Mortal Kombat 11 (1 Viewer)

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Our design is just getting more mature and respectful. You’re not going to wear a bikini to a fight. You’re not going to be showing so much skin. I think it’s just what the game is about: .
You’re going in to fight for your life, and you’re not going to be wearing such scantily clad itemsore mature and respect followed by you arent going to be showing skin , If u want the full interview I linked it to you
"You’re not going to wear a bikini TO A FIGHT"
"You’re going in to FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE, and you’re not going to be wearing such scantily clad items" so, he's talking all about the context, he is saying she's not going to wear a bikini because it wouldn't make sense to wear a biniki on a fight for your life in the mortal kombat world

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
"You’re not going to wear a bikini TO A FIGHT"
"You’re going in to FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE, and you’re not going to be wearing such scantily clad items" so he's talking is all about the context

Now you went from " character Background " to " fighting for your life " part , which makes the question turns again to , If fighting for your life is tied to less skin , Why Johny Cage or Liu Kang or Kano or Geras and others below have those clothes

D2_F9L9WsAA4p87.jpg:large

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Now you went from " character Background " to " fighting for your life " part , which makes the question turns again to , If fighting for your life is tied to less skin , Why Johny Cage or Liu Kang or Kano or Geras and others below have those clothes

You have o good point. I mean the "fighting for you life" is part of every characters background. To answer that, we need to break down each character, based on their background, each one have one idea on how to equip for a fighting to the death, To be fair, johny cage didn't knew he was fighting for his life at the first tournament, Liu Kang is a shaoling monk they fight on extreme conditions,I guess kano just doesn't care

giugo

Swell Supporter
Yes, I mean, we all know that shaoling monks usually fight with nothing but pants, but for Kitana, we don't really know about the culture of Edenia, but in the context of a ruler, would you take serious a leader or political ruler with a skimpy outfit? So, I think it makes sense a more covered outfit.
Man, don't wanna be rude, but WTF are you talking about? We have a dozen games (between main games and spin-offs) that shows us Edenians like beautiful creatures, men and women, dressed with these arabic, skimpy outfits. Kitana, Tanya, Rain, all of them had well a well defined style. Till now. They created the style for Edenians, years ago, and used that style for decades. Kitana isn't a new character, you can't say ''we don't really know about the culture of Edenia'' because Kitana first game was MK2. Also, about the skimpy outfits for a ruler, you talked about Kotal Kahn and the Maya culture. That's skimpy. It's good for men, not for women? You're using double standards. Should I recall how Egyptian rulers were dressed? Roman? Greek?

Also, someone in NSR is definitely a high heels feticist. But damn the female belly became a no-no. Should call this game MK 1911.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
You have o good point. I mean the "fighting for you life" is part of every characters background. To answer that, we need to break down each character, based on their background, each one have one idea on how to equip for a fighting to the death, To be fair, johny cage didn't knew he was fighting for his life at the first tournament, Liu Kang is a shaoling monk they fight on extreme conditions,I guess kano just doesn't care

Backgrounds wasnt the Official told reason by developers why they changed the designs , it was the " you arent going to be showing skin " , nowhere in that interview they mentioned " backgrounds " , nowhere they mentioned " If it does/doesnt make sense " , their reason for mentioning the bikini wasnt because it doesnt make sense , it was because it shows skin , as it was followed by " you arent going to be showing skin " and " you’re not going to be wearing scantily clad clothes . "

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Man, don't wanna be rude, but WTF are you talking about? We have a dozen games (between main games and spin-offs) that shows us Edenians like beautiful creatures, men and women, dressed with these arabic, skimpy outfits. Kitana, Tanya, Rain, all of them had well a well defined style. Till now. They created the style for Edenians, years ago, and used that style for decades. Kitana isn't a new character, you can't say ''we don't really know about the culture of Edenia'' because Kitana first game was MK2. Also, about the skimpy outfits for a ruler, you talked about Kotal Kahn and the Maya culture. That's skimpy. It's good for men, not for women? You're using double standards. Should I recall how Egyptian rulers were dressed? Roman? Greek?

Also, someone in NSR is definitely a high heels feticist. But damn the female belly became a no-no. Should call this game MK 1911.
We don't know how edenia culture looks like now, the games core design fully changed in mkx if you haven't notice, we can't compare to the old games, and we never really seen much of edenia a part from mk deception konquest mode. Kitana, Tanya, Rain never had a difined style, the only standard was their color, they went from full ninja, to persian/Indian, to full skimp, along the Games, Argus whore a full covered outfit. Roman, Egyptian and Greek rulers weren't skimp at all, specially Roman, the rulers whore even chest armor. Like I said if kitana was from the same culture of kotal khan, she would be wearing a "skimpy" outfit as well, look a this image:
Screenshot_20190414-010609.png

Last edited:

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Backgrounds wasnt the Official told reason by developers why they changed the designs , it was the " you arent going to be showing skin " , nowhere in that interview they mentioned " backgrounds " , nowhere they mentioned " If it does/doesnt make sense " , their reason for mentioning the bikini wasnt because it doesnt make sense , it was because it shows skin , as it was followed by " you arent going to be showing skin " and " you’re not going to be wearing scantily clad clothes . "
Whatever you say man, the way I interpret what they said, is because of the context/background. Dude you're lacking interpretation, he doesn't need to mention these exactly words to mean it.

