Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (1 Viewer)

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.06, VAv1.05 (29 September 2013)

Bazinga said:
Basically, I want to be able to propose a choice between multiple replies: press 1 to answer first answer, press 2 for choice 2... So yeah, keys to trigger certain lines - you could make it into a true dialogue by having the "answer1" line (binded to key 1) calling other lines depending on the state of variables, to the writer's discretion.

I remember the SDT 2031 dialogue which proposed to set the options for the dialogue at the beginning, but had to to it through asking each time "to choose 1, pull down. To choose 2, pull up. To choose 3, do nothing (and wait)" which made the selection long and a bit clunky.

I think dialogue writers from the "mini-game" school of thought would gain immensely from the ability to do that. Like, it would be another world of dialogue writing.

Like an overlay like this, with [1], [2], [3] in front? (Picture from some MGQ mod - don't ask - I thought of this and this was the only picture I could quickly find of the choice menu for that hgame)
q2IdA2b.png

I think I'd make it clickable - that'd be easier...

I like this idea though. Work it out more and I'll add it.
- How would a dialogue writer define a choice in the script?
- Does the game pause when the options pop up?

Ideally, we'd come up with something that doesn't break SDT if the mod isn't loaded.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

Oooh, I like this idea. Here's my suggestion: Forget about clickable pop-ups etc - that's much too complicated for my tastes. Rather, make a new line type tied to a key, and a dia trigger that enables/disables the key-based line calling (temporarily overwriting whatever key configurations may be in place). Like so:

general:"[KEYS_ON]Would you like me to suck or jerk your dick? Press 1 for suck, 2 for jerk." {"set":"PROG":5}
option1:"[*PROG*opt1]"
option2:"[*PROG*opt2]"
5opt1:"[AUTO_SELF][KEYS_OFF]"
5opt2:"[ARMS_HAND_JOB][AUTO_SELF][KEYS_OFF]"

So that optionX (X being 0-9) is tied to trigger off of keys 0-9 when KEYS_ON is used. How about that?

Oh, and about my questions before, to put things more clearly I was wondering:
1) What does STOP and PAUSE do in DiaActs?
2) How do you use a recording with the loader and more specifically with DiaActs? Can you toggle it via triggers like a custom auto mode and is it tied to a certain character or how does it work?
3) I make a request for A) a clear trigger that clears cum, mascara, tears or all as per the options menu and B) a convenient way to hide him/her entirely so you can show blank backgrounds with people entering and leaving the scene.

Bazinga

Potential Patron

Rather, make a new line type tied to a key, and a dia trigger that enables/disables the key-based line calling (temporarily overwriting whatever key configurations may be in place). Like so:

general:"[KEYS_ON]Would you like me to suck or jerk your dick? Press 1 for suck, 2 for jerk." {"set":"PROG":5}
option1:"[*PROG*opt1]"
option2:"[*PROG*opt2]"
5opt1:"[AUTO_SELF][KEYS_OFF]"
5opt2:"[ARMS_HAND_JOB][AUTO_SELF][KEYS_OFF]"

So that optionX (X being 0-9) is tied to trigger off of keys 0-9 when KEYS_ON is used. How about that?

Yeah, I was thinking exactly along that lines. Or maybe have 0-9 permanently linked to triggering lines "userlineX" - whatever is said when userlineX is called depends on the writer. (That would allow the player to call a set of lines whenever he wants during the dialogue)

Bluey5

Potential Patron

Hey pim, can you tell me how the whole orgasm thing works in DialogueActions??

Is it like when she masturbates and when she climaxes, does it play that line?

Also, I downloaded that mod separately, so if I turn it on manually with the key "N", would everything still function correctly?

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Drat, questions.
1) What does STOP and PAUSE do in DiaActs?
2) How do you use a recording with the loader and more specifically with DiaActs? Can you toggle it via triggers like a custom auto mode and is it tied to a certain character or how does it work?

