[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (3 Viewers)

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Do you think you could adapt this for Arkham City too? It has a Directx 11 mode but it's only 32-bit.
I have tried for Arkham Knight but it would require too much effort - it uses different internal texture format. I think same goes for Arkham City. I was able to do some capturing with Arkham Knght and once again saw that there are too many textures in modern games. It is very hard to find a required texture among captured textures with Resorep's approach. It needs a way to choose a texture ingame and save only that texture. Like uMod did. But again implementing that will be too much work for me now. I guess we need other interested C/C++ developer to come out with new tool that can do that or willing to add DirectX11 support to uMod.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
If you can make it so we can dump all textures on screen, then it's just a matter of sorting by size and removing all textures that aren't 2048x2048, those are the sizes used for characters in Arkham City, I think Knight goes up to 4096x4096 but I'm not too certain.

Edit: Also not sure if this helps but is it possible for you to only dump textures from one specific file maybe? E.g. dumping the textures from CharTextures.tfc would result in ONLY character textures (skins and gadgets) being extracted which would mean less files to go through.

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
If you can make it so we can dump all textures on screen, then it's just a matter of sorting by size and removing all textures that aren't 2048x2048, those are the sizes used for characters in Arkham City, I think Knight goes up to 4096x4096 but I'm not too certain.
Unfortunately can't do with current architecture. Resorep is sitting between game and videocard and dumps everything that game loads. To dump only onscreen textures it will be require to move it into other place in textures "pipeline". And it will be almost same effort as making possible to select texture for dumping.
Edit: Also not sure if this helps but is it possible for you to only dump textures from one specific file maybe? E.g. dumping the textures from CharTextures.tfc would result in ONLY character textures (skins and gadgets) being extracted which would mean less files to go through.
Can't do either. Game does not tell source of texture to videocard, because it is not required. Only a texture address in system memory is handed.

Sorry about that.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
That's disappointing to hear but still, even if we have to go through all the files the game dumps, just sort them by the dimensions and then it's just a matter of deleting what we don't want. Even if we have to do that and it's a long process it's still better than not being able to mod at all.

So long as your tool still dumps the files and is able to replace the ones in game then I'd be willing to put a lot of time in just to make those texture/mesh mods.

I'll be following your mod anyway, keep up the good work! I hope to see an Arkham trilogy compatible version in the future as City, Origins and Knight all have a DX11 opion but only Knight is solely DX11.

Arackne345

Potential Patron
Yah man I and many other's have been going crazy to mod knight the things we could all do, even if it takes removing a lode of textures or whatever everytime, and if you find anything reply here so we all know, and can do more :)

TheEspio001

Potential Patron
"I was able to do some capturing with Arkham Knght."
If it's possible to capture textures, even if it means scrolling through and deleting thousands upon thousands of textures each time I want to edit some, I'll still use this. Anything is better than nothing, no matter how long it takes, I'd rather go through the process than not be able to. If you ever have a version that can edit textures for the game, no matter how difficult it is to do, please post it here so that those of us who have waited for over a year at least have an option. Thank you.

Arackne345

Potential Patron
If it's possible to capture textures, even if it means scrolling through and deleting thousands upon thousands of textures each time I want to edit some, I'll still use this. Anything is better than nothing, no matter how long it takes, I'd rather go through the process than not be able to. If you ever have a version that can edit textures for the game, no matter how difficult it is to do, please post it here so that those of us who have waited for over a year at least have an option. Thank you.
thanks for the help bro it's arkham forever btw we NEED this and yah it is definitely better than nothing we can still do so much

CupcakeDreamer

Potential Patron
Is there a way to sort the output textures by dimensions? I mean different program or maybe a feature of windows? So we can delete all the textures that are completely the wrong size?

TheEspio001

Potential Patron
Is there a way to sort the output textures by dimensions? I mean different program or maybe a feature of windows? So we can delete all the textures that are completely the wrong size?
If you search 1024 x 1024 in a folder full of images, I'm pretty sure it'll just bring up the ones with those dimensions. So that would definitely help, and you could find out the dimensions by using something like umodel.

marcussacana

Potential Patron
Alive text mod tool project TT-TT finally
Man, you can make this work with PCSX2
I Love Shadow of the colossus and i can export PS3 textures to use in the pcsx2, you can add support to it?

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Any updates we can expect soon-ish?
Great news! WIP screenshot of folders filled with shiny textures captured by Resorep:
2016-11-05_0124.png

Instead of manually adding support for all possible texture formats I was able to use DirectXTex library for texture handling. Capture of various formats is working. The only thing that is left is to add texture overriding code that uses DirectXTex too.

kkoraz

Vivacious Visitor
hi I was wondering if theres any possibility of resorep working with revelation online and if so how I might try and test it

Ray Wing

Content Creator
What you have done here is great, I am awaiting for its completion as a more global tool.
I beg of compatibility with Batman: Arkham Knight, if it's possible!
Could you please try version 1.4.0 Resorep with Batman: Arkham Knight?
Do you think you could adapt this for Arkham City too? It has a Directx 11 mode but it's only 32-bit.
Could you please try version 1.4.0 Resorep with Batman: Arkham City?
Alive text mod tool project TT-TT finally
Man, you can make this work with PCSX2
I Love Shadow of the colossus and i can export PS3 textures to use in the pcsx2, you can add support to it?
Could you please elaborate? Resorep is a PC application so you can't launch it on PS3.
it don't work for lego marvel avangers.
When I try, it won't savbe any textures.
can you help me?
I use windows 8.1
Could you please try version 1.4.0 Resorep with "lego marvel avangers"? Please also note that Resorep only works for 64-bit DirectX 11 games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.