of the game is. I'm very happy it now works. I tested some mods to check if resorep was working too, or just the game, and it works great. So, even if your suggestion wasn't the actual solution, many thanks for the help!
Good to hear that. Thank you for too for sharing your solution.

To other people still having issues - I need the information from the first post. All required information is listed in "How to report a bug" part.

And sorry for delays with my answers.

Potential Patron
I have all the extra stuff installed, but when I run the .jar it doesn't ask me to find the .dll and there is no way to set it. Please help?

Potential Patron
I have all the extra stuff installed, but when I run the .jar it doesn't ask me to find the .dll and there is no way to set it. Please help?
Just to point out, everything works when I manual install so you don't need to go through that, but how can I make the jar work so I don't have to manual install for every game?

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Oops, I forgot to update the manual. Dll location is no longer required. Since that dll is always in the same place.

mike69vandoorne

Potential Patron
guys is this code correct? : (For Arkham Knight)

[Engine.PlayerInput]

set RAddContentPlayerCharacterMesh MainMesh SkeletalMesh'DLC0Catwoman_90s_Mesh.Mesh.DLC0Catwoman_90s_Head'
set RAddContentPlayerCharacterMesh BodyMesh SkeletalMesh'DLC0Catwoman_90s_Mesh.Mesh.DLC0Catwoman_90s_Body'
set RAddContentPlayerCharacterMesh ExtraMeshes None
set RAddContentPlayerCharacterMesh CapeMesh None

or did i do something wrong? i does not seem to work or i'm missing files somewhere maybe?
do i have to put these in a folder to make it work?
Playable_Catwoman_90s_SF.upk
Playable_Batman_CatWm_SF.upk

Ray Wing

Content Creator
guys is this code correct? : (For Arkham Knight)

[Engine.PlayerInput]

set RAddContentPlayerCharacterMesh MainMesh SkeletalMesh'DLC0Catwoman_90s_Mesh.Mesh.DLC0Catwoman_90s_Head'
set RAddContentPlayerCharacterMesh BodyMesh SkeletalMesh'DLC0Catwoman_90s_Mesh.Mesh.DLC0Catwoman_90s_Body'
set RAddContentPlayerCharacterMesh ExtraMeshes None
set RAddContentPlayerCharacterMesh CapeMesh None

or did i do something wrong? i does not seem to work or i'm missing files somewhere maybe?
do i have to put these in a folder to make it work?
Playable_Catwoman_90s_SF.upk
Playable_Batman_CatWm_SF.upk
I have no idea. Neither this code nor the files have any relation to Resorep. Probably some game modder can help you with that.

ivilded

Potential Patron
Has anyone had any luck modifying DXGI_FORMAT_BC1_TYPELESS textures? If so, what options did you use when saving the files?

I can read the files just fine with the Intel plug-in, but no matter what options I use when I save the texture the game crashes. If I just replace the texture with one of the other extracted textures the game works just fine so Resorep is doing its job. It's just the modified textures that the game doesn't like. This is a UE4 game and I read elsewhere in this thread that someone else was having problems with UE4 but I couldn't find many details.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Has anyone had any luck modifying DXGI_FORMAT_BC1_TYPELESS textures? If so, what options did you use when saving the files?

I can read the files just fine with the Intel plug-in, but no matter what options I use when I save the texture the game crashes. If I just replace the texture with one of the other extracted textures the game works just fine so Resorep is doing its job. It's just the modified textures that the game doesn't like. This is a UE4 game and I read elsewhere in this thread that someone else was having problems with UE4 but I couldn't find many details.
You may try to save a modified texture into some more common format and use the https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases/download/jan2017/texconv.exe command line tool to convert it to DXGI_FORMAT_BC1_TYPELESS format. You may find its manual here - Texconv · Microsoft/DirectXTex Wiki · GitHub But if it's too complex - tell me and I will prepare a conversion command for you.

ivilded

Potential Patron
You may try to save a modified texture into some more common format and use the https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases/download/jan2017/texconv.exe command line tool to convert it to DXGI_FORMAT_BC1_TYPELESS format. You may find its manual here - Texconv · Microsoft/DirectXTex Wiki · GitHub But if it's too complex - tell me and I will prepare a conversion command for you.

I could find no BC1_TYPELESS option with that tool, just BC1_UNORM and BC1_UNORM_SRGB. Am I overlooking something?

Mindolo

Potential Patron
Hi

I tried to use resorep with wwe 2k17 (on win 10), but after the exe is hooked with resorep I have a 0xc0000142 error, if I delete the d3d11.dll, I can launch the game, but resorep don't dump or load anything, any idea how I can fix that ?

thx

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I could find no BC1_TYPELESS option with that tool, just BC1_UNORM and BC1_UNORM_SRGB. Am I overlooking something?
I don't see any restrictions in tool's documentation. What happens when you try to convert to BC1_TYPELESS with it?
Hi

I tried to use resorep with wwe 2k17 (on win 10), but after the exe is hooked with resorep I have a 0xc0000142 error, if I delete the d3d11.dll, I can launch the game, but resorep don't dump or load anything, any idea how I can fix that ?

thx
Are you sure that you have only 64-bit version of Java installed? If not - remove all 32-bit versions.

janii

Potential Patron
Been gone long time and came back, with windows 10.

Now I've had the old version (1.3) and the texture seemed to read fine and display ingame
However the new version doesnt seem to read/display the old textures. Sadly I deleted the 1.3 version in the process. So now I have all my textures from 1.3 that I cant use on the new one. I guess filenames are wrong?

Could someone please link me the old 1.3 version?

EDIT: -nvm, just saw that you can download previous versions on the download page

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.