[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (5 Viewers)

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
I've decided to make a compatibility list so everyone knows which games do and do not work. So far I've only added the games I own myself, and most are 32 bit. The ones with the question marks mean they're untested. Please leave comments with your compatibility reports and I'll add them to the list.

Resorep Compatibility List

Ray Wing

Content Creator
That's the problem, NVIDIA won't read the diffs, the most important ones, but it opens normals, HUD-esque stuff and specs, I think. Is there a way to convert NVIDIA format to Intel, or something like that?
Yes you may use texconv.exe from here: Releases · Microsoft/DirectXTex · GitHub to convert between different DDS formats. Its usage manual is here: Texconv · Microsoft/DirectXTex Wiki · GitHub
I've decided to make a compatibility list so everyone knows which games do and do not work. So far I've only added the games I own myself, and most are 32 bit. The ones with the question marks mean they're untested. Please leave comments with your compatibility reports and I'll add them to the list.

Resorep Compatibility List
That's great effort but I'm not sure that such knowledge alone can do anything. Because the tool itself is useless until we have a modder which desperately wants to mod a game.

Last edited:

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
The compatibility list should be easier than you updating the description every time we find a compatible game though, easier to keep track of games that work and don't, so long as people update it with their results also.
(Mad Max and Dying Light also now confirmed to work)

Also do you think you'll be able to do the two features I've requested? It would help a lot for modding quite a few games.

Last edited:

CapLagRobin

Potential Patron
D

drpavelcia

I was trying to work on some textures in Arkham Knight, and it seems like I actually can't upscale the textures for that game. I was trying to use 2048x2048 textures for the Asylum suit (which only has 1024x1024 textures while everything else is 2048x2048), but that just caused things to become distorted unless I used the same resolution.

bucabuca

Potential Patron
I have some problems too, is almost impossible to find joker's lods in Arkham Knight, I extracted almost 4000 textures to find, and nothing.
Is really bizarre ingame you look one angle the mod working and other moment not working.

A mechanism similar to texmod with the texture extracted in game be Highlighted in green would be a great help to find specific lod's of certain textures

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I was trying to work on some textures in Arkham Knight, and it seems like I actually can't upscale the textures for that game. I was trying to use 2048x2048 textures for the Asylum suit (which only has 1024x1024 textures while everything else is 2048x2048), but that just caused things to become distorted unless I used the same resolution.
I need to check if that was broken by moving to DirectXTex library. Thanks for reporting.
I have some problems too, is almost impossible to find joker's lods in Arkham Knight, I extracted almost 4000 textures to find, and nothing.
Is really bizarre ingame you look one angle the mod working and other moment not working.

A mechanism similar to texmod with the texture extracted in game be Highlighted in green would be a great help to find specific lod's of certain textures
I know that currently it is very inconvenient to use but sadly for now that is too much effort for me.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
Handful more compatible games. Mad Max, Dying Light, Grand Theft Auto V, Strike Suit Zero: Directors Cut.

I've seen the same issue with Arkham Knight, it wont extract certain LOD textures. It's either the 256x256 or 512x512 stuff that simply doesn't extract, even when going through every texture in the game, can't find them. It's either an issue wih the texture format not liking those specific files or maybe resorep not extracting them if they're not on screen (an "extract all textures on screen" button would help us get the LODs if it's the latter).

Also my compatibility list is updated whenever I find new games, do you think you can put the link in the description? It'll be easier than you updating it manually whenever I find new games that work, especially once you get 32-bit support working. I'll be testing my entire library.

bucabuca

Potential Patron
Lazyeye 512x512 I was able to extract but some of 256x256 is almost impossible.
If you have the luck to find any 256x256 textures of joker can you please upload?

bucabuca

Potential Patron
Ok, thank you very much, I'm editing some textures and soon I will upload here all my Joker textures, maybe can help you and someone too to complete all texture database
So there is a good relationship of exchange and cooperation between modders

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
Ok, thank you very much, I'm editing some textures and soon I will upload here all my Joker textures, maybe can help you and someone too to complete all texture database
So there is a good relationship of exchange and cooperation between modders

Tried all the tricks I know, still can't find the Joker textures you're missing. Maybe the free roam mod is your best bet and select save textures before clicking on Joker. That's all I can think of.

Godzilla

Potential Patron
Hello! I just found out about this tool but I've been having a bit a trouble getting it working. Every time I launch the .jar file, I get an error stating that "Access is denied". I've searched the thread to see how others resolved this issue but none of the previous posts are really that helpful. At the moment, ResoRep is located in D:\Games\STAR WARS Battlefront\Resorep. I'm on Windows 10 but can't run either version of the tool. Hopefully this is just some kind of mistake on my part and not some sort of incompatibility. Thanks for the tool though, I'm glad to see that someone has finally created a tool for editing DX11 games! :)

EDIT: NVM, it appears the tool is incompatible with Star Wars Battlefront.

Last edited:

bucabuca

Potential Patron
Tried all the tricks I know, still can't find the Joker textures you're missing. Maybe the free roam mod is your best bet and select save textures before clicking on Joker. That's all I can think of.

I'm trying a lot of methods and in the moment is really hard to find the 256 ones.
But, here the link to all my edited joker textures: TDKJK-textures.rar

Godzilla

Potential Patron
L Lazyeye007 What was the Origin error that you received with Star Wars Battlefront? I managed to get the tool running and it doesn't extract textures from the game but there doesn't appear to be any Origin error from what I've seen.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
Godzilla Godzilla Just tried booting up the game with Resorep re-enabled. Must have been a temporary program glitch with Origin. As you said, no error but it doesn't extract textures. I'll update the list now.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
I've noticed a pattenrn. Resorep appears to be incompatible with Unreal Engine 4 games and it has me thinking, is Resorep only compatible with DDS files? Some games use PNG, JPG, BMP, and TGA so if say Arkham Knight used one of those for its LODs it would explain the problems we're having.

bucabuca

Potential Patron
That's in part true, is really hard to find some lod's in Arkham Knight for example the 265x265 ones, i took a lot of time to find the joker's 256x256 lods, but, I finally find it. But... There's some strange bugs in these textures, really small bugs, but, for perfectionists people it's really annoying.

Because this fact I think Lazyeye007 post is correct, maybe if we can inject the textures in PNG,TGA,BMP and JPG formats the textures will work properly and PNG format in some cases is more light and cause less lagging problems. That will permit bigger mods projects/overhauls.

Lazyeye007

Potential Patron
Do you think you can fix the scaling problem with 4k displays? The text is all tiny.
4d7d0f48-4fbd-4f0c-a226-3e14c6eaf5ba

1bHidSw.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.