1a) [PAUSE] Pauses the current playback.
[CONTINUE] Continues the current playback.
"Playback" is recording. There is no such thing as [STOP] for DialogueActions.
2a) I believe all you do is load a recording the normal way (including recording.txt in a mod folder) and press the key you have assigned in settings. I think [CONTINUE] might "start" the recording as well. In any case, try some things yourself.

Votes added.

3) Also, I downloaded that mod separately, so if I turn it on manually with the key "N", would everything still function correctly?

3a)
Searching....
The answer is no.
Here's why:
Code:
case "MASTURBATE_ON":
	if(!masturbating) {
		if(currentLeftArmPos == 3 || her.currentLeftArmPosition == 3) {
			her.setLeftArmPosition(1);
		}
		masturbating = true;
		mc.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, masturbate);
	}
	break;
case "MASTURBATE_OFF":
	if(masturbating) {
		mc.removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, masturbate);
		masturbating = false;
		mc.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, fixMas);
	}
break;

If DialogueActions does not initiate masturbation then the masturbate function won't trigger.
In that function there is code for tracking herPleasure and based on that variable, triggering the orgasm line.

ModGuy ought to allow mods to register themselves in some array so we can talk to each other.

Bluey5

Potential Patron

Alright one more thing. So I put the Masturbation on and when she climaxes, it plays whatever Orgasm line is set up? Like: Orgasm:"O MY GAWD I"M CUMMING"?

Also, I vote for: a clear trigger that clears cum, mascara, tears or all as per the options menu.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

It should play, yes. Also - you have to use
Code:
orgasm
not "Orgasm" or things will fail.

Votes added.

I'll try to implement some things from the list in the weekend.
Programming at work makes you want to do something else in your spare time.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

Thanks for the reply and effort to keep expanding DiaActs. Of course I "try things myself" - I write dialogues after all, but I just figured you'd have more precise info on how the triggers work (since you maintain the mod). Because it would help knowing before hand if I'm not getting a recording to start with [CONTINUE], if that's because the trigger simply doesn't work that way, because I messed up on recording.txt folder placement, because the dia is bad or any of the other hundred things that could go wrong and are non-obvious to a non-coder such as myself. :) Next step on my learning curve is figuring out this recording business anyway.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

To be honest, I don't really know a lot about how DialogueActions works - most of it I just look at and think "eh, so it does that" and then I'll just assume it works.

I'll be editing this post as my weekend goes on with info on how I'm doing with certain things.

I've found out how the clear buttons work and it looks like that's super easy to implement.
Implemented [CLEAN_CUM], [CLEAN_MASCARA], [CLEAN_LIPSTICK], [CLEAN_SPIT], [CLEAN_ALL].
Will look at the other things on the easy list later before releasing a new version.

Moar edits...
I didn't get a lot done because I got distracted - but I did something in the end. I threw a [HIDE_HIM], [SHOW_HIM], [HIDE_HER] and [SHOW_HER] together, but I can't seem to hide her right arm. It's on some special layer or something... It looks creepy.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

Good news on the clean trigges pim! I'm still struggling with getting recordings to work - kind of a big issue if you want to use animtools. I was hoping you or some other meticulous person could take a look at my help request here: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=4564.0

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.07, VAv1.05 (29 October 2013)

October 29, 2013
Introducing v1.07 of DialogueActions!
- Added [CLEAN_CUM] as trigger.
- Added [CLEAN_SPIT] as trigger.
- Added [CLEAN_LIPSTICK] as trigger.
- Added [CLEAN_MASCARA] as trigger.
- Added [CLEAN_ALL] as trigger.
- Added [HIDE_HIM] as trigger.
- Added [SHOW_HIM] as trigger.
- Added [LOAD_CHARCODE] as trigger. Only supports vanilla hairstyles and backgrounds.
- Added loadCharCode as variable. Write-only. Only supports vanilla hairstyles and backgrounds.
- Added [FLASH_<hex>_<timeInMilliseconds>] as trigger.
- Added [FLASH_<hex>] as trigger.
- Added [END_FLASH] as trigger.
- Added [RANDOMIZE_HER] as trigger.
- Fixed a bug where calling [FADE_BACKGROUND_<hex>] multiple times with different colors would blend the colors.
Link in OP, and the archive download in the second post has been updated as well.

