Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (3 Viewers)

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v2.00ALPHA7, VAv1.08 (5 January 2014)

v2.00Alpha7
Because why not

- Implemented variables:
-- da.masturbation.herpleasure {read and write} - sets her masturbation pleasure (scale: 0-100)
-- da.random {read only} - returns a random value between 0 and 1. Example usage to make it 1-10: (you'll have to define x as "*" in initial_settings to get access to multiplication operator) [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_*da.random x 9 + 1 \ 1*] - formula is ( random * ( max - min ) ) + min \ 1

- Implemented triggers:
-- [MASTURBATE_STOP] - instantly stops her masturbating (will still slowly drop her pleasure)

- Implemented VariableArithmetic operator:
"\" - Integer division. Returns var1 divided by var2, floored. ( var1 \ var2 ) equals ( (var1 / var2) - ( ( var1 / var2 ) % 1 ) )

- Fixed bugs:
-- after [MASTURBATE_OFF], her pleasure no longer drops if the game is paused
(attachment removed, download v2.00+ in the OP)

WeeWillie

Content Creator

Dialogue Actions Request

One issue with SDT is its lack of player input. The thing that would thrill me the most is if there were a way to map key strokes to line types. For example, I would be in heaven if I could have a line like this:

key_y_pressed:"The Y key has been pressed recently. I can now script something off that press." {"style":"him"}

aztlan

Casual Client

What's the syntax for da.masturbation.herpleasure?

{"set":{"da.masturbation.herpleasure":100}}
When I use the code above, it returns an error saying it was unable to identify the variable as numeric. But I thought it was numeric.

Using {"set":{"da.masturbation.herpleasure":"100"}} doesn't generate the error but I thought it was supposed to be a number and not a string.

(See the updated syntax in my dropbox.)

aztlan

Casual Client

WeeWillie said:
Dialogue Actions Request

One issue with SDT is its lack of player input. The thing that would thrill me the most is if there were a way to map key strokes to line types. For example, I would be in heaven if I could have a line like this:

key_y_pressed:"The Y key has been pressed recently. I can now script something off that press." {"style":"him"}

Agreed.

That would be very nice. I wonder if you could tie it to the K key - and use the swallow trigger.

J might work too but it's potentially a bit more messy - though with J you could do a comparison of FINISHES before and after the dialog line - put FINISHES into a custom variable at the beginning of the line, tell the player to press J to take the action, and if FINISHES after the line is played > FINISHES at the beginning (i.e., your custom variable), then trigger the proposed action, if not then don't.

You might also be able to take advantage of a hotkey through animtools too - but not sure exactly how that would work - the advantage of that might be that you could have several different choices.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

aztlan said:
What's the syntax for da.masturbation.herpleasure?

{"set":{"da.masturbation.herpleasure":100}}
When I use the code above, it returns an error saying it was unable to identify the variable as numeric. But I thought it was numeric.

Using {"set":{"da.masturbation.herpleasure":"100"}} doesn't generate the error but I thought it was supposed to be a number and not a string.

(See the updated syntax in my dropbox.)

It's a minor bug, it sees 100 as numeric already and can't convert it TO numeric (because it expects string)
will fix.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

A couple ideas on how to implement player input.
I haven't checked if the suggested triggers CAN be implemented, but I'm assuming they are.

Idea #1.
- Add DA Trigger: [INSTANT_PLAYLINE_<linename>] (interrupts current line and forcibly plays a line)
- Add DA Trigger: [REGISTER_BUTTON_<id>_<variableNameToReadButtonNameFrom>_<variableNameToReadButtonActionFrom>] (adds a button with var1 as internal id, var2 as text, var3 as internal trigger to play
- Add DA Trigger: [UNREGISTER_BUTTON_<id>] (removes a button based on internal id)
- Add DA Trigger: [UNREGISTER_ALL_BUTTONS] (removes all buttons, hides button bar)
-- Example:
Code:
initial_settings:{"slapbuttonName":"Slap her!","slapbuttonAction":"[INSTANTPLAYLINE_slapHer]"}
start:"[REGISTER_BUTTON_slap_slapbuttonName_slapbuttonAction]"
slapHer:"Take this![doSlapHer]" {"style":"Him"}
doSlapHer:"Take this! [RELEASE][HOLD][slapComment]" {"held":"true","style":"Him"}
doSlapHer:"Take this! [HOLD][RELEASE][slapComment]" {"held":"false","style":"Him"}
slapComment:"Oww, that hurt!"
I make buttons show up on the right side of the screen. Or maybe left. Perhaps that's controllable with triggers too? [POSITION_BUTTONBAR_(LEFT/RIGHT)]
Pro:
- Doesn't break dialogue or gameplay immersion badly
- Availability is controlled by dialogue writer (actions allowed at any time... slapping whenever she calls the player by the wrong name for instance)
- No exposition needed for button system in the dialogue (When a button "Yes" or "Hit her" shows up, surely the player knows what it does?)
- User can see available special actions at any time