Look, when he says
You’re not going to wear a bikini to a fight. You’re not going to be showing so much skin.
This is synonymous with saying:
In the context/background of a fight, you are not going to wear a bikini...

You’re going in to fight for your life, and you’re not going to be wearing such scantily clad items.
Synonymous:
In a context/background that you fight for your life, you wouldn't be wearing such scantily clad items.

Last edited:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Whatever you say man, the way I interpret what they said, is because of the context/background. Dude you're lacking interpretation, he doesn't need to mention these exactly words to mean it.

Look, when he says
You’re not going to wear a bikini to a fight. You’re not going to be showing so much skin.
This is synonymous with saying:
In the context/background of a fight, you are not going to wear a bikini...

but they will wear those who shows so much skin

Which at least in the upper half , is equal if not worse than the bikini top , going by " less skin equal less chances to survive " like they said

Interpretate non-existing words as u want , u are free , but dont make it as a fact the developers didnt say , The only fact is what he said in the interview

giugo

Swell Supporter
Like I said if kitana was from the same culture of kotal khan, she would be wearing a "skimpy" outfit aswell
You're serious? You really think this is true? They brainwashed you or something like that? They fully covered the girls because the poilitics and society doesn't want half naked girls in videogames. Why? I don't know, it makes no sense. But that's the point. This is the only, real reason of this. That dev clearly stated this in the interview, plain and simple, and you still try to find other, nosense reasons.

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
but they will wear those who shows so much skin

Which at least in the upper half , is equal if not worse than the bikini top , going by " less skin equal less chances to survive " like they said

Interpretate non-existing words as u want , u are free , but dont make it as a fact the developers didnt say , The only fact is what he said in the interview
Alright bro, you win

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
You're serious? You really think this is true? They brainwashed you or something like that? They fully covered the girls because the poilitics and society doesn't want half naked girls in videogames. Why? I don't know, it makes no sense. But that's the point. This is the only, real reason of this. That dev clearly stated this in the interview, plain and simple, and you still try to find other, nosense reasons.
Oh, of course, in a game where you can rip someone spine, they sure are worried about covering the girls up for not shocking the politics and the society

Last edited:

giugo

Swell Supporter
Oh, of course, in a game where you can rip someone spine, they sure are worried about covering the girls up for not shocking the politics and the society
Yeah, that's it. You lived on the moon for the past months? If so, yeah, it's stupid, sounds weird, but that's it. They toned down the stupid, fucking game for people that will never buy it. Meanwhile fans that bought all the games, played since 1992 and loved the old style, decennial over the top busty girls with skimpy outfits (you know, the style of EVERY SINGLE FIGHTING GAME) has this joke of game where the girls are super serious and fights full covered (in high heels, so pratical for a fight to the death), while the guys are a bunch of barechested pumped clowns that piss and mock the opponent.

Welcome back to Earth!

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Yeah, that's it. You lived on the moon for the past months? If so, yeah, it's stupid, sounds weird, but that's it. They toned down the stupid, fucking game for people that will never buy it. Meanwhile fans that bought all the games, played since 1992 and loved the old style, decennial over the top busty girls with skimpy outfits (you know, the style of EVERY SINGLE FIGHTING GAME) has this joke of game where the girls are super serious and fights full covered (in high heels, so pratical for a fight to the death), while the guys are a bunch of barechested pumped clowns that piss and mock the opponent.

Welcome back to Earth!
I think we live in different worlds... Also, I'm pretty sure besides the people that are interested in ryona, the fans that played and bought all the games since the first one, care more about the lore and the gameplay, not the characters outfit, as you can se in every MK dedicated community

Last edited:

giugo

Swell Supporter
I think we live in different worlds... Also, I'm pretty sure besides the people that are interested in ryona, the fans that played and bought all the games since the first one, care more about the lore and the gameplay, not the characters outfit, as you can se in every MK dedicated community
Lots of people are upset, but when they try to talk about this the fanboys downvote them to hell (Reddit) or the mods lock the threads (Steam). Go check Youtube anyway, you'll find some interesting clips talking about the censorship of the game. Some of the creators of those videos are women too.

puca

Club Regular
Damn Frost looks cool! I'm glad they gave her an identity besides "Angrier Female Sub-Zero", and I've got a soft spot for cyborg babes.

Any thoughts on her moveset? Think she'll pick up anything from Triborg/Cyber Sub Zero? Maybe she'll get Ice Clone since Sub lost his.

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
Didn't her reveal trailer have her in tights and not with a loincloth? Is this the same outfit or is this different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.