Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.08 (15 Jan 2017) (1 Viewer)

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.03, VAv1.05 (24 September 2013)

What happens if you remove the [RIGHT_ARM_HAND_JOB] trigger?

EDIT: I have found a possible reason why it might not work, as well as made a fix.
However, I won't be able to compile this at work, so you'll have to wait a couple hours.

EDITEDIT:
Bug verified. Cause is DialogueActions, as...
- Only DialogueActions: Broken
- Only AnimTools: Not broken
- Both: Broken

September 25, 2013
Introducing v1.04 of DialogueActions!
- Fixed [LEFT_ARM_HAND_JOB] being broken.
- Added "passed_out" as linetype - is triggered once when she passes out (and makes the urkgh noise). To reset the trigger for this line (so that it will play again), she has to breathe a couple times.
Link in OP, and the archive download in the second post has been updated as well.

Give me 3 mins to update the links

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.04, VAv1.05 (25 September 2013)

Perhaps you should also include a simple text file about proper installation of this mod as well. (for future releases) So users don't have the same trouble I had with v0.99/1.00 with "almost" installation.

Edit: Downloads are fine.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Installation is simple:
Place DialogueActionsv<VERSION>.swf in your $INIT$ or character folder.
Add the file's name to Mods.txt in that folder.

I added it to a file so it will automatically be included in versions after v1.04.

Leela

Potential Patron

Using "passed_out" line causes "false:game|mod:false" to display in diagnostic area constantly. See screen shot.

Attachments

• ErrorLine.jpg
    ErrorLine.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 186

T0mcat

Avid Affiliate

Leela said:
Using "passed_out" line causes "false:game|mod:false" to display in diagnostic area constantly. See screen shot.

Same here.. except, when she passes out, the display changes to true:game | mod:true

Tested the line with {"style":"Him"} and there wasn't any text displayed, just that diagnostic message.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

fuck, I knew I had forgotten something
expect a fix in ~6 hours (when I get time to edit it)

This is why you test prior to release...
I'll also try to add something useful again like pleasurePercentage or something.

passed_out lines should work though, aside from that message.

Leela

Potential Patron

It seems if she is being held down the line wont trigger. Either by space bar or by mouse click seems to prevent the line from displaying.

If I don't hold her the line usually fires. Usually. Sometimes it misses so there may be another issue.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Well, there's the whole false:game|mod:false thing going on...
When the line refuses to trigger and she passes out,
what happens to that message?

Pim_gd

Content Creator

September 27, 2013
Introducing v1.05 of DialogueActions!
- Removed accidental leftover debug message
Link in OP, and the archive download in the second post has been updated as well.

I have been able to replicate the bug, but I can't find out how to fix it. Or, at least, my brain is too fried by work to be able to fix the bug.

Leela

Potential Patron
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.05, VAv1.05 (27 September 2013)

Can I suggest a possible work around. Have the line triggers every few seconds as long as she's out. If a dialog writer doesn't want the line to actually trigger again they can use a variable to track that it's already played and reset the variable when she "wake".

I remember Sby having this problem with the dialog triggers in Breast Expansion. Maybe he knows how to force the line to actually display.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.05, VAv1.05 (27 September 2013)

Will implement tomorrow, as well as looking at some other features.
Will update DialogueChecker probably sunday (I'll be ditching v1).

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: Pim_gd's Mods(2) - DialogueActions v1.06, VAv1.05 (29 September 2013)

September 29, 2013
Introducing v1.06 of DialogueActions!
- Altered "passed_out" linetype to trigger constantly whenever she's passed out.

Busy saturday.
Maybe more tomorrow, if I still feel like it after the checker.
I'd like to add some links to dialogues that use VariableArithmetic and DialogueActions, so I can provide some tangible examples of what both mods can do.
I'll try to keep the updates a bit more content filled next week - a single tiny fix or so shouldn't be an entire release.

Leela

Potential Patron

It works much better this way. I set a variable once the first passed out line reads. Then check that variable for subsequent hits to read (or not read) lines there after.

Still some things seem to just seem to stonewall this line from reading. If he is holding her it won't trigger till he pulls her off. Also if seems to miss if a restart has been queued. (he has cum but the restart isn't triggered yet). Grrrrr.

Maybe if there was a variable set? PassedOut=True when she's out. That way you could test for it in other likely places, like held and force it to read a passed_out line instead.

The "wake" lines are just as grouchy and those are built in. For that I put traps all over the place to check for the variable I set when passed_out does read so I can redirect it to read a "wake".