Con:
- Limited buttons (about 5)
- Can be view obscuring (custom positions)
- Mouse movements are not atomic (they cause things to happen like movement)

Idea #2.
- Add DA Trigger: [INSTANT_PLAYLINE_<linename>] (interrupts current line and forcibly plays a line)
- Add DA Trigger: [REGISTER_KEYPRESS_<variableNameToReadKeyFrom>_<variableNameToReadActionFrom>] (adds a keypressed listener with var2 as internal trigger to play)
- Add DA Trigger: [UNREGISTER_KEYPRESS_<variableNameToReadKeyFrom>] (removes a keypressed listener)
- Add DA Trigger: [UNREGISTER_ALL_KEYPRESSES] (removes all keypressed listeners)
-- Example:
Code:
initial_settings:{"slapactionkey":"S","slapaction":"[INSTANTPLAYLINE_slapHer]"}
start:"[REGISTER_KEYPRESS_slapactionkey_slapaction]"
slapHer:"Take this![doSlapHer]" {"style":"Him"}
doSlapHer:"Take this! [RELEASE][HOLD][slapComment]" {"held":"true","style":"Him"}
doSlapHer:"Take this! [HOLD][RELEASE][slapComment]" {"held":"false","style":"Him"}
slapComment:"Oww, that hurt!"
I add listeners to keypresses, and when it is pressed (and the game is not paused) I perform the trigger.
Pro:
- Keyboard! AWESOME! ... or... maybe not?
- "Code cheat" functions - you can secretly map a key to a trigger that lets you skip a section of the dialogue.

Con:
- Keyboard. Many keys are taken by SDT, and some may be mapped via shortcut keys by people. (I know I have ASDF set to things)
- Keyboard. Again. QWERTY, AZERTY, DVORAK are different keyboardlayouts. What you think of as easy can be a pain to hit. On DVORAK, S is on the right side of the keyboard. On QWERTY, S is on the left side.
- PRESS X TO SLAP - Needs exposition (not a major bad thing, ... if written properly)
- If you unregister a listener, the user does not know he can't perform the action anymore

Idea #3.
Basically Idea #1, but this time, you don't have a button bar and instead you can use something like
[SHOW_CHOICE_MENU] to pause the game (and pause dialogue playback) which would blur the screen
and show the buttons.

Pro:
- Supports a lot of possible choices.
- No exposition needed for choice system (users can figure this out easily enough)

Con:
- Choices only available at specific intervals (dictated by writer)
- Mouse movements are not atomic (when you have selected your choice the mouse movement will register, possibly rather violently because you just moved your mouse a lot of pixels in 1 frame)

Alternatively... provide your own idea.

LN1990

Potential Patron

I like ideas 1 and 3.

And can see the problems with both.

Now this is only a suggestion but, when you full screen SDT there are borders, no? Can anything be put there? Granted the major flaw in this is when it isn't full screen it won't get seen.

If I had to make a choice, it would be 3.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Here's how idea1 would look if implemented (this was made in paint, sure, but it will kinda look like this - maybe be at 0.6 alpha until mouseovered)

(I copy pastad the dialogue box and the buttonbar into this)
[attachimg=1]
Now of course you'd only see (agree/disagree) for such a question, but I've tried to show why you'd only be able to have about 5 buttons. I could make it scroll but really that's just a pain.

Attachments

• idea1.png
    idea1.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 615

LN1990

Potential Patron

Not a big fan of that now I've seen it.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

I'm not a very good artist.
Maybe a lighter panel or a different color would be better, I dunno.

LN1990

Potential Patron

Pim_gd said:
I'm not a very good artist.
Maybe a lighter panel or a different color would be better, I dunno.

