Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (2 Viewers)

ModGuy

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v2.02 (9 January 2014)

Pim_gd said:
Nevermind that, I have figured out your issue but I don't know how to solve it.
Since I have to sleep,
have IRC logs.

(1:37:10 AM) Pimgd: I don´t know how to fix a numeric set
(1:37:44 AM) Pimgd: here´s the thing
(1:37:44 AM) LC-DDM: what
(1:38:00 AM) Pimgd: {¨set¨:{¨var1¨:¨0¨}} is broken
(1:38:06 AM) Pimgd: {¨set¨:{¨var1¨:¨+1¨}} will add one
(1:38:16 AM) Pimgd: {¨set¨:{¨var1¨:¨-1¨}} will substract one
(1:38:30 AM) Pimgd: {¨set¨:{¨var1¨:-1}} will set to -1
(1:38:50 AM) LC-DDM: I just got on.
(1:38:53 AM) LC-DDM: That is like chinese.
(1:38:54 AM) LC-DDM: To me.
(1:38:57 AM) Pimgd: [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_+1] will add one
(1:39:10 AM) Pimgd: [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_1] should obviously set to one
(1:39:20 AM) Pimgd: f93 TM94
(1:39:23 AM) Pimgd: but...
(1:39:34 AM) Pimgd: what should this do?
(1:39:35 AM) Pimgd: [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_-1]

set -1 or substract 1?
or should I just alter the middle one to require =1?
hmhmhmmhhm

Are you limited to one character?
+=, -=
Set shouldn't be a relative thing but I can understand the need in dialogue.
Can't exactly have a loads of increments/decrements.

aztlan

Casual Client

How do I load a dialogue when it is not in $INIT$ or a sub-folder of $INIT$?

My Loader is in "Loader.v5.34.ModGuy"

DA is in "Loader.v5.34.ModGuy\Mods\$INIT$"

The dialogue I want to load is in "Loader.v5.34.ModGuy\Mods\Kristy"

The command:

start:"My jaw is so sore."{"set":{"da.dialogue.load":"Loader.v5.34.ModGuy/Mods/Kristy/NewDialogue.txt"}} fails as DA looks in "Mods/$INITI$/Loader.v5.34.ModGuy/Mods/Kristy/"

If I move New Dialogues to $INIT$ and change the command to start:"My jaw is so sore."{"set":{"da.dialogue.load":"NewDialogue.txt"}} it will work. It seemns that DA will only look in $INIT$ and its sub-folders but never other paths.

I read about File References but obviously I am missing something...

Pim_gd

Content Creator

You don't, you put it in a character folder named Kristy
and then you load that character folder.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v2.03 (9 January 2014)

January 9, 2014
Introducing v2.03 of DialogueActions!
- Fixed [GAG] causing a internal crash which led to line freeze and infinite choking
- Altered the way [VA_SET_VARIABLE_<var1>_<value>] works: [VA_SET_VARIABLE_<var1>_+=<value>] for adding numbers, [VA_SET_VARIABLE_<var1>_-=<value>] for subtracting numbers, [VA_SET_VARIABLE_<var1>_<value>] for directly setting the value (which will cast string to number if it is a number)
Link in OP, and the archive download in the second post has been updated as well.

Maybe one day the bugs will stop.

aztlan

Casual Client

Nice. Thanks.

As I mentioned on the request forum, it would be cool if a future edition of DA allowed for the loading and changing of His head. Then if people made His heads with different emotions we could have his emotions change in reaction to developments in the dialogue or game. An idea for a future development - as if you don't gave enough on your plate!

WeeWillie

Content Creator

I'm confused about something. I'm attempting to test for a female player by their name.

Fem1 is set to "Mistress", Fem2 is set to "Madam"

This correctly detects female for Mistress:

start2:"[startFemale*playername == Fem1*]"

while this does not

start2:"[startFemale*( playername == Fem1 ) || ( playername == Fem2 )*]"

Why?

