[TERA ONLINE] Remastered Elin Nude Mod, Costume, Skin Texture, With Added Geometry Details, Elin Thread (4 Viewers)

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
How did you create the mesh around the thighs? Looks super clean in blender and ingame.
I'd like to do similar on other outfits, but I lack the blender skills. Did you create this manually or is there a way to do that with something like subdivide and then simply scale vertices it to however wanted? Thats how I used to do things like that, but that looks terrible compared to yours.
I'm not messing with subdivide cus it's not game friendly, well you just have to be careful when modifying it and look for reference, you can achieve clean looking mesh if you can smooth out the custom normal

pixies

Potential Patron
I started making and converting mods to 64 bit when I came back, I made a ton and was going to release them and then they decide to shut the game down. Maybe if a proper private server releases I 'll rework them back for those. This is a HD skin mod for Castanic with an extra mod for Devlicious.

tera mod.png

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
I started making and converting mods to 64 bit when I came back, I made a ton and was going to release them and then they decide to shut the game down. Maybe if a proper private server releases I 'll rework them back for those. This is a HD skin mod for Castanic with an extra mod for Devlicious.

View attachment 134145
oh nice work!, there's one private server which got tons of player influx called menma's Tera private server,
do you know how to edit Materials on 32bit mod?

Foxter

Potential Patron
32bit sounds awful, game will lag again and ignore more than 4gb of ram, hope we will have good private server someday

glenn8

Potential Patron
I'm not messing with subdivide cus it's not game friendly, well you just have to be careful when modifying it and look for reference, you can achieve clean looking mesh if you can smooth out the custom normal
So you did it yourself? Is there no tool/addon to somehow automate the process?

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
32bit sounds awful, game will lag again and ignore more than 4gb of ram, hope we will have good private server someday
The owner of menma server said that they looking the possibilities of updating it to 64bit

glenn8

Potential Patron
Yeah manually, and I think that's the only way, that's how 3d modeling is done.
View attachment 134163 View attachment 134164

I dont mean the form you created. Its pretty damn good.

I was more interested how you go on to created the extra vertices which still look good ingame. I only know to subdivide but its like you said, makes the texture looks messy. My question was if there is some kind of subdivide addon, which would create/rearrange the vertices to be cleaner, rather than just slap on more faces and stuff. But I guess you did that on your own.

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
I dont mean the form you created. Its pretty damn good.

I was more interested how you go on to created the extra vertices which still look good ingame. I only know to subdivide but its like you said, makes the texture looks messy. My question was if there is some kind of subdivide addon, which would create/rearrange the vertices to be cleaner, rather than just slap on more faces and stuff. But I guess you did that on your own.
You mean those triangle?, If it is, then the answer is before I modify and extrude it I convert all triangles to become quads, and after I finished modifying it I triangulate all of the quads.

About the texture, I'll just edit it in uv editor

glenn8

Potential Patron
You mean those triangle?, If it is, then the answer is before I modify and extrude it I convert all triangles to become quads, and after I finished modifying it I triangulate all of the quads.

About the texture, I'll just edit it in uv editor
Oh shit yes thats exactly what I mean. So the function is tris to quad and triangulate faces right? Makes my life much easier in general with blender.

Thanks a lot!

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
Oh shit yes thats exactly what I mean. So the function is tris to quad and triangulate faces right? Makes my life much easier in general with blender.

Thanks a lot!
Yes, you covert it to quads by selecting all triangles face then right click > convert triangle to quads, although sometimes not all the triangle converted to quads and you have to manualy find a way to make it into quads.

When you working with game asset make sure all quads become triangle, cus game engine only accept triangles.

glenn8

Potential Patron
How did you create these transparent textures for Kimonokini and dark velvet costume.
I know how to associate material to parts. But me simply trying by copying "PC_Event_17_Popori_F_Trans_MI_2" makes my textures look mostly invisible.
Do you have to do some other things too?