If I were doing it I would make it thinner, have it the same colour as the original menu. Same style as it as well. Try to blend it in if you get me?

sby

Content Creator
Coder

modguys controls should be able do make what you want, with scroll areas, buttons, labels, and what

aztlan

Casual Client

I think option 2 is less intrusive (i.e., flicking the mouse around can cause the actors to go haywire), but if you go with option 1 you should consider having the buttons very transparent/faint until you mouse over them, then they become opaque and you can read and select from them.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v2.00 (7 January 2014)

January 7, 2014
Introducing v2.00 of DialogueActions!
- Fixed a bug where a trigger could get skipped due to low framerate
- Fixed a bug where triggers at the start of the line would get skipped
- Fixed a bug where her masturbation would continue if the game was paused
- Ending masturbation with [MASTURBATE_OFF] now no longer changes her right arm position (if changed by animtools)
- Special characters (such as periods) are now no longer filtered from triggers for DialogueActions.
- Merged VariableArithmetic into DialogueActions

- Changed the way backgrounds, charcodes, dialogues and hair files are loaded
-- (variable) background {write only} -> (variable) da.background.load {write only}
-- (variable) loadCharCode {write only} -> (variable) da.charcode.load {write only}
-- (variable) hair {write only} -> (variable) da.hair.load {write only}
-- (variable) loadDialogue {write only} -> (variable) da.dialogue.load {write only}

- Changed the way clothing is set
-- (variable) <clothingType> {write only} -> (variable) da.clothes.<clothType> {read AND write} (clothType later explained in greater detail)

- Changed triggers:
-- [FLASH_<hex>] - Fades the screen to hex color, lasts indefinitely
-- any triggers with arm resetting may cause minor graphical glitches. Fixable with [FIX_ARMS] ([FIX_LEFT_ARM][FIX_RIGHT_ARM])

- Added variables:
da.masturbation.herpleasure {read and write} - her masturbation pleasure (scale: 0-100)
da.random {read only} - returns a random value between 0 and 1. Example usage to make it 1-10: (you'll have to define x as "*" in initial_settings to get access to multiplication operator) [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_*da.random x 9 + 1 \ 1*] - formula is ( random * ( max - min ) ) + min \ 1
da.hair.load {write only} - For loading hair files. Only static images are supported right now. Delay set is possible, using [LOAD_HAIR]
da.background.load {write only} - For loading backgrounds. Delay set is possible, using either [CHANGE_BACKGROUND] or [FADE_BACKGROUND_<hex>]
da.dialogue.load {write only} - For loading dialogues. Acts instantly, might halt the current line from playing.
da.charcode.load {write only} - For loading (partial) charcodes.
da.clothes.<clothType>.<colorComponent> {read and write}
--clothType = any of these: "ankleCuffs", "armwear", "bellyPiercing", "bottoms", "collar", "cuffs", "earring", "eyewear", "footwear", "gag", "headwear", "himBottoms", "himFootwear", "himTop", "legwear", "legwearB", "nipplePiercing", "panties", "tonguePiercing", "top", "tops"
--colorComponent = any of these: "r", "g", "b", "a", "r2", "g2", "b2", "a2". r, g, b and their r2, g2, b2 cousins are from 0 to 255. a and a2 are from 0 to 1

- Added triggers:
-- [BOUNCE_TITS_<power>] - BOUNCE_TITS, with custom power argument. Suggested max is 0.5. [BOUNCE_TITS] uses 0.15.
-- [FIX_ARMS] - Stops rubbing, rotates her hands back to normal
-- [FIX_LEFT_ARM] - FIX_ARMS, left arm only
-- [FIX_RIGHT_ARM] - FIX_ARMS, right arm only
-- [INSTANT_END_FLASH] - Instantly ends a FLASH effect, without fading
-- [INSTANT_FLASH_<hex>] - Instantly sets the screen to hex color. Only ends after [END_FLASH] or a variant thereof.
-- [INSTANT_FLASH_<hex>_<durationInMilliseconds>] - Instantly sets the screen to hex color, waits durationInMilliseconds milliseconds before ending the fade effect.
-- [FLASH_CHANGE_COLOR_<hex>] - changes the fade effect's color.
-- [LOAD_HAIR] - Loads a hair file set to the variable da.hair.load . Only works if the trigger is on the same dialogueline as the variable set for da.hair.load.
-- [VA_SET_VARIABLE_<variableName>_<value>] - Sets the named variable's value to the provided value. Example: [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_5].
-- [VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME_<variableTargetName>_<variableSourceName>] - Sets the named target variable's value to the value of the named source variable. Example: [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_var2].
-- [VA_SET_GLOBALVARIABLE_<globalVariableName>_<value>] - stores a value in DialogueAction's memory.
-- [VA_SET_GLOBALVARIABLEBYNAME_<globalVariableName>_<sourceVariableName>] - stores a value in DialogueAction's memory, using a dialogue variable's name to pull the value from.
-- [VA_LOAD_GLOBALVARIABLE_<globalVariableName>] - sets <globalVariableName> as a dialogue variable using the value stored in DialogueAction's memory.
-- [RANDOMIZE_HER_BODY] - Randomizes her body
-- [RESET_RESIST] - Resets her resistance. May cause first_dt, first_throat and intro lines to trigger again. Change resistances with charcode loading.
-- [TONGUE_OUT] - Moves her tongue out (might break through clenching teeth)
-- [TONGUE_IN] - Moves her tongue back in (it might pop back out 2 seconds later though)
-- [MASTURBATE_STOP] - instantly stops her masturbating (will still slowly drop her pleasure)

