Mortal Kombat 11

Tonug

Ryonani Teamster
It’s gonna be tough to make interesting ryona vids with this game sadly. I just don’t find there’s much to work with, especially with the overly lethal/stabby xrays and the explody fatalities.

fu11m3ta11

Vivacious Visitor
Eh, I'm actually in love with the Xrays in this game over the past ones (ryona wise, in game they are way too long and kills the action). The camera seems better at showing the character and facial expressions than the past ones zooming in on bones. Fatalities too explody, but as someone thats more into guro/ryona, an MK game with meh fatalities is still better than anything else I can ask for.

Rag40

Avid Affiliate
After watching the video with every fatality I'm taking a hard pass. Fatalities are too explodey for my taste and I never appreciated Ed Boon's hard-on for time slowing, which has reached peak annoyance in this game and Injustice 2. I don't care about the story of MK, nor the janky gameplay, and from what I'm reading in here it has Injustice's terrible gear lootbox system too. I'll probably download some of the models when they're ripped to XPS but I can't think of a single reason I should touch the game itself. This is probably the first time this has ever happened for me with this series.
Yeah, this is pretty much me, as well. I couldn't believe my eyes at the MK11 reveal event when they showed off Skarlet's fatality and it did that freeze frame shit. I was utterly shocked that they fucked up the fatalities like this. One of my main interests regarding ryona are KO or death poses and this game completely robs me of that.

Now, my only hope are some nice looking Brutalities and a PC camera mod to go along with them. A camera mod won't save these fatalities because of the garbage slow-mo. Brutalities and just normal KO animations are my only option here.

Oh, one thing that I also noticed is they also removed the eyes being rolled back in the victim's head after a brutality. At least, I haven't noticed them rolled back in any of the pre-release brutalities. Haven't checked out the full game yet, but if they removed that then it is just another mark against this game's ryona potential.

I will say that I do like some of the outfits, though. Some of them do fit my tastes, but because of the extreme grind it will be tough to unlock some of them.

But yeah, never thought I would struggle to find ryona that fit my tastes in an MK game of all things.

Oh, and one last thing, the story mode was mindbogglingly terrible, lol. Just thought I would mention that. Great production values, but the level of writing was insulting.

Lokolol

Vivacious Visitor
Oh, and one last thing, the story mode was mindbogglingly terrible, lol. Just thought I would mention that. Great production values, but the level of writing was insulting.
Personally I think the writing is significantly better than last MKs, characters have a lot more personality throughout the lines, but I got say, the pacing is really awful
like in just one chapter kitana unite all outworld and became emperor
and the ending is pretty lame

Last edited:

Rag40

Avid Affiliate
I agree that the characters' personality and general dialogue is pretty good. It's just what they actually do with those characters that ends up ruining the story. And yeah, that ending was...unfortunate, lol.

But how on earth did they not give us even one single chapter where we get to control a villain? Kronika and her minions are so cookie-cutter, it's embarrassing.

And to think what they could have done with the whole time travel stuff. We could have actually gone back to Edenia in it's prime or maybe seen what Zaterra actually looked like. It's just terribly underwhelming.

fu11m3ta11

Vivacious Visitor
I thought the story was a bit better than X. I liked how it was very good at redeeming past character arcs, giving closure to arcs that were in a rough spot after the end of 9 and MKX, especially with the past selves trying to correct the mistakes of their revenants. While the ending was bad (in terms of shitting on the Mk history) , functionally I think it opens up a lot of doors for new character designs that aren't just Kombat Kids or henchman of X character. I look forward to the next sequel, hopefully with it not being such a shitshow progression wise moving forward.

I also feel like I'm in a bit of the minority with this game with liking the fatalities. Granted, I'm enjoying it a lot more pausing videos mid-fatalities to see body twitching and facial reactions since the end screens blow ass. Watching faceless kitana crawl backwards with no legs on cetrion's, twitching on the ground while a bug spawns from her, erron black shooting her kneecaps and stepping on her, geras ripping them while they're stuck screaming in a wall, Johnny cage fucking around with the corpses, kotal Sparta kicking their heads against a table, idk list goes on for fatalities that top like 99% of the other games that feature ryona to me. This is all top tier shit in line with the past games pre end-screen, the cameras are fine before then imo

Last edited:

Lokolol

Vivacious Visitor
Tips for people playing, if you put your IA 30 combo and 30 reversals, it becomes virtually invencible, then you can just use the IA to grind the towers of time

Rag40

Avid Affiliate
Sure, there are certain parts of certain fatalities that are enjoyable, but as a fan of seeing a lady laid out on the floor, they all end up being a tease in the end.