EDIT: How about this, Sby's BreastExpansion has a great selection of dialog variables. Perhaps the relevant ones could be added to DialogActions. It seems silly to use BE when it's not really part of the story.
penisInMouthDist, breathLevel, passOutFactor, mouthFull and their -2 duplicates would make an awesome addition to DialogActions.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

I'll add it as a variable as well.
I don't think it's handy to include the variables from sby's mod. It's already programmed, already available...
so why do it again?

sby

Content Creator
Coder

Pim_gd said:
I'll add it as a variable as well.
I don't think it's handy to include the variables from sby's mod. It's already programmed, already available...
so why do it again?
the feature probably shouldn't be in breast expansion, i threw them in there because i already had the setup and was adding other things

implementing it again wouldn't be a bad thing, things would just get updated twice if that feature is enabled in breast expansion (and since probably nobody changes the settings, most likely yes). much more fitting to put it in that mod

how i did it:
var dialogdict = g.dialogueControl.advancedController._dialogueDataStore;

then updated every frame:
dialogdict["penisInMouthDist"] = her.penisInMouthDist;
dialogdict["breathLevel"] = g.breathLevel;
dialogdict["passOutFactor"] = her.passOutFactor;
dialogdict["mouthFull"] = her.mouthFull;

i am pretty sure somebody else gave me the setup for this

Slingerbult

Content Creator

I've finally gotten animtools to work on my setup and now I was wondering: Seeing as auto mode is buggy in non-standard positions, is there a dialogue trigger for using the default recording packaged with animtools? Perhaps it's already implemented as part of the loader or animtools, but if not it would be great to include it with DiaActs (I suggest AUTO_filename as the trigger, where the filename is the name of the recording txt-file, which I suppose goes into the same settings folder as the animtools positions?). If this is difficult to implement, lemme know and I'll simply make that part of the dia manual.

Btw, I noticed the documentation mentioned a shrink_penis trigger. How much does it shrink and is there a grow alternative too? I'd love to incorporate minute changes to his... rigor depending on inactivity, vigorous activity and such.

EDIT: Never mind the penis size questions - I found more documentation in the mod download. However, I also found STOP and PAUSE commands - anything to do with recording? Is there also a "resume" command to start a playback? Not sure how this works really. I was also wondering if hiding him/her will be implemented in a future DiaActs release? Right now I can sort of hide him from the start by using gollum's NoGenitals and sby's hide-him-partial position. It would be nice to hide the female model too though.

Another thing that would be REALLY sweet would be a dialogue trigger to "Clear" stuff as per the options menu (cum, mascara etc.). Either that or reset a character so you can fade in/out and switch scenes with a new character, not covered in the previous character's cum etc. Hope you understand what I'm getting at here. Btw, what does the current CLEAR command actually do? You say "Clears the current dialogue" meaning no more dialogue will play after this trigger, or what?

Bluey5

Potential Patron

Isn't there something where you can make dialogue for a specified position? That would be cool.

Bazinga

Potential Patron

Since it seems the place for the strange things to do with dialogues... How hard would it be to create some shortcuts that call for a given line of dialogue? (eg, shortcut "1" calls for line "answer1")

The bottom line being to be able to make interactive dialogues: player can trigger the next answer through a shortcut.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

Bluey: yes, animtools incorporates checks like this, but as long as you're writing a semi-automated dialogue with some sort of progression variable, it's not really necessary to have checks for this. The dialogue will know exactly where you are in the plot and hence what the current position is, so you can simply put in appropriate text. The only use for it is in a non-linear dia where the player manually changes pos with keyboard.

Bazinga: not really sure what you mean here. Making the player trigger a line requires some means to interact with the game. For example, you could make a few lines of random dirtytalk that she says when pulled down. Or even more complex, like if she's held but only if she licked his balls etc. Are you saying you want a key to trigger a certain line?

Bazinga

Potential Patron

Basically, I want to be able to propose a choice between multiple replies: press 1 to answer first answer, press 2 for choice 2... So yeah, keys to trigger certain lines - you could make it into a true dialogue by having the "answer1" line (binded to key 1) calling other lines depending on the state of variables, to the writer's discretion.

I remember the SDT 2031 dialogue which proposed to set the options for the dialogue at the beginning, but had to to it through asking each time "to choose 1, pull down. To choose 2, pull up. To choose 3, do nothing (and wait)" which made the selection long and a bit clunky.

I think dialogue writers from the "mini-game" school of thought would gain immensely from the ability to do that. Like, it would be another world of dialogue writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.