Need little help... Adding stuff. (1 Viewer)

John Applewhite

Potential Patron
I download the Vibes.swf and Corset.swf yesterday and copy+paste to MoreclothingV5 folder but how do i put the Vibes and Corset in Moreclothingsetting notes?

Example:
CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop. Something like that.

stuntcock

Content Creator
how do i put the Vibes and Corset in Moreclothingsetting notes?
Copy-paste the exact file name onto a new line in the TXT file. Add an equals sign (=). Add a custom label.

Code:
Shirt.swf=Ripped T-Shirt
Pants.swf=Designer Jeans
Vibes.swf=Baron von Jigglypuffs Cupcake Adventure
Corset.swf=A heartbreaking work of staggering genius

Ignore the > modifier and the + registration switches. You don't need them for standard use-cases.

I download the Vibes.swf and Corset.swf yesterday
Please identify sources when you're asking for technical support. I assume that the Vibes.swf and Corset.swf came from RajasGrimes' thread. If that's the case, then these files will not work with MoreClothing regardless of any fancy syntax that you include in the configuration file. They're Loader mods. MoreClothing works with the vanilla template system; it cannot deal with the arbitrary anatomy changes and sprite insertions made by Loader mods.

When you're browsing resources, pay attention to the tags. Anything tagged with <vanilla> should work nicely with MoreClothing via the simple copy-paste approach described above. Mods tagged with <sdt loader> generally will not work with MoreClothing, unless they're also tagged with <moreclothing compatible>. If you're browsing through the forum rather than the Resources, then you can assume that anything you find in the Loader Imports section will be incompatible.

If you want to incorporate the Vibes and Corset mods conveniently into gameplay (without needing to rely on the File Browse dialog) then you have two options:
  • put each of these mods into a Character Folder so that it can be activated via the in-game menu
  • convince a modder to repackage the whole thing as a vanilla SWF file

NoctSoul

Avid Affiliate
these files will not work with MoreClothing regardless of any fancy syntax that you include in the configuration file. They're Loader mods. MoreClothing works with the vanilla template system; it cannot deal with the arbitrary anatomy changes and sprite insertions made by Loader mods.
Ah-ha! Now I get it, finally! That's why some cloth mods I tried to put in my customized MoreClothing won't fit in there. So, not every swf clothing file can be "loaded" through MoreClothing? They need to be "vanilla-user friendly" so they can be registered and listed through the regular clothes or am I wrong? If so, as a work not so urgent (it can be done now and then), can it be possible to add a string in the description of every swf clothing file in the download section the addable code (if compatible) for the moreclothing settings txt file?

stuntcock

Content Creator
If so, as a work not so urgent (it can be done now and then), can it be possible to add a string in the description of every swf clothing file in the download section the addable code (if compatible) for the moreclothing settings txt file?
I'm not going to do that.

If the file is named Pants.swf then you put "Pants.swf=Pants" into your config file. It would be silly to include such a snippet with every vanilla import. If a user is inexperienced enough to need that little block of text, then they probably won't know what to do with it anyways. And then we're in the absurd position of copy-pasting a MoreClothing tutorial into the description of every single vanilla mod.

I've provided instructions in a few special cases (such as the Leash mod) because they actually require some of the fancy configuration syntax. Huitznahua's bikini mods include similar moreclothing configuration samples, for the same reason.

John Applewhite

Potential Patron
Please identify sources when you're asking for technical support. I assume that the Vibes.swf and Corset.swf came from RajasGrimes' thread. If that's the case, then these files will not work with MoreClothing regardless of any fancy syntax that you include in the configuration file. They're Loader mods. MoreClothing works with the vanilla template system; it cannot deal with the arbitrary anatomy changes and sprite insertions made by Loader mods.

When you're browsing resources, pay attention to the tags. Anything tagged with <vanilla> should work nicely with MoreClothing via the simple copy-paste approach described above. Mods tagged with <sdt loader> generally will not work with MoreClothing, unless they're also tagged with <moreclothing compatible>. If you're browsing through the forum rather than the Resources, then you can assume that anything you find in the Loader Imports section will be incompatible.

If you want to incorporate the Vibes and Corset mods conveniently into gameplay (without needing to rely on the File Browse dialog) then you have two options:
  • put each of these mods into a Character Folder so that it can be activated via the in-game menu
  • convince a modder to repackage the whole thing as a vanilla SWF file

I got that from Grimey Loader Imports Index.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
So, not every swf clothing file can be "loaded" through MoreClothing? They need to be "vanilla-user friendly" so they can be registered and listed through the regular clothes or am I wrong?

More or less. As far as I'm aware, there's at least 2 separate "loader" templates out there. One is made by Sby, and is an extension of the original Vanilla template. The other is made by Faceless. Mods made using Faceless' template are NOT compatible with MoreClothing. Mods made with Sby's template are. I believe the main difference is in how the behind-the-scenes code works. Sby's works based off the mod types the game already uses or something like that, and Faceless' is component-oriented (in such a way that it isn't compatible with MoreClothing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.