SDT-Reborn (2 Viewers)

DaoSoul

Potential Patron
I apologize, but what exactly do you mean?
If you wish to look at the build, go to Newgrounds.
If you wish to financially support it, go to Patreon.

Both are linked in the OP. Or do you want to see something else?

tabris666

Avid Affiliate
Patreon? all i see with that is a scammer and a never ending update and never ending development until people stop supporting you.
I would advice you compile an exe and spread it as normal developers do to test how it works.
Normally people that use unity aren't that professional and end up doing a mess with eternal updates it has being shown a lot specially in patreon developments.
My biggest advice would be avoid patreon for now since you are an unknown using SDT to gain momentum,the best you could do is make your project open source GPL so you get known after you are well known do another project without using SDT to gain fame and momentum
Patreon is only used by scammers and trolls

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
. . .
Patreon is only used by scammers and trolls

tabris666 tabris666 ,
This is not an official warning, but consider it a friendly bit of advice: Insulting Undertow members is a violation of site rules. Don't do it.

No Undertow members who are game developers (we have several) that use Patreon and provide free demos are scammers or trolls.

Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

tabris666

Avid Affiliate
tabris666 tabris666 ,
This is not an official warning, but consider it a friendly bit of advice: Insulting Undertow members is a violation of site rules. Don't do it.

No Undertow members who are game developers (we have several) that use Patreon and provide free demos are scammers or trolls.
certainly a minority could be that way but is a minority if you take a look at 90% of content on patreon is riddled with endless updates and never ending development besides i never insulted anyone if they feel insulted is because they are doing something like that i never said anything about this forum i said QUOTE" Patreon is used by scammers and trolls" exactly which part of that mentioned users of this forum or this forum at all.
Besides claiming free demos is insulting because they are never free (normally most get mad if someone post that on other sites or forums) i have seen developers releasing free content and they don't have patreon for example myself i have released lot of content for free full games,demos,CG ,source and much more and i don't use patreon since patreon is used by scammers as i said to someone in other forum mention one full game or program without bugs or problem made with patreon and that finished the patreon once they finished their project and no one could answer that.
For example this guy under patreon rules he can't make an online only project everything has to be compiled and released even if author didn't make any profit from it yet SDT reborn is online only which is a violation of patreon rules not only that he doesn't have a compiled exe already released from what he has done all of this give me red flags yet i will accuse him in patreon reporting the project i won't accuse him of anything on forums in fact most of what i will say is "patreon is used by scammers and trolls" without pointing fingers to anyone if they feel insulted or offended sadly i never said anything at all to offend directly or pointed fingers.

DaoSoul

Potential Patron
Hello tabris666, I would be very happy to address your concerns.

First, I have no problem with people reposting links to the public content, espacially if it is a non-profit site or a forum I of course have no problem either with reposting the game, it does not hurt me in any way too since the patreon link is embedded.

Second, no guideline violations here, there are compiled exes which are currently behind Patreon tiers. The standalone builds allow for more customization and comfort in general but the features should be the same as much as can be translated to web with the tighter security considerations and lack of multi-threading support of web-browsers). Additionally I am of the knowledge there aren't even any such guidelines, but if you have a reference I would be very thankful if you could link me to it.

Third, your qualms both about Patreon and Unity are justified, first Patreon, it is not a good platform in general and since a court ruling a few days ago they are currently under the risk of being sued into bankruptcy by thousands of ex-Patrons which is why I am currently a little careful about it. The thing about projects never getting finished is in general true too because unlike crowdfunding methods like kickstarter there are no terms of service that require a project to be finished. I would have tried a kickstarter campaign but unfortunately I do not have the faith that trying to bring money up-front would be successful, I have to have something to show for first. Maybe later in the development if there is a major feature requested that would require a lot of money to do.

Now, the reasoning for Unity. I have experience in both Unity, which is very much an unprofessional beginner-engine, and Unreal Engine (no Blueprints), which is not. I originally wanted to make it in Unreal engine, but I had several reasons to go with Unity. First, UE WebGL leaves a lot to wish for and second, UE is not made for these types of games, the rendering is not fitting very well to anime-type games and Unity has become a staple in the japanese development community (which is why it is used by Illusion among other companies) and therefore there are a lot of resources to fall back to which makes it an infinitely better choice.

The only thing left to say is that I can only prove this project by continuing to work on it. It's going well, the original roadmap is kind of skewed because there are multiple parts that need being worked on at once, but I am slowly adding events in with sfx as a side before I can go to particles, but in general I believe reaching feature-parity with SDt (base-game) will happen relatively fast (Apart from the breathing animation/chest-lift, which I already can say with certainty that it will take quite some effort to make in 3D, so it is on the back-burner for now to focus on getting the rest right). You won't be a skeptic about it anymore then, will you?

Last edited:

tabris666

Avid Affiliate
there are compiled exes which are currently behind Patreon tiers
how do you expect donations if people can't access those exe,besides as i said to you patreon rules forbid that behaviours is just a matter of asking if a content creator doesn't follow rules he gets his patreon locked.
First, UE WebGL leaves a lot to wish for and second, UE is not made for these types of games, the rendering is not fitting very well to anime-type games and Unity has become a staple in the japanese development community (which is why it is used by Illusion among other companies)
Well UE is quite good even for anime games (there are a lot and quite good ones even pros use it) problem is licensing reason of why isn't used that much since you have to pay 30% each time you make 3 thousand dollars for a small doujin developer is too much,unity on the other hand depends on licensing for example if you buy a enterprise license you don't have to pay for licensing since you paid the license while personal you have to pay a thousand dollars one you make 10 thousand dollars plus a 5% from each sale from there so the more you sell the more you pay,illusion use unity because is more easy to make retro compatible games specially when their games share a type of save with instructions those need to be shared and unity was the only one that allowed that.
your qualms both about Patreon and Unity are justified, first Patreon, it is not a good platform in general and since a court ruling a few days ago they are currently under the risk of being sued into bankruptcy by thousands of ex-Patrons
Well did you know that they can't do that much to a korean enterprise (they changed offices) besides most of the people are well known scammers for example there are people that still use it as a piggy bank and haven't made content for years even youtubers yet they still try to get money from patreon yet patreon cut their funding for rules "you have to release progress each month each content under tiers have to be released for free with a top delay of 2 weeks" yet no one released anything i'm in favor of patreon there and has everything to win.
Patreon is a good platform problem is users treating patreon as piggy bank
You won't be a skeptic about it anymore then, will you?
As typical internet denizen i will always be skeptic.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
tabris666 tabris666 and DaoSoul DaoSoul ,
Please conduct your conversation with each other via private conversation.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

DaoSoul

Potential Patron
Tabris pretty much anything I know about of what you talked there is factually incorrect (For example, for Unity 200k instead of 10k and no 5% royalty, UE is completely wrong too, just everything, not a single true fact in there) and I could not confirm anything about Patreon either after reading the rules (and Patreon is registered in California and has terms to settle any legal issues there) so tbh I will just assume what are you are talking about is all completely wrong and not based on reality. If you have any additional qualms please send me a DM because you are indeed getting into personal discussion territory and away from this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.