- Added linetypes:
-- "choking" - plays when her mouth is full and she is passing out (starting to look like she is passing out, breath at 0 and oxygen dropping)

- Added the following operators:
Code:
Operator	var1	var2	output
+		10	20	30 - Adds both sides together.
-		10	20	-10 - Substracts the right side from the left side.
/		10	20	0.5 - Divides the left side by the right side. If the right side is 0, ... then I don't know what happens. Check Adobe's manual for division by 0.
!=		10	20	1 - If both sides don't have the same value, returns 1. Returns 0 otherwise.
==		10	20	0 - If both sides have the same value, returns 1. Returns 0 otherwise.
>=		10	20	0 - If the left side is more than, or equal to the right side, returns 1. Otherwise returns 0.
<=		10	20	1 - If the right side is more than, or equal to the left side, returns 1. Otherwise returns 0.
>		10	20	0 - If the left side is more than the right side, returns 1. Otherwise returns 0.
<		10	20	1 - If the right side is more than the left side, returns 1. Otherwise returns 0.
=		10	20	20 - Whatever the result might have been, it's set to the right side.
&&		1	0	0 - Represents a boolean AND. Returns 1 if (var1 + var2) equals 2. Otherwise, returns 0.
||		1	0	1 - Represents a boolean OR. Returns 1 if (var1 + var2) equals or is more than 1. Otherwise, returns 0.	
%		10	4	2 - Returns the remainder of a division of var1 by var2. Represents a modulo.
*		10	20	200 - Returns var1 multiplied by var2. Note that you can't use this operator directly - you need to define a variable with * as it's value.
\		10	3	3 - Returns the floored value of a division of var1 by var2. Represents integer division.

You can use ( ) to specify ordering (other ordering is ignored).
You can use variables names inside the insertion *var1 + var2* and they will automatically be replaced with the value that they have *var1 + var2* -> *10 + 20* -> 30
Keep in mind that for this to work properly, variable names CANNOT have spaces in them, and variables CANNOT be attached to parentheses or an operator.
Thus, don't use *var1+(var2/var3)*, instead use *var1 + ( var2 / var3 )*.
Additionally, due to the way replacing of insertion values work, variable names CANNOT contain operators.

- Removed the following triggers:
-- [SHRINK_PENIS]
-- [GROW_PENIS]
-- [CLEAR] - Load an empty dialogue with da.dialogue.load

- Removed the following variables:
-- penisSize - write-only, scale 0-100
-- penisLength - write-only, scale 0-100
-- penisWidth - write-only, scale 0-100
-- maxPenisLength - write-only, scale unknown (0-100?)
-- maxPenisWidth - write-only, scale unknown (0-100?)
-- minPenisLength - write-only, scale unknown (0-100?)
-- minPenisWidth - write-only, scale unknown (0-100?)

See included documentation for basic examples on usage.

Link in OP, and the archive download in the second post has been updated as well.

LN1990

Potential Patron

Code:
Easy to do:
3 votes (tanksk1, T0mcat, Tweak) - Add "pleasurePercentage" - a variable that contains the value of how close he is to ejaculating. Name can be altered if needed. Could be used in a check, maybe? Vigorous lines with pleasurePercentage below 20 - "Am I doing it wrong?" - pleasurePercentage above 80 - "You're gonna cum soon, I know it!"