I was planning on posting on why and how all this works, but then the forums decided to mess with my OP - there's a zero-width space in the [<HERE!>HIDE_HIM] trigger in the patchnote log of v1.07. If I remove that zerowidth space character, my post is swallowed. Oh well.
You can test this for yourself... quote the OP, go to the [HIDE_HIM] trigger, and remove the hidden space in there. (It's between [ and H). Then hit preview... post gone!
Anyway, slingerbult has some stuff planned, and I've just cooked up some of the things he needs for his mod - things that I could get to work very quickly. It's mostly about facilitating character rotation - think stuff like two girls each having a turn (You could swap out backgrounds too to have the girls REALLY switch).

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.07, VAv1.05 (29 September 2013)

Fantabultastic Pim! Could you include an example line using loadCharCode? Let's say I want to switch to SD_Chan's hair, make her blush and turn his slacks white - right after he says "Abracadabra!". How would that look in dia code?

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.07, VAv1.05 (29 September 2013)

Making her blush is permanent of course, but
intro:"Abracadabra![LOAD_CHARCODE] Wow, that's pretty neat." {"style":"Him","set":{"loadCharCode":"hair:sdchan,1,1;blush:255,48,109,1;hisBottoms:slacks,255,255,255,1;"}}

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.08, VAv1.05 (29 October 2013)

October 29, 2013
Introducing v1.08 of DialogueActions!
- Added [PULL_OFF] as trigger.
Link in OP, and the archive download in the second post has been updated as well.

Moar features for slingerbult after he started raging about how his girl can't keep her mouth off his cock whilst she's trying to talk...
(Personally, I don't see the problem :D)

karlpaws

Potential Patron

Not sure if I am doing something wrong (probably) or trying to do too much (equally probably) but this line does not seem to work.

intro3:"[LOAD_CHARCODE]Can I be your whore?"{"set":{"loadCharCode":"hair:misato,1,1;panties:thong,0,0,0,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;tops:cropped,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:highheel,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;"}}

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Does it work if...
- You shorten the character code?
- You remove the [LOAD_CHARCODE] trigger?
- You relocate (to halfway of the line) the [LOAD_CHARCODE] trigger?

karlpaws

Potential Patron

I wasn't sure if the character code could be that long or not.

After moving the [LOAD_CHARCODE] trigger though, the dialog played but did not make the changes so I realized it had to be in the settings I was using.

I went back through and double checked each clothing option with your Variables documentation and found I had some 4 number entries where I should have had 3 (panties and footwear I think), and after I changed those it worked.

I had started with a character code export right from SDT, but it seems to put in 4 numbers for everything, even stuff that does not need it. Since we can import that into SDT with the built in menu I thought it would work for your as well. I guess it does not.

So, this is the test line I was using, that works.
Code:
intro3:"Can I be your whore?[LOAD_CHARCODE]"{"set":{"loadCharCode":"hair:misato,1,1,1;panties:thong,0,0,0;top:none,255,255,255;tops:cropped,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:highheel,0,0,0,0,0,0;"}}

karlpaws

Potential Patron

So now that I have the costume changing stuff figured out.. I'd like to clarify something with the background changer.

Can you specify where the background is, or can you only put it where the DialogActions mod runs from?

