[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (1 Viewer)

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
please share smooth/soft body normal map

They are not finished. I stopped working on my retextures when resorep stopped working.
If BlackFire's new tool does not get patched, I might start working on them again. I am just worries it is a waste of time because PA has now made it clear they are making it a point to stop modding. :frown: I wish it was in the patch notes, or they had made a statement about it. They had acted from the start modding did not bother them as long as it was only cosmetic. Then all of a sudden they patch in random texture names, a clear act against modding.

As a temporary can use Sorceress/plum normal maps. They are MUCH nicer for soem reason then the Rangers. I think ranger and Valk share normal map

Saskia

Potential Patron
Uploaded a new version of Resorep with Raise of the Tomb Raider support.

Please note that hashing algorithm has changed and old texture names are not compatible with 1.3.0 version.

How do I inject tomb raider?
Via ROTTR.exe? If I do that, I get the regular "application doesnt respond etc" error message. Cant boot it up.

EDIT: nvm, got it working. It was due to d3d11.dll. Simply copied it from the sys32 folder and placed it into resorep and made resorep inject that copy. Works now. Thanks for the great update!

Does the texture editing work anyway?
Grabbed some textures, placed them into modded folder but doesnt seem to do anything

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Does the texture editing work anyway?
Grabbed some textures, placed them into modded folder but doesnt seem to do anything
Yes it works. Here is a texture before editing and after:
2.png 1.png
The problem is that these subtle lines on her pants are bright red on a edited texture. It turned out that RotTR texture system is pretty complex - there are a lot of texture layers for same object and all textures are applied together to form a final object surface look. It's going to be hard to mod that.

kkoraz

Vivacious Visitor
Is it possible to get resorep to work with riders of Icarus? Would be fun to mess with modding armor in that

CapLagRobin

Potential Patron
What you have done here is great, I am awaiting for its completion as a more global tool.
I beg of compatibility with Batman: Arkham Knight, if it's possible!

Ray Wing

Content Creator
What you have done here is great, I am awaiting for its completion as a more global tool.
I beg of compatibility with Batman: Arkham Knight, if it's possible!
Could you please post a screenshot of a character from that game that looks like a good candidate fr texture modding?

CapLagRobin

Potential Patron
Could you please post a screenshot of a character from that game that looks like a good candidate fr texture modding?

Thanks for responding!

There's Deathstroke. His model seems to be ripped straight from Arkham Origins, it's simpler than any other character in the game: http://i.imgur.com/wkgsYGB.png

I can get the umodel-ed textures if you want, or any other file, anything, just ask

CapLagRobin

Potential Patron
I did try it, version 1.3.0, to be exact, but nothing seemed to change... Nothing in-game, nothing in the folders I set up Resorep to extract textures to.

From what I remember, the previous versions crashed the game on startup.

Last edited:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I did try it, version 1.3.0, to be exact, but nothing seemed to change... Nothing in-game, nothing in the folders I set up Resorep to extract textures to.

From what I remember, the previous versions crashed the game on startup.
Well at least it is not crashing :) Thanks for the try. I'll look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.