SDT Newbie Guide (1 Viewer)

B

Bricky

I've got a question regarding character folder creation and couldn't seem to find any answers on the various guides and tutorials.

I downloaded a 'him' clothing mod and put it into my Mods.txt to be loaded, however when it loads it won't let any other .swf load, and won't use the Code.txt file.

Do him clothing mods just overwrite these things making it impossible to load other .swf with them?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I've got a question regarding character folder creation and couldn't seem to find any answers on the various guides and tutorials.

I downloaded a 'him' clothing mod and put it into my Mods.txt to be loaded, however when it loads it won't let any other .swf load, and won't use the Code.txt file.

Do him clothing mods just overwrite these things making it impossible to load other .swf with them?
Depends of the embeded code of this mod. Try to change the postion of 'him.swf' in your Mods.txt. In first position it will load first and wouldn't overwrite anything.

KrystalStuck

Vivacious Visitor
Hey, new to the whole Character Folder field, learning very quickly though. Is there any way to put an animtools position into the folders and have them load/run properly?

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
ctrl + c Is a keyboard instruction. It means to hold down the key with the letters ctrl and, at the same time, press the key with the letter c on it.

On my keyboard, the ctrl key is located at the bottom left side.

LucasLeels

Potential Patron
Yes CTRL + C and copy I know this but I can not copy in the game would be the program that starts the game?

I already got it was the program that opened the game :smile:

Last edited:

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
L LucasLeels

HdFTf98.jpg

3: CTRL + C

Best regards / DSE

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Quick question: when I create a character folder with a background and I then implement a character code file, the background does not load. Why is this? What I'm thinking now is that the character code file needs to specify the background, so is this why?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Rename your background BG.png or add this to your CharCode file: customBG:path\image.png.

If it didn't work while you have already renamed your background BG.png, I assume it might be due to some settings like LoadCodeLast:1 with a vanilla background specified in your CharCode (So your code override your background).

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Rename your background BG.png or add this to your CharCode file: customBG:path\image.png.

If it didn't work while you have already renamed your background BG.png, I assume it might be due to some settings like LoadCodeLast:1 with a vanilla background specified in your CharCode (So your code override your background).
I'm pretty sure this is what's happening when I load the character folder when I play the loader, as I did rename my background BG.png. Is there a settings file that comes with the loader that I'm missing? If not, then I add this
customBG:path\image.png
to the end of my character code?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I'm pretty sure this is what's happening when I load the character folder when I play the loader, as I did rename my background BG.png. Is there a settings file that comes with the loader that I'm missing? If not, then I add this
Yeah in the same folder with your Loader.swf there is a Settings.txt where you can tweak some parameter.

Can you please post your CharCode ?

to the end of my character code?
Yes yes.

For exemple this is the code I'm using for my thumbnails:
Code:
charName:RM MIGRATION;arms:back,back;
hisFootwear:none,0,0,0,1;
collar:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;
customBG:Mods\Blank.jpg

Blank.jpg is just a white background located directly in my Mods folder. (It might be a bit messy to throw some stuff directly in this folder but, in this case, this is just a seperate Loader folder for my thumbnails.)

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Yeah in the same folder with your Loader.swf there is a Settings.txt where you can tweak some parameter.

Can you please post your CharCode ?

Yes yes.

For exemple this is the code I'm using for my thumbnails:
Code:
charName:RM MIGRATION;arms:back,back;
hisFootwear:none,0,0,0,1;
collar:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;
customBG:Mods\Blank.jpg

Blank.jpg is just a white background located directly in my Mods folder. (It might be a bit messy to throw some stuff directly in this folder but, in this case, this is just a seperate Loader folder for my thumbnails.)
Nice. Your solution worked. On the other hand, I downloaded Modguy's loader, copied the settings.txt file, and placed it in my settings folder. Then, I set it to LoadCodeLast:0, and apparently this did not work, so I probably did this incorrectly. Is this the method to override the game's ability to load the character codes with default backgrounds instead of custom ones?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Nice. Your solution worked. On the other hand, I downloaded Modguy's loader, copied the settings.txt file, and placed it in my settings folder. Then, I set it to LoadCodeLast:0, and apparently this did not work, so I probably did this incorrectly. Is this the method to override the game's ability to load the character codes with default backgrounds instead of custom ones?
Leave the Settings.txt in the main directory.

About the override thing, if you have:
  • a custom background named BG.png in your character folder
  • a CharCode file setting a vanilla background like charName:exemple-chan;bg:2;....
  • and the line loadHairLast=1 in your Settings.txt file
The CharCode will load the vanilla background on top of your custom background.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Leave the Settings.txt in the main directory.

About the override thing, if you have:
  • a custom background named BG.png in your character folder
  • a CharCode file setting a vanilla background like charName:exemple-chan;bg:2;....
  • and the line loadHairLast=1 in your Settings.txt file
The CharCode will load the vanilla background on top of your custom background.
Oh, that makes perfect sense to me now. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.