I was trying to have the DA mod in the INIT folder and use a characterfolder and call the BG from there, but it could not find it. Moving the BG to the Loader folder worked. Moving it to the INIT folder did not.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Yeah I still gotta make it so that it will load from last character folder. Will look at that.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.09, VAv1.05 (15 November 2013)

November 15, 2013
Introducing v1.09 of DialogueActions!
- Added instant line redirects! Basically, when all a line consists of is a trigger, the line will be played instantaneously. This makes callback functions invisible to the end user.
- Changed the way DialogueActions loads external files. New path is "Mods/"+lastLoadedCharacterFolder+"/"+suppliedPath. This means you can place DialogueActions in the $INIT$ folder, and keep your backgrounds/hairs in the character folder.
- Fixed a bug where loading a hair that was a normal hairfile would result in an error message about "Don't load SWF hairs! EXPLOSIONS IMMINENT".

Yay, support for callback functions!
Yay, support for being a standard mod in your $INIT$ folder!
Yay! (I didn't really have a third item)
Making instant lines work was a PITA - I eventually found out SDT wouldn't play the lines because she was still busy shutting up :D

Oh yeah, a word of note:
The new instant line redirect function works by checking if the line...
- Has 1 word (word separators are [^A-Za-z0-9] http://regex-explain.googlecode.com/hg/explain.html#%5B%5EA-Za-z0-9%5D )
- And that word is a trigger
- And there lines that have the same linename as that word's action (trigger contents)

So beware: do not write lines with a name like "NORMAL_MOOD"!
Because if you'd then have a line like switchToNormalMood:"[NORMAL_MOOD]", it wouldn't work anymore. It was this, or implementing a list of triggers that are not linereferences (which would be bad news if sby added a trigger because I'd have to update my whitelist and sure, that's not a problem with output intended for humans [checker] but when it's related to output for computers then you have a problem)

Here's a test dialogue for testing instant line redirects (try it without DialogueActions and with DialogueActions)
dialogue_name:"DialogActionTest"
DEFAULT:
all:"CLEAR"

initial_settings:{"testvar":"3","line1":"false","line2":"false","line3":"false","line4":"false","line5":"false","line6":"false","line7":"false","line8":"false","line9":"false","line10":"false","line11":"false","line12":"false","line13":"false","line14":"false","line15":"false","line16":"false","line17":"false","line18":"false","line19":"false","line20":"false"}

CUSTOM:

start:"[intro]"
intro:"Testing! In 3, 2, 1...[instantLineTest]"
instantLineTest:"[line1]"
line1:"[line2]"{"set":{"line1":"true"}}
line2:"[line*testvar*]"{"set":{"line2":"true"}}
line3:"[line4]"{"set":{"line3":"true"}}
line4:"[line5]"{"set":{"line4":"true"}}
line5:"[line6]"{"set":{"line5":"true"}}
line6:"[line7]"{"set":{"line6":"true"}}
line7:"[line8]"{"set":{"line7":"true"}}
line8:"[line9]"{"set":{"line8":"true"}}
line9:"[line10]"{"set":{"line9":"true"}}
line10:"Hi! [line11]"{"set":{"line10":"true"}}
line11:"[line12]"{"set":{"line11":"true"}}
line12:"[line13]"{"set":{"line12":"true"}}
line13:"f[line14]"{"set":{"line13":"true"}}
line14:"[line15]"{"set":{"line14":"true"}}
line15:"xxx[line16]"{"set":{"line15":"true"}}
line16:"[line17]"{"set":{"line16":"true"}}
line17:"[line18]"{"set":{"line17":"true"}}
line18:"[line19]"{"set":{"line18":"true"}}
line19:"[line20]"{"set":{"line19":"true"}}
line20:"[line21]"{"set":{"line20":"true"}}
line21:"*line1**line2**line3**line4**line5**line6**line7**line8**line9**line10**line11**line12**line13**line14**line15**line16**line17**line18**line19**line20* those were the results!"

Actually, I just realized, this paves the way for using DialogueActions to LOAD A DIFFERENT CHARACTER FOLDER. Whoaaa that's DEEP man. Maybe in the weekend (chances are I'll look at it tomorrow due to excitement... if I don't get caught up in something else).

Is anyone actually using VariableArithmetic? I haven't seen a single dialogue using it yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.