The story is whatever. They basically fucked the story so bad that they just wiped the slate clean again. So the next game can be whatever the hell they want it to be. I guess that's a good thing....?

Anyway, not sure I should really post anymore since I am just going to be constantly shitting on this game. And it's only like 10 of us on this site that seemingly care enough to post about it. I will let you guys who actually enjoy it discuss it in peace without my constant shitposts, lol.

Take care.

Lokolol

Vivacious Visitor
I thought the story was a bit better than X. I liked how it was very good at redeeming past character arcs, giving closure to arcs that were in a rough spot after the end of 9 and MKX, especially with the past selves trying to correct the mistakes of their revenants. While the ending was bad (in terms of shitting on the Mk history) , functionally I think it opens up a lot of doors for new character designs that aren't just Kombat Kids or henchman of X character. I look forward to the next sequel, hopefully with it not being such a shitshow progression wise moving forward.
Yeah, there were a lot of great things in the story, it was awesome to see the conclusion of all the loose ends from mk X, especially sub-zero and scorpion team up, the interaction between the two felt really true to each character. But, damm, that end sucks, it just make everything that happens meaningless.
But how on earth did they not give us even one single chapter where we get to control a villain? Kronika and her minions are so cookie-cutter, it's embarrassing.
Man, that would've been awesome, we should've been able to chose sides, and even have an evil ending

Overall, for me, this game is nearly perfect ryona-wise, and it will definitely improve a lot as new skins and characters comes out, and of course, the camera mods

Last edited:

giugo

Avid Affiliate
The story is bad, I mean really bad. 80% of the characters are completely useless (you see them for a couple chapters, like Kotal, Shao), Geras should be this unstoppable force, yet everyone kicks his ass, Noob? Here only for fanservice. And someone can explain why the Kollector even exists? Most useless character in the entire story.

Also, the love affair between Jade and Kotal? How? When? Where?

The whole story is a mess, and the ending makes clear the devs have zero ideas about how to continue the franchise. 2 reboot in 4 games? Seriously?

fu11m3ta11

Vivacious Visitor

Skarlet Ponytail, sexy, but i want less clothes
She looks good, though I do wish there was a bit more skin. I personally like the sleeveless version a little bit more.

Also, I really hate that the brutalities are hardlocked behind actually unlocking them before you can use them unlike MKX. Because some of them are absolutely brutal, I just had Centrion smash my head repeatedly on a rock lol. Guess they are a bit of a nice surprise when the CPU pulls it off, because Im really seeing a lot of these for the first time as they happen.

Last edited:

Lokolol

Vivacious Visitor
Have anyone unlocked the unmasked gear for any of the females? I've opened like 300 chests, and nothing of the unmasked gears so far

Last edited:

fu11m3ta11

Vivacious Visitor
Have anyone unlocked the unmasked gear for any of the females? I've opened like 300 chests, and nothing of the unasked gears so far
I unlocked Jade's on her character tower (which is confusing since it says its unlocked via Krypt?). Im on Kitana lvl 3 with nothing so far yet though. I also got Kitana's severed head though the 50 fatalities thing but her chest doesnt contain it.

fu11m3ta11

Vivacious Visitor
it seems like the brutalities are more like old style fatalities?
Some are, like Kitana's kiss of death is one of them. There are 10 per character I think, so there is a lot of simple ones that involve dismembering limbs or decapitating, though they are tied to character's moves so some are more creative. Assuming you are familiar with MKX brutalities, they are pretty much the same stylistically though.

Unrelated, but I love your 3D work! Been following back during the spice/LMN days, sucks to hear about losing all your data, was really looking forward to the end of Black Bat :smile:

Last edited:

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
Some are, like Kitana's kiss of death is one of them. There are 10 per character I think, so there is a lot of simple ones that involve dismembering limbs or decapitating, though they are tied to character's moves so some are more creative. Assuming you are familiar with MKX brutalities, they are pretty much the same stylistically though.

Unrelated, but I love your 3D work! Been following back during the spice/LMN days, sucks to hear about losing all your data, was really looking forward to the end of Black Bat :smile:
thanks! Black Bat will be coming back... sometime. still building my new versions of characters.

Top Bottom