SDT Newbie Guide (2 Viewers)

lich69

Potential Patron
hello =)

How to use codes like these?

charName:Syx;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1.0125;arms:onhislegs;throatResist:51;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:wide,104,20,255,1;breasts:149;skin:dark;nose:normal;ear:elf;lipstick:0,232,188,242,1;eyeshadow:255,48,109,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:0,14,0,0;freckles:60,24,24,0.8,0;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:232,188,242,1;eyebrow:normal,89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,2.62,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:1;hisBody:male;hisPenis:1,1.2,1.2;balls:0,1;hisSkin:0;hisTop:none,63,118,162,1;hisBottoms:none,63,118,162,1;hisFootwear:none,179,148,80,1;collar:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:ring,255,255,0,1;bellyPiercing:ring,255,255,0,1;earring:ring,255,255,0,1;herTan:bikini,0.5

lich69

Potential Patron
I have this picture to put my hair cut but I do not arrive, what should I do?

its an JPEG
1494268540-26373-b41ee300c9d648964365ccb75ae2187a.jpg

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I have this picture to put my hair cut but I do not arrive, what should I do?

Hair mods need an alpha backgrounds (i.e. transparent)
You can turn this JPG image into a PNG hair mod easily by just changing the white backgrounds to 100% alpha with Paint.net (or GIMP, or any raster graphics editor that handles alpha backgrounds). Note that JPG doesn't allow alpha backgrounds, that's why all raster SDT mods are using PNG format.
Look at my static hair mod tutorial to understand better that and to find a link to download Paint.net.

stuntcock

Content Creator
ok thank you very much,
Now i has creat my character but the save is impossible. Why ? :'(
The game doesn't know where to find the Yuna.png file. It wants you to supply a subfolder path (such as mods/hairstyles/final_fantasy) using the blank textbox near the bottom of the window.

You should know that the vanilla character-saving feature is not especially powerful. It won't reliably "remember" the custom outfit which you've used to dress up the girl, and it cannot handle any advanced characteristics (such as custom dialogue lines or sexual positions for each girl). I encourage you should read the Newbie Guide and try to set up a Character Folder instead. It takes a bit more effort, but it's much more reliable in the long run.

You can put the Yuna hairstyle into a Character Folder (along with a generated charcode) and then you won't need to inform the game about any subfolder filepaths.

Alternatively, you could add the Yuna.PNG file to your moreClothing registration so that it can be applied to any girl via the in-game selector buttons.

someGuy040

Potential Patron
Damn, never knew you could change the default load character, which brings me to my question.

When I use mod guy's pack, adding Code.txt changes the character when I open/ reset the game. However, when I use sby's loader pack, resetting loads Code.txt, but opening the game always reverts back to sd Chan. Is there a swf file that's overriding the Code.txt or something?

Update: after fiddling around, moreclothingmod was actually overriding Code.txt and resetting the character back to the default sd chan.

sorry for the notification/post :v

Last edited:

lich69

Potential Patron
Good evening,

I read the guide, to train I created the appearance of my character from the princess peach and as clothes I put only shoes.
Here is my file:

My file :
1494448013-1.png

My character File :
1494448100-2.png

My code.txt (For the picture I put them on 6 lines but it does well 1 line) :
1494448416-3.png

My Mods.txt :
1494448671-4.png

My Thumb.png
1494448735-5.png

The result has nothing to do with my file :
1494448815-6.png

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Does your character appear in the character list in game ? What's in the CharacterFolder.txt ? Does your 'Mods' folder is in the same folder than the loader.swf ?

lich69

Potential Patron
Yes my character appears in game under the name Peach Slut so its good but the problem is that the configuration I am given to it does not appear. I'll take a picture of my file.

someGuy040

Potential Patron
What does your txt file look like for CharacterFolders? It should be -> Peach Slut:Peach_Slut (and whatever mods and stuff you have included)

Make sure you didn't forget that underscore and you typed everything correct. My guess to the issue is that you mistyped the second part/ forgot that underscore, so the game created a character called Peach Slut, but the directory is wrong, so the game isn't going to the correct folder (Peach_Slut) and getting the correct info.