WeeWillie

Content Creator

And another DA 2.03 confusion. I tried groking the documentation, but still not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

My goal is to save away clothing type, and then restore it. To save the clothing, I did the following:

initial_settings:{"HerBottoms":"None", "HerPanties":"None"}
saveClothing:"Let's remove her panties.[VA_SET_VARIABLE_HerBottoms_da.clothes.panties.type]
[VA_SET_VARIABLE_HerPanties_da.clothes.panties.type]" {"style":"him"}

Then to restore the clothing, I tried this:

restoreClothing:"Let's put her panties back on." {"style":"him","set":{"da.clothes.bottoms.type":"*HerBottoms*","da.clothes.panties.type":"*HerPanties*"

Obviously I'm not getting it. What am I doing wrong?

Slingerbult

Content Creator

Another request: please can you make a way to toggle his right arm? It gets disembodied in many animtool positions, and it would be neat to bundle such position changes with a hide arm trigger. I know I'm not the only one who finds this to be an issue, so i think it would be a widely appreciated feature.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

WeeWillie said:
I'm confused about something. I'm attempting to test for a female player by their name.

Fem1 is set to "Mistress", Fem2 is set to "Madam"

This correctly detects female for Mistress:

start2:"[startFemale*playername == Fem1*]"

while this does not

start2:"[startFemale*( playername == Fem1 ) || ( playername == Fem2 )*]"

Why?

Because bug.
*playername == Fem1* is "*playername*" == "*Fem1*".
*( playername == Fem1 )* is "*playername*" == "*Fem1* ".
And thus you get 0.
... well, actually it's a tad different from that and only in specific cases but I've fixed it locally and I'll be uploading the fix soon.

WeeWillie said:
And another DA 2.03 confusion. I tried groking the documentation, but still not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

My goal is to save away clothing type, and then restore it. To save the clothing, I did the following:

initial_settings:{"HerBottoms":"None", "HerPanties":"None"}
saveClothing:"Let's remove her panties.[VA_SET_VARIABLE_HerBottoms_da.clothes.panties.type]
[VA_SET_VARIABLE_HerPanties_da.clothes.panties.type]" {"style":"him"}

Then to restore the clothing, I tried this:

restoreClothing:"Let's put her panties back on." {"style":"him","set":{"da.clothes.bottoms.type":"*HerBottoms*","da.clothes.panties.type":"*HerPanties*"

Obviously I'm not getting it. What am I doing wrong?

Dialogue guide said:
7) Play the random line that was picked by...
8​) First applying the set and next line attributes.
9) Then converting percent encoded characters to real characters. This is why you might have to replace % for %25, if it's followed by two hexadecimal characters [REGEX: (%[A-F0-9]{2}) ]
10) Next up, inserting any variables and variable substitutions. When dealing with variable substitutions, they are replaced in this order: FINISHES, YOUR, YOU, ME, MY.

You can't insert variables in set line attribute. That's why we needed VA in the first place. To set variables to the value of other variables.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

Pim_gd said:
You can't insert variables in set line attribute. That's why we needed VA in the first place. To set variables to the value of other variables.
So is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do, namely save the value of a clothing item, then later restore it?

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v2.04 (10 January 2014)

January 10, 2014
Introducing v2.04 of DialogueActions!
- Fixed a bug with string comparison and parentheses.
- Added [HIDE_HIS_ARM], which hides (and only hides) his arm. Recommend [RELEASE] to be paired with this.
- Added [SHOW_HIS_ARM].
Link in OP, and the archive download in the second post has been updated as well.

Moar bugs!

aztlan

Casual Client

The arm features will be very nice. Thanks.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

I'm using the following trigger to save off the girl's pants:

[VA_SET_VARIABLE_HerBottoms_*da.clothes.bottoms.type*]

However, some of the clothing has a space in it, such as "Jeans Shorts". When this happens, the text below is displayed to the player:

"[VA_SET_VARIABLE_HerBottoms_Jeans Shorts]"

Is there a way around this?

ModGuy

Content Creator

You could encode as a URL with %20 or whatever but a new system might work better.
Either var|op|val or nested quotes to be passed to expression evaluator:

some val = [some, val]
'some val' = [some val]

Pim_gd

Content Creator

You have run out of question credits for this week!
Please read the documentation - it will help you to preserve your question credits.
[VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME_<variableTargetName>_<variableSourceName>]

I'm not kidding.
Go through the available variables and triggers to see if those will help you.
Try to do as much as you can before asking questions like that.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

You are a modding god, pim, thanks! I recall the days of waiting months for a hide penis trigger and feel spoiled. Rest assured, my dialoge cogs are turning.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

Pim_gd said:
I'm not kidding.
Go through the available variables and triggers to see if those will help you.
Try to do as much as you can before asking questions like that.
God dammit, I do! I'll say it again, documentation is 100% clear to the person who writes it, but not 100% clear to the people who read it.

