Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (2 Viewers)

DrZombi

Content Creator
It seems DA doesn't support loading charcodes from variables (or atleast I can't seem to do it in v4.09dev9 or 10). This would be really helpful as it would tidy up dialogues that constantly switch out full codes or span multiple files(requiring the code to be defined only once). It would also provide a work around for problems with mods in dialogues that change sdt settings via DA variables. (example: the breast growth potion in Weewillie's Slave Bazaar with BreastExpPlus)
Maybe I am doing something wrong here, and da already does support charcodes stored in variables, or its just a bug with the dev versions of da, but I have tried all three forms of the [LOAD_CHARCODE] triggers, charcodes with spaces, charcodes without spaces, vanilla codes, loader codes, partial codes, and still nothing. I could really use this since BEP is too locked up. there's no dynamic variables, triggers, or settings. once the settings are loaded, eveything is locked in place, set to static values. It takes forever to load games. I would like a better way. Sby suggested charcodes, which could work, but i need variables. i mean i could write 151+ lines of {"set":{"da.charcode.load":"superbellysize:<number>"}, "style":"HimAlt3"}, but that would be a nightmare.

Hi Deltavoid Deltavoid ,

There has already been a discussion around the [LOAD_CHARCODE] triggers and the limitations of each since I've made some propositions myself back in 2016. I think it was in this thread but cannot remember. Also, I've used theses triggers a lot so you may want to have a look at my dialogues in my bundle to see if you find something that suits your needs. Or maybe I've just not understood what you need since it's been a long time away from SDT coding for me.

AnonymousName

Potential Patron
Im retarded and new to modding, I'm sure you've answered this question a thousand times so where can I find a guide or instructions to installing and using more dialouge actions??

Deltavoid

Content Creator
A AnonymousName Place the swf in the $INIT$ folder. add it to Mods.txt under
Default/TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf

as for using the mod, there is documentation provided with DA. check out those. if you more specific questions on certain things, feel free to ask (though I would do some searching before hand just to make sure someone else has not had the same question)

Also, if you have not already, I would recommend checking out the following:
Huitznahua's Sdt newbie guide
Sby's Common SDT & Loader questions answered
stuntcock's Getting Started With SDT

hope this helps^.^

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Did you read my post above?
Did you read the threads i linked?
Did you read any of the guides/notes provided with the loader?
If not, then i would advise doing so. It would greatly benefit you for the future.

Last edited:

Thadas

Content Creator
Hi Pim_gd Pim_gd

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to emulate a keypress via DialogueActions? What I'm trying to do is trigger the function of MakeHerCum when the value of da.masturbation.herpleasure reaches 100, but I'd like it to ONLY make Her ejaculate. The mod (MakeHerCum) is so old at this point that I assume there is no dialogue action support for it, so I assumed the next best option is to try and emulate hotkey that is used for making Her manually ejaculate.

Thanks in advance for your time!

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Hi, I have a few questions regarding dialogue performace in very.. crowded dialouges.

1. Does the number of lines affect dialogoue performance if they aren't used and can't be reached in the current context?
  • More specifically: I have lots of menus and scripting in general ( reactions to decisions, events and check for those events etc ) but now the dialogue is playing a sex scene, so the only lines that can by played are reactions to what the player is doing to the girl

Aka <vanillaLine>:"[<vanillaLine>_*currentPosition*]"

So until that scene is finished the other lines become basically useless. Do those currently unable to be reached lines affect the performance of the dialogue?
2. If the answer the pervious question is yes, should I move the scene in a different dialogue file and just copy over the variables I need? Would that improve performace?

Jaxx

Content Creator
From my experience, if those line can really NOT be reached, performance shouldn't be affected, not significantly. Your way of designing it (<vanilaLine:"[<vanilaLine_*contextVar*]) is the right one, because you do not multiply reachable lines with check conditions.
The most common issue degrading a dialog speed that I've seen, is when there is a queued line that cannot be satisfied (ie. you didn't put a held or pull_out trigger line in your dialog but the game is looking for one, and its lifetime will delay further events).
However, if you can design your dialog into multiple smaller files, as long as you design your dialog initialisations properly, it is a good way to avoid complexity and tricky issues.

SkyHeart

Casual Client
From my experience, if those line can really NOT be reached, performance shouldn't be affected, not significantly. Your way of designing it (<vanilaLine:"[<vanilaLine_*contextVar*]) is the right one, because you do not multiply reachable lines with check conditions.
The most common issue degrading a dialog speed that I've seen, is when there is a queued line that cannot be satisfied (ie. you didn't put a held or pull_out trigger line in your dialog but the game is looking for one, and its lifetime will delay further events).
However, if you can design your dialog into multiple smaller files, as long as you design your dialog initialisations properly, it is a good way to avoid complexity and tricky issues.