stuntcock

Content Creator
What does your txt file look like for CharacterFolders? It should be -> Peach Slut:Peach_Slut (and whatever mods and stuff you have included)

Make sure you didn't forget that underscore and you typed everything correct. My guess to the issue is that you mistyped the second part/ forgot that underscore, so the game created a character called Peach Slut, but the directory is wrong, so the game isn't going to the correct folder (Peach_Slut) and getting the correct info.
That's a good insight -- it's important to name and reference Character Folders correctly. But the specific problem here is a very simple one: file extensions.

L lich69 has used the "hide file extensions for known types" option in Windows. Notice that the Talon file appears in Windows Explorer as simply "Talon" rather than "Talon.swf". Notice also that the thumbnail is named Thumb.png.png. You can see filename errors in the Notepad++ screenshots also.

Thus, the actual problem is that there's no Code.txt file, nor is there a Mods.txt file. There are files named Code.txt.txt and Mods.txt.txt, but the Loader code won't bother to look for those. So the game "loads" the Character Folder, but finds nothing inside.

L lich69 : you'll need to rename your files in order to remove the duplicate file extensions. I would advise you to change your Windows configuration so that filenames are always shown. It will help to avoid errors such as this one, and it will give you slightly more control over your PC (e.g. when you compile a Loader mod and then want to change its file extension from .swf to .mod).

Also: you should shrink or crop your thumbnail image. That image is absurdly large and SDT will show only a tiny distorted copy of it.

Also also: bodyscale:2 is an extreme setting. Fortunately the game clamps the values into the normal range (0.95 ... 1.075), so you won't actually see a giantess on-screen and your game should be playable as usual. But now I'm curious about how you even generated such an extreme charcode :)

lich69

Potential Patron
It was a huge extension problem! I also took advantage of your advice and walking nickel! Thank you very much, I will be able to continue my training on the software :)

lich69

Potential Patron
Hello,

I have another problem, in games I set the colors of my clothes and once good, I generate the code of my outfit to go to save it in my file "code.txt" but the top of my character remains the colors No fault (black).
Other problems, the glasses I gave to my character and the panties does not appear.

My character file :
1494527143-1.png

My code.txt file :
1494527143-2.png

My character In game :
332e.png

My mod file :
un1k.png

stuntcock

Content Creator
I have another problem, in games I set the colors of my clothes and once good, I generate the code of my outfit to go to save it in my file "code.txt" but the top of my character remains the colors No fault (black).
Some SWF files apply a default color upon loading. If that's the case here then you might need to influence the loading order so that your color-change would be applied afterwards.

But I can't tell whether that's happening because I can't perform any local tests. Suggestions:
  • if you're using a Character Folder then there's no need to rename files or simplify their names. You can leave the author's original filename (such as Strapless_Bikini.swf). If you retain the original filenames then it becomes easier to get support, because you can Search for that filename on Undertow.
    • if you don't remember the original filenames then you could try to link to the Download pages themselves (example). You might be able to retrieve them from your internet browser's history.
    • if someone can create a local copy of your charcode and mod files, then they can test the character and attempt to resolve any problems.
    • alternatively: you could package your entire character folder into a ZIP file, share it on Undertow, and ask other people to explain why it doesn't work correctly.
  • the panties and glasses are probably being removed by the late-loading charcode, but it's slightly difficulty to explain how to fix it. It would be easier to fix the problem directly, so I encourage you to share your Character Folder (in the form of a ZIP of 7z file).
  • providing screenshots is a good idea -- it helped us to identify the file extension trouble. But with charcodes it's more convenient to copy-paste the actual content of the Code.txt file into your post. Someone can then copy-paste it directly into their game if they want to test your code.
  • the in-game screenshots are a good idea. But it would be even better if you could post before-and-after screenshots. Take a shot in-game showing how you've customized the girl, and then take another shot afterwards showing how she has loaded incorrectly. It's then much easier for us to compare the differences and guess at what's going wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.