As far as I can tell, this is only documented under "triggers.txt" in a single line.
[VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME_<variableTargetName>_<variableSourceName>] - Sets the named target variable's value to the value of the named source variable. Example: [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_var2].
I am not embarrassed that I didn't find that, grok it, and realize that was the issue to my problem when plain old VA_SET_VARIABLE was working for me.

I thought we were kind of a team here. I am grateful for the work you do, but I was hoping you'd be grateful for the quick testing and application of your mods that I do for you. I have found bugs. Dialogue Actions is nothing without dialogues. I see now that you consider me a nuisance.

In development, there are three things to be personally successful.
1. Do great work.
2. Get work done quickly.
3. Be easy to work with.
To be a success, one only needs to excel at two of those. You get an A+ on 1 and 2; Your work is fantastic and you get it done very quickly.

I'll shut up for awhile.

ModGuy

Content Creator

WeeWillie said:
documentation is 100% clear to the person who writes it, but not 100% clear to the people who read it.

True, true.

WeeWillie said:
As far as I can tell, this is only documented under "triggers.txt" in a single line.
[VA_SET_VARIABLEBYNAME_<variableTargetName>_<variableSourceName>] - Sets the named target variable's value to the value of the named source variable. Example: [VA_SET_VARIABLE_var1_var2].
I am not embarrassed that I didn't find that

Well, you've basically just said that his documentation isn't sufficient.
Instead of pointing that out consider helping him write it.
It's nice to have fresh eyes on something you've looked at repeatedly, you end up totally committing it to memory whereas new users are totally lost.

WeeWillie said:
I thought we were kind of a team here.

MG said:
Slingerbult said:
community effort

These two words describe things that don't exist here.

Heh.
Seriously though, if he didn't care he'd outright flame you. He's probably just annoyed.
I get really frustrated when I spend time helping users out only to find out they failed at Step 1: RTFM.
Refine the docs Pim, read the docs WW.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

The thing is...

(list of excuses why I am being an asshole)
- I don't actually want to continue work on DA right now. I want to play games, and tbh, the games that I have are boring. I'm bored at work, I'm bored at home. That sucks majorly bad to the point where if I'm dealing with some problem I'm just grumpy. This usually lasts between 30 minutes and 2 hours, but now it has been going on like this for a couple DAYS.
- I don't want to have to solve other people's problems. I like thinking along with people (because puzzles alleviate boredom) but when I already know the solution and the solution is really easy, it's just an extra thing to do. I don't gain anything from that, I am still as bored as ever.
- The reason why I fix DA is not because I care about DA. I care about my own reputation as a programmer in that whatever I make should not be broken. Call me idealistic, but I believe software should be bug-free.
- I'm picking on you because you come to me with issues that are not caused by DA (at least some of them). It's about your own dialogue, but you approach me via DA. Yes, you're speaking to the right person, but through the wrong channel. Maybe there are others that can help too. I want it to be bug free, you attach a false bug to it, the only way to polish my software clean again is to prove that it's not caused by DA (by solving your problem). Then there's the part where I have to (or so I assume, going from the issue with checking player names we had lately) explain the solution in full and complete detail, rather than showing you the direction. I'm not here to give you teh codez. I provide basic functionality, ... a set of tools that you can use. You can build your dialogue with those. I'm not going to do it for you.

About "being a team" ... I'm sorry if I gave you that impression.

There probably should be more words here. I'm sorry for leaving those out.
In short:
I'm frustrated and/or bored by personal issues. Some of the things you do contribute to that, and when I have had it for the day I respond badly.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

Pim_gd said:
About "being a team" ... I'm sorry if I gave you that impression.

Don't worry. You didn't. I projected myself and how I work onto you. Part of my day job is providing systems for others to use. I want my work to be used by my team, and when people ask questions or are confused, I actually enjoy helping them out. I take pride seeing my efforts enable others to do awesome stuff.

You and I are obviously very different people, and I apologize for annoying you. I will never mistake our relationship as a collaborative one again. Expect to hear from me much less in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.