TERA: Loading Screen Replacers (with Elin fan art) (1 Viewer)

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
[Last Updated: 10/27/2017]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

v1.0:
- Initial Release

v1.1:
- Attempted to fix some of the "washed out" look that some of the screenshots got by raising their contrast quite a bit.
- Added one new loading screen (forget what it applies to, see screenshots section for preview - it's now the first one in the section).

v1.2:
- Updated for the Valkyrie Class Patch (Valkyrie loading screens were not playing). I may try to find some artwork to replace the new loading screens later.

v1.3:
- Added a few more replacers for loading screens that did not have any.
- Moved a couple of loading screens around to fit better with the original's theme/location.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Description:

I really missed those art content fan art loading screens. They seem to do the contests quite a lot but the winning artwork doesn't stick around in the game for very long. And on top of that, the base game's loading screens are ungodly bland and dull, as well as there being only like 5 that you see with any regularity.

What this mod does is it takes samples from all of the past art contests and replaces the bland base game's loading screens with them (including some works that did not win but were very high quality nonetheless).

Buuut I only chose the Elin ones because, well, I prefer Elin personally.

Additionally I did *try* to replace the loading screens with the most similar works, but with a limited pool to work with this isn't always gonna be the case. What I mean is that like hypothetically if the loading screen replaced depicted a battle scene, I tried to replace it with a battle scene (if I found artwork for something similar).

*Also note that I did not replace every single loading screen. There are quite a few locational ones for things like specific instances that I didn't replace, as well as a couple base game ones that I felt were fine as-is (like the "community" one). Most of them were replaced, though.

**I tried to keep these generally "SFW". This means that the level of sexualization on display in any of the loading screens I chose is never more than what gets "approved" by the devs for the art contests or is already shown off in the game itself (i.e. skimpy outfits or suggestive poses).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screenshots:

20170103140043_1.jpg 20170108032830_1.jpg 20170108032850_1.jpg 20170108034016_1.jpg 20161206235117_1.jpg 20170112232221_1.jpg 20170113022615_1.jpg 20161207050202_1.jpg 20161207135732_1.jpg 20170113014440_1.jpg 20170120015043_1.jpg 20170122024646_1.jpg
*Some of these screenshots are a bit out of date and are from before I fixed the color "washout" (should be fairly obvious which ones). I will try to get some more current screenshots when I can.

- Some of the loading screens look really "washed out". I'm not really sure what's causing this and I already attempted to fix it once (by lowering the brightness and increasing the contrast), but it only helped so much. I don't think it looks all that bad, though, so w.e. EDIT: I have attempted to fix this, with mixed results.

- An inevitable result of having to change the aspect ratio of some of the original artwork means that they appear stretched slightly wider than the originals. Nothing I can really do about this, and none of them look that bad anyways, just thought I'd mention it.

For technical specifications, the game's loading screens were all 2048x1024, and most of the artwork I used were 1920x1080, so there was a very small stretch horizontally when resizing them.

Installation:
- Extract the "LoadingImages.gpk" file into the directory "TERA/Client/S1Game/CookedPC/Art_Data/Packages/_S1U1/".

Download:
TERA - Loading Screen Replacers (with Elin fan art) v1.3.7z

Last edited:

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I tried fixing the contrast a bit more but for some weird reason UtHelper was crashing when I tried to save the .gpk file, so I guess this is it. n.nU

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I'm using this for a while but still haven't enchountered
this: https://www.undertow.club/attachments/20170120015043_1-jpg.59349/
and this one: https://www.undertow.club/attachments/20170122024646_1-jpg.59447/

could you check those are ok inside the gpk?
Some of the loading screens are super situational, and some I've never seen either (probably for specific dungeons that were either flat out removed, or are currently out of rotation).

That being said, I have seen both of those (though not very often). Iirc I think they're possible ones to see when loading into Highwatch, but they have a much lower rate than some of the other ones.

Owyn

Potential Patron
Some of the loading screens are super situational, and some I've never seen either (probably for specific dungeons that were either flat out removed, or are currently out of rotation).

That being said, I have seen both of those (though not very often). Iirc I think they're possible ones to see when loading into Highwatch, but they have a much lower rate than some of the other ones.
So... maybe you could switch places of this one:
59349-d114445f335fe89b330447d28463abee.jpg
with this one
59121-b12244706ebf004dff0bb6b8f2c5d0f3.jpg

and this one
59447-e48cabedf61d979a3e5b607c53029fd0.jpg
with this one
59123-b41a7d901e78b8fa3caa49700eed59fc.jpg
?
That'd be great...

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
Ok, I take it back - somehow the version I have uploaded here is out of date. I must've made some additions to it and forgot to share it... No idea how I managed to do that if I put the screenshots on here for the ones I added, though. :X

I updated the mod with a bunch of new loading screen replacers, including the two you were pointing out Owyn Owyn .

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
On a different note:

I REALLY wish I could figure out where the file is that they put the "temporary loading screens" that they add for the art contests, which are not included in the main loading screens file (I think they just get injected into the loading screen leveled lists with some code).

But I've tried several times now on several different art contests and just CANNOT figure out which .gpk file they're housed inside. After the event ends, the file is probably removed, and I want to get at some of the loading screen images in them to include in this mod before they remove them. Yeah I can probably recreate them from the submitted fan art, but I doubt I can do as good a job at optimizing the coloring and size as the devs do...

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
in DownloadedResources.dat
Seriously? That explains... a lot. I would have never looked for it in .dat files. =.=

I've never really dealt with .dat files before. Guess I need to go find a decompiler that works...

EDIT: Hmm, forget it. It seems I'd need to find a .dat extractor specifically designed to be compatible with TERA. Oh well...

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
GitHub - Gl0/TeraDataTools: Tool to parse the Tera Data Center.
> * Decrypt DownloadedResources.dat and unpack custom images/restricted words list
Oooh nice! And good timing too: there's like, 30+ awesome elin fan art loading screens in that archive right now with the gunner stuff. ;3

EDIT: Ug, I really hate Github. I'm not a programming savant - do I have to compile this tool before I can use it? I couldn't find anything specific nor any useful instructions over there or in the download. =.=

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.