Mortal Kombat 11

fu11m3ta11

Vivacious Visitor
All is random, so no, you can't spend in-game currency for the skins you want. You'll spend for a chance to drop the specific gear you want. No more ''ok, Cassie's alt oufit is in that box, gonna grind 20k coins and I'll buy it.'' You can literally play hundreds of hours without unlocking the specific gear you want. Plus, seems Towers of Time are hella difficult. Borderline impossible, and that gives you more coins. Maybe they'll patch the difficulty, maybe not. Or you can spend real money, don't know if you can buy the specific gear or more coins.

It's clear all they want is your money, that's why they never talked about the Krypt before.

It's Injustice 2 2.0. Welcome to the new Era of Mortal Kombat guys, have fun.
Thats pretty terrible if true. I have my hopes that public outcry will be loud enough if needed if there really is no way to unlock specific skins, kind of like how DOA6 got patched a week after release. Im all for micro transactions if it helps the developer/publisher hit their targets to get funding for their next project, as long as its done in a non-intrusive way like how DMCV and MKX did, though it seems like MK11 is going to be a different story. The skeptic in me is praying that the news are from the overly-anti microtransactions community that overreacts to any form of microtransations in games, even for ones as minor as MKX easy fatalities. Theres been more than one occasion where I see them complain about how impossible it is to unlock the specific things you want in games via RNG (Hearthstone, MTG Arena, Overwatch), despite it not being that difficult in reality. For all we know the drop rates might be very generous (like blood orbs from DMCV), allowing for generally quick unlocking via those character specific towers.

Last edited:

Rag40

Avid Affiliate
Hearing that the unlocks in the Krypt are now randomized is very upsetting.

However, as much as the grind to unlock things may suck, what is really bothering me is just how limited the skins are in this game. Most of the "outfits" look way too similar to each other. So not only does it seem to be a boring grind, but I don't really have much that I would even be looking forward to unlocking.

fu11m3ta11

Vivacious Visitor
Hearing that the unlocks in the Krypt are now randomized is very upsetting.

However, as much as the grind to unlock things may suck, what is really bothering me is just how limited the skins are in this game. Most of the "outfits" look way too similar to each other. So not only does it seem to be a boring grind, but I don't really have much that I would even be looking forward to unlocking.
Agreed that they look too similar to each other, but if the revenant skins for example are default and the human skins for the Kitana/Blue (god forbid she also has a different hairstyle I want) and Jade/Green require endless grinding, then it would definitely be something that they are making me aim to grind for.

Lokolol

Vivacious Visitor
Awesome, if only she was unmasked...
Glad to hear they addressed the complains about the grinding on the last kombat kast, and promised to "fix it" a soon as possible, making it more fair and increasing the chances to get better gear.

puca

Swell Supporter
Kronika fatality is amazing!

I clipped together a few of the early fatality videos on the female characters (but there's no sound). They're unlisted, but here are the links if you want to enjoy them as well. Hopefully there will be better compilations soon.

Last edited:

Lokolol

Vivacious Visitor
My biggest disappointment with this game, or with Kitana's voice actress, are her fatality screams. They're kinda soft and a downgrade from the best (which I think is MK9's). At least they're better than MKX.
I think the screams are different every time, I'm sure I saw a few videos where she had better screams than that on the same fatalities, also, the video sound quality is not that great

Last edited:

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
some of these fatalties are neat i guess. they seem to all be super explodey, body parts everywhere. i think having a bigger mix of the simpler ones, that actually leave an identifiable body behind, would be nice. and the freeze frame thing always focuses on the wrong thing!

Lokolol

Vivacious Visitor
some of these fatalties are neat i guess. they seem to all be super explodey, body parts everywhere. i think having a bigger mix of the simpler ones, that actually leave an identifiable body behind, would be nice. and the freeze frame thing always focuses on the wrong thing!
Agree, I wish it had just a simple decapitation fatality which focuses on the character face and dead body, like Shinnok's on the last game

TuxPig

Potential Patron
My biggest dream is that NRS will make an mk game with the costumes of Mk9 the fatalities of MKX( where you Get a good shot of the victims corpse) and the graphics of MK11

fu11m3ta11

Vivacious Visitor
Im pretty let down by the camera angles, but I'm honestly okay with it since their faces are actually really good for once. I actually like the outfits too, even if there are only a few that arent just palette swaps. I'm working on uploading videos, will post here as I upload them.

Last edited:

Hoopla

Vivacious Visitor
DeviantArt Username
http://hoopla10.deviantart.com/
Im pretty let down by the camera angles, but I'm honestly okay with it since their faces are actually really good for once. I actually like the outfits too, even if there are only a few that arent just palette swaps. I'm working on uploading videos, will post here as I upload them.

You are doing the Lord's work.

I'm still kinda bummed out that there's like 200 costumes per character but only really 5 or 6 unique ones. I'm actually shocked by the lack of klassic costumes, especially for the girls. Even Cassie and Jacqui didn't get anything from the last game, even their default, less risque outfits. The lack of costumes wouldn't be a problem though if the grind wasn't so terrible. My white whale for this game will probably be Kitana's no mask customization. I love this game both for the ryona and gameplay but I can't stand this grinding. I refuse to play Kano now just because of all the stuff I've gotten for him. If they improve the grind and add some more UNIQUE costumes I'd be so happy.

kubi mage

Avid Affiliate
After watching the video with every fatality I'm taking a hard pass. Fatalities are too explodey for my taste and I never appreciated Ed Boon's hard-on for time slowing, which has reached peak annoyance in this game and Injustice 2. I don't care about the story of MK, nor the janky gameplay, and from what I'm reading in here it has Injustice's terrible gear lootbox system too. I'll probably download some of the models when they're ripped to XPS but I can't think of a single reason I should touch the game itself. This is probably the first time this has ever happened for me with this series.

Top Bottom