Hard to do:
2 votes (AaRL, Slingerbult, TM94) - add "[FINGERS_MOUTH]" as trigger - To make her stick her fingers in her mouth (Think after she masturbates...)
2 votes (AaRL, Slingerbult, TM94) - add "[ARMS_HIS_SIDES]" as trigger - To make her hold/caress his sides (Can use either hand/arm or both arms in commands)
2 votes (AaRL, Slingerbult, TM94) - add "[ARMS_HIS_LEGS_FEEL]" as trigger - To make her hold/caress his side of his legs (Like above, can use either arm or both arms in commands)
2 votes (AaRL, Slingerbult, TM94) - add "[ARMS_LEGS_FEEL]" as trigger - To make her caress her legs (Like above, can use either arm or both arms in commands)
2 votes (AaRL, Slingerbult, TM94) - add "[GRAB_ASS]" as trigger - She caresses/places her hands on her ass (Like above, can use either arm or both arms in commands)
2 votes (AaRL, Slingerbult, TM94) - add "[FINGER_ASS]" as trigger - She fingers herself (Can use either hand/arm or both arms in commands)
1 vote (AaRL, TM94) - add "[LICK_FINGERS]" as trigger - To make her lick her fingers (Think after she masturbates...)
1 vote (T0mcat, TM94) - add "[ARMS_HER_HIPS]" as trigger - To make her place her hands on her hips.

Unsorted:
2 vote (AaRL, T0mcat, TM94) - add "[MOUTH_OPEN]" as trigger - Opens her mouth
2 vote (AaRL, T0mcat, TM94) - add "[MOUTH_CLOSED]" as trigger - Closes her mouth
1 vote (T0mcat) - add "auto_speed" variable - alters her speed in auto movements (will have to look if this is even possible)
1 vote (AaRL) - add "[BALLS_TWITCH]" as trigger - like [BOUNCE_TITS], but now his balls.
1 vote (Slingerbult) - disable cloth-variable nuking and allow checks on them
1 vote (Slingerbult) - enable/disable mouse movement somehow via dialogue triggers
1 vote (Slingerbult) - a convenient way to hide him/her entirely
1 vote (denirth) - variables for ejaculation count and last locations, as well as fixing ejaculation linetype
1 vote (AaRL) - [BREATHE_NORMAL]/[BREATHE_HEAVY] for making her breathe at different rates

Updated :P

aztlan

Casual Client

Which version of the loader should we use with 2.00? Loaderv534DEVRC2? Or 5.33? Any difference?

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Cleared the arm/finger triggers off the list. Use animtools for that.
The rest, I dunno. Might add them someday.

And use latest loader (v5.34, from SDT Loader topic) with DialogueActionsv2.00.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

I think there might be a bug in Dialogue Actions 2.0, unless you purposely change the trigger behavior. I have the following start code:
Code:
- Determine player sex.
start:"[start2][start_*YOU*]" {"style":"him"}
start_Mistress:"[start_Female]" {"style":"him"}
start_Female:"[start2]" {"style":"him","set":{"pFemale":1, "pPronoun":"she", "pCapPronoun":"She", "pIntensive":"her", "pPossessive":"hers"}}

start2:"PLAYING START2"  {"style":"him"}

I would expect start2 to always run, but it never does.

I can't wait for you to update Dialogue Checker for DA 2.0. I've grown so dependent on it, but it doesn't look like you have an update yet?

Thanks so much for all this great work!

WeeWillie

Content Creator

I'm curious. What was gained by changing the way clothing is added and removed? The new variables are an order of magnitude more difficult to use, and I don't see any new benefit.

Old way:
Make your girl look pretty.
Generate a charcode.
Copy and paste the clothing elements into a set command
top:bra,105,39,178,1 -> "top":"bra,105,39,178,1" (i.e. just add a few quotes and you're done)

New way:
Make your girl look pretty.
Generate a charcode
Copy and paste
Add da.clothes. in the front
Add .type in the back
Capitalize the names
Divide out all the colors, and add da.clothes. in front and color codes in back.
top:bra,105,39,178,1 -> "da.clothes.top.type":"Bra,105,39,178,1"
"da.clothes.top.r":"105"
"da.clothes.top.g":"39"
"da.clothes.top.b":"178"
"da.clothes.top.a":"1"
If doing full outfits, go crosseyed at all the script text.

This new method is brutal. I assume there was some large cool gain, cause right now this has made me a sad panda.

EDIT: After some effort, I figured out you can do the following:
"da.clothes.cuffs":"Leather,0,0,0,230,239,255", but the type needs to be lower case and the item needs to start with an upper case, and there seems to need to be the exact correct amount of numbers? This isn't as bad, though it is more difficult to use than before, and more prone to human error.

tanksk1

Potential Patron

It looks like variables for Sby's breast expansion mod cannot be used in combination with [VA_SET_VARIABLE... or [VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME...

Example

[VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_*breastsize*]

*var1* = 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.