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
How did you create these transparent textures for Kimonokini and dark velvet costume.
I know how to associate material to parts. But me simply trying by copying "PC_Event_17_Popori_F_Trans_MI_2" makes my textures look mostly invisible.
Do you have to do some other things too?
Did you add alpha channel or edit the texture you're trying to make it transparent? Can you send screenshot of the mod? In game?

And also I've been in contact with the dev of ther real editor, in 32bit you can't do materials copy, so yeah transparency mods kind a dead right now sadly.

Unokoneko

2D Artist
3D Artist
Editor
Thank you for this awesome works! I got a little question here.
Does Event costumes have an independence base_body texture in each package? I edit some body paint in the Event_BaseBody.gpk in 32bit verison, so almost every Event costume will be able to see the bodypaint under the clothes, that's fun. But the first time that TERA update to 64bit, I checked the package and notice there is no Event_BaseBody.gpk anymore, each Event costumes package have it's own basebody texture, looks like the body paint have to replace every base body texture in every Event costumes...?

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
Thank you for this awesome works! I got a little question here.
Does Event costumes have an independence base_body texture in each package? I edit some body paint in the Event_BaseBody.gpk in 32bit verison, so almost every Event costume will be able to see the bodypaint under the clothes, that's fun. But the first time that TERA update to 64bit, I checked the package and notice there is no Event_BaseBody.gpk anymore, each Event costumes package have it's own basebody texture, looks like the body paint have to replace every base body texture in every Event costumes...?
You're welcome :meow-googlythumbsup:, yes in 64 bit it is better for you to import it into each of the mod you want to create, that way you can chose which costume you want to replace the skin.

Although there's a way to replace all costume skin that uses a specific skin texture, Tutorial , with this way I can replace almost all skin texture of event costume, but this end up making the mod file really big, around 3-2 gigabyte, and it only replace most of the skin texture, so yeah.., it's super inefficient.

glenn8

Potential Patron
Did you add alpha channel or edit the texture you're trying to make it transparent? Can you send screenshot of the mod? In game?

And also I've been in contact with the dev of ther real editor, in 32bit you can't do materials copy, so yeah transparency mods kind a dead right now sadly.
Im on 64bit.

Well I checked your textures and the originals. I saw no changes? I thought it was only the material doing the work.
What change does the texture need? Played around with the alpha channel but no luck

Last edited:

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
Im on 64bit.

Well I checked your textures and the originals. I saw no changes? I thought it was only the material doing the work.
What change does the texture need? Played around with the alpha channel but no luck
You don't need to change anything on the texture file to make transparency mod,
you only need too look for a costume with something transparent on one of its part, copy the material that make it transparent into your mod and assign it to your mesh.

If you want only part of your costume transparent make a new material inside blender, rename it with the name of transparent material you just copy from other gpk, and assign that material to the part of the costume you want to make it transparent inside blender..

glenn8

Potential Patron
You don't need to change anything on the texture file to make transparency mod,
you only need too look for a costume with something transparent on one of its part, copy the material that make it transparent into your mod and assign it to your mesh.

If you want only part of your costume transparent make a new material inside blender, rename it with the name of transparent material you just copy from other gpk, and assign that material to the part of the costume you want to make it transparent inside blender..
Thanks a lot for your help. That worked.

Does real editor/mod manager work on menma server?
Just tried it and the mod manager says "cant find compositepackagemapper.dat"
I guess because its 32bit? Real editor works fine. But cannot inject mods.

Tori3

Content Creator
2D Artist
3D Artist
Modder
Thanks a lot for your help. That worked.

Does real editor/mod manager work on menma server?
Just tried it and the mod manager says "cant find compositepackagemapper.dat"
I guess because its 32bit? Real editor works fine. But cannot inject mods.
in 32 bit you make the mod directly into the PC_Event.gpk, make sure you back it up first
and you don't need mod manager, you just replace the "PC_Event.gpk" with the modded one
or you can just place it on Mods folder in menma's Tera folder, <<< but I haven't try this tho let me know if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.