Ok, Thank you, Noted, I'll put at least one trigger for every vanilla line in every scene. And with that in mind, I'll redo one of the scenes to see if performace improves. I'm trying to avoid doing separate dialougues for these due to the amount of variables I have already with the dialogue only about 30% done

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Using [BUTTONALL_ON] doesn't show me anything and [BUTTON<1-10>_ON] shows blank buttons. Also they appear in the left center and I can't seem to move them by using different button numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
all:"CLEAR"

start:"[start1_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
start1_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][start2]" {"style":"him"}
start2:"[BUTTONALL_ON][RELEASE][HIDE_PENIS][HIDE_HIM]" {"style":"him", da.button1.name":"Body", da.button2.name"::"Skin", da.button3.name":"Hair", da.button5.name":"Back"}

- BUTTONS
button1:"Test1" {"style":"him"}
button2:"Test2" {"style":"him"}
button3:"Test3" {"style":"him"}

button5:"Test5" {"style":"him"}

Jaxx

Content Creator
da.button#.name must be placed in a "set" group, furthermore, you might try to call for [BUTTONALL_ON] in the following line rather than the one where you set your buttons name.

Code:
start2:"[RELEASE][HIDE_PENIS][HIDE_HIM][start3]" {"style":"him", "set":{"da.button1.name":"Body", "da.button2.name":"Skin", "da.button3.name":"Hair", "da.button5.name":"Back"}}
start3:"[BUTTONALL_ON]" {"style":"Him"}

Last edited:

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Using [BUTTONALL_ON] doesn't show me anything and [BUTTON<1-10>_ON] shows blank buttons. Also they appear in the left center and I can't seem to move them by using different button numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

Code:

start:"[start1_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
start1_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][start2]" {"style":"him"}
start2:"[BUTTONALL_ON][RELEASE][HIDE_PENIS][HIDE_HIM]" {"style":"him", da.button1.name":"Body", da.button2.name"::"Skin", da.button3.name":"Hair", da.button5.name":"Back"}

- BUTTONS
button1:"Test1" {"style":"him"}
button2:"Test2" {"style":"him"}
button3:"Test3" {"style":"him"}

button5:"Test5" {"style":"him"}

For buttons to appear they need to have a name, blank buttons won't be oppened by [BUTTONALL_ON].

The problem in your script is nothing else but this: at the line you're setting all the names, put them all inside a "set":{} so the line should look something like

Code:
start2:"[BUTTONALL_ON][RELEASE][HIDE_PENIS][HIDE_HIM]" {"style":"him", set:{"da.button1.name":"Body", "da.button2.name":"Skin", "da.button3.name":"Hair", "da.button5.name":"Back"}}

SkyHeart

Casual Client
da.button#.name must be placed in a "set" group, furthermore, you might try to call for [BUTTONALL_ON] in the following line rather than the one where you set your buttons name.

Code:
start2:"[RELEASE][HIDE_PENIS][HIDE_HIM][start3]" {"style":"him", "set":{"da.button1.name":"Body", da.button2.name":"Skin", da.button3.name":"Hair", da.button5.name":"Back"}}
start3:"[BUTTONALL_ON]" {"style":"Him"}
[BUTTONALL_ON] works perfectly fine on the same line with button name settings because the "set" instruction is executed before the triggers inside the line

Jaxx

Content Creator
In some circumstances, I've seen buttons not showing up when their display trigger was called on the same line as the one you set their names, I'm not saying this for nothing.
If it works, good, if it doesn't, try calling the trigger on the next line.

SkyHeart

Casual Client
In some circumstances, I've seen buttons not showing up when their display trigger was called on the same line as the one you set their names, I'm not saying this for nothing.
If it works, good, if it doesn't, try calling the trigger on the next line.
Really.. I never had this issue, I'm sorry

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Hi, There is this thing where, if you set a variable with SETVAR or SETVARBYNAEM the variable you're setting doesn't actualy get its new value until the next line is played. Is it consistant enough to rely on in dialogue scripting?

I'm only using it in one place now, and it seems to be working fine in the few tests I did, but it doesn't really seem right and since I found some cases in which it would be useful I decided to ask about it before I start using it more often

An example of this at work:
Code:
initial_settings:{"var1":"value1"}

start:"[SETVAR_var1_value2][var1]"
value1:"Line 1 -> *var1*"
value2:"Line 2 -> *var1*"

The result would be "Line 1 -> value2"

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.