Roxie/Homika from Pokémon (1 Viewer)

BrickShithouse

Content Creator
2D Artist
So I was using this dynamic hair import of Roxie/Homika from pokémon, and I'm getting errors, or, it's not really working right, it slumps down oddly.

I think it was made by Mineur a long while ago:
Mineur's Imports - New Poll! Update: Kuune, Kurumi Ebisuzawa & Krul Tepes! | Undertow

This is the problem I'm getting, left is a screenshot with the old loader, right is the latest version, it's like clipping and slumping on itself somehow.

C0WiLnH.jpg

I'm wondering if there's any way to fix this?
Also, while I'm at it, I would like if it didn't load any character code.

Lizoran

Potential Patron
It was made by Kir in his #1 dynamic imports. Also, this seems to happen to a lot of dynamic hairs (Seen it myself) so it could be a problem with the loader itself since it doesn't happen on vanilla

stuntcock

Content Creator
it could be a problem with the loader itself since it doesn't happen on vanilla
It works fine with Loader 5.45. The crucial factor is animtoolsV14. There's a scripting technique involving re-orientation of scene gravity, which doesn't cooperate with Dynamic hairstyles whose hair strands use a variety of different gravity vectors.

There's a fix available if you use the extended hair physics library. It involves repackaging the hairstyle as a Loader import.

Alternatively: bring the matter to sby sby 's attention. He may be able to offer a patch for animtools which would allow the SWF files to be used as-is.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
It works fine with Loader 5.45. The crucial factor is animtoolsV14. There's a scripting technique involving re-orientation of scene gravity, which doesn't cooperate with Dynamic hairstyles whose hair strands use a variety of different gravity vectors.

There's a fix available if you use the extended hair physics library. It involves repackaging the hairstyle as a Loader import.

Alternatively: bring the matter to sby sby 's attention. He may be able to offer a patch for animtools which would allow the SWF files to be used as-is.
oh snap, those gravity vectors can actually change? i thought they all pointed down xD
i'll see if i can find a way to fix that. i believe there is a gravity for strands option that you can turn off in the mean time.

VorstVolxen

Potential Patron
oh snap, those gravity vectors can actually change? i thought they all pointed down xD
i'll see if i can find a way to fix that. i believe there is a gravity for strands option that you can turn off in the mean time.

Ah, I understand what's happening now. So it's an issue with how the gravity is affected by anim tools, right?

Unfortunately, when it comes to this kind of thing; heck even modding in general, I'm a simpleton. XD
I'll just wait in the mean time.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
pushed an update to animtools, likely will find this behaving better

animtoolsV15_beta | Undertow

edit- maybe my updates have to be approved or something, doesn't seem to be downloading the new files at this time. weird that it would show the update notes, but not provide the updated file. seems like a bug to me

heres mediafire animtoolsV15.zip

Last edited:

Faceless

Content Creator
sby sby Resources need to be approved, yeah. I think there's plans in the works for the Content Creator group to be able to skip that process, though? stuntcock stuntcock would know.

stuntcock

Content Creator
sby sby Resources need to be approved, yeah. I think there's plans in the works for the Content Creator group to be able to skip that process, though?
Yes. That particular feature is already in-place. Anything uploaded by a Content Creator is immediately visible to the public - so it's safe to share a download link with your fans via forum post or PM.

Updates shouldn't require approval. Huitznahua Huitznahua has provided patches for a few of his files without incident.

My guess is that we're running into a problem with internet connections which are mildly unreliable or unstable. A few users had reported difficulty uploading large mod files (~50 MB). If there's a hiccup on the series of tubes between *you* and *undisclosed location* (where the Undertow server is hosted), and an overly-aggressive timeout setting, then your file upload could presumably become abandoned. d£t d£t couldn't find a specific problem with the hosting parameters, sockets settings, etc... so he increased the timeout value.

The forum software is a bit misleading, because it will "accept" the update text corresponding to a lost file. This is presumably a convenience feature (in that it saves the author from needing to re-type his whole message) but it can be very confusing if you're facing repeated errors during file transfer. Ideally, the software would at least warn the user about the failed upload and prompt them to try again.

For the moment, I've simply re-uploaded sby sby 's patched file (from mediafire) onto the animtoolsV15_beta resource. The update should be visible (and downloadable) at the moment.

If anyone out there is encountering repeated problems with file transfers, then please contact d£t d£t with the details. Also, remember that you can use the "External download URL" as a temporary workaround. If you're able to reliably transfer your files to a hosting website (such as mega.nz or mediafire) then you can post an update to your Resource by simply copy-pasting the mediafire link. The system allows for externally-hosted files to be spliced in among Undertow-hosted ones. Example:
  • Version 1.0: uploaded to the Undertow server
  • Version 1.1: hosted on Mediafire because the Undertow server was misbehaving and kept terminating the file transfer
  • Version 1.1a: exactly the same as the previous file, but re-uploaded to the Undertow server after detritus fixed the upload bug
  • Version 1.2: uploaded to the Undertow server
  • etc...

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i have pretty shitty internet, so uploading the 8 meg file takes multiple minutes for me, plenty of time for stuff to break

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Just uploaded a 150MB file without issues. Unfortunately not a whole lot we can do to support issues with the upload timing out due to unstable network routes/connections. I may move the server at the end of this billing cycle if it continues to be an issue for more people.

VorstVolxen

Potential Patron
Hmm...Still having an issue with that Yoko Littner hair even after installing the Animtools v15 update.
That being said; it did fix a few other issues I was having, so...Yay for that, actually.

I can live without the hair mod. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.