Mortal Kombat 11 (2 Viewers)

giugo

Swell Supporter
You're going to cancel your preorder just because you didn't see any slutty outfit yet ? Talk about over-reacting. I can totally understand people want sexy babes but... Mortal Kombat is a fighting game. When you play it, you're not supposed to masturbate (that's not its primary function at least). Meanwhile, I'm so satisfied with my cute pissing Kano !
Yeah, I'm going to cancel the preorder because of this 'covering the girls from head to toes' campaign. Because MK always had hot outfits (MK 3D Era and MK 9) or sensual and badass outfits (MKX). You have any clue why they need to dress the girls like nuns right now? I don't have it, and the only thing I can do about that is not give them money. Rants on twitter or reddit are useless.

Their artistic direction looks AWFUL to me, the female outfits are horrendous and has zero variety.

Cassie/Jacqui/Sonya? Same outfit.
Jade/Kitana/Skarlet? Same outfit.

MK9 was exaggerated, but MKX has some amazing outfits. Badass outfits, not too sexy. Why the hell Jade looks like that now?

Cassie's awful alt outfits (her second outfit is the same as the first one, but with a jacket) was the last nail in the coffin for me.

And, final note, this was my first ever preorder, just because I have a Gamestop gift card. I never preordered a game before, and you can bet I'll never do again.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
C'mon, not everything has to be about being sexy. I think the exo suit is pretty cool. Could do without the collar thing, but that's probably an attachment point for a helmet.
What gave you the impression that my exo-suit comment had anything to do with sexiness? I am the weirdo who doesn't need a woman to show even a shred of skin to find her attractive. I just think both outfits look terrible. And I also thought the Mass Effect N7 type suits looked dumb as well. They all look like they are made out of some sort of plastic.

Regarding the Cassie voice actress, I also wasn't a huge fan of Ashly Burch's ryona sounds in MKX. However, strangely enough, I thought she did some better ryona sounds in Horizon Zero Dawn so I was interested to see how she would do in MK11. But I will say the new voice actress is pretty good at the intro dialogues.

puca

Club Regular
What gave you the impression that my exo-suit comment had anything to do with sexiness? I am the weirdo who doesn't need a woman to show even a shred of skin to find her attractive. I just think both outfits look terrible. And I also thought the Mass Effect N7 type suits looked dumb as well. They all look like they are made out of some sort of plastic.

My bad, just the general sort of vibe I've been getting from this thread. While I actually quite like her outfits, I do think they're all pretty samey - some more variety would be nice, but I guess that's where unlockables and DLC come in.

And hey now, there's a long history of space-plastic armor! :tongue:

latest

Rag40

Swell Supporter
"Plasteel" if I recall correctly from Kotor, lol.

Let's hope Jacqui and Cassie's armor is a bit more effective than a Storm Trooper's, though. Because that shit never seemed to help them against blaster fire.

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
Honestly, costumes aside (I'm sure in the full game there will be plenty of costumes and a wide variety of them too), I'm actually really into some of the voice actor changes. I think it was confirmed that Cassie is voiced by Erica Lindbeck and honestly she can do no wrong. I think she did Sophitia in Soul Calibur 6 and Black Cat from the PS4 Spiderman game, both of which were awesome. Personally, for me, I'm actually even more hyped for MK11 with each reveal, looking at it more as a fighting game first and a ryona game second.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
looks like Netherealm said too much and overdid it regarding their intentions for the female fighters to the degree it turned against them from the same people they aim to please

MK11-1.JPG

MK11-2.JPG

This is a response to a Mortal Kombat developers interview where they said that they made their female fighters in the game wear like that in order to be respectful

Mortal Kombat’s fatalities start with stick figures drawn by Ed Boon

Last edited:

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, what that NRS guy said was a load of crap.

The crazy part is that the outfits aren't even the main problem for me. It's the actual ryona content that is killing my interest. I am still in disbelief at how badly they fucked the fatalities up in this game. We don't even get to see the victim fall to the floor in most of them because of the freeze frame garbage.

I do like Jade's ryona sounds, though, lol.

But yeah, if we are not getting classic outfits for characters like Kitana and Jade because they aren't "realistic" enough then I say fuck them. Just buy the game used or off a key reseller site.

giugo

Swell Supporter
Better?

With a bad copy of Poison Ivy? After all the shit those guys threw to us? Between double standards, shapeless women bodies, no sexy outfits?

No thanks, you can keep your fake Poison Ivy.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
What I am hoping is that Beran guy who made that asinine comment was simply talking out of his ass because what Cetrion is wearing there isn't much different than the classic female ninja outfits.

Regarding Cetrion herself, not a huge fan of how unfocused her design seems to be. I guess she is pretty much the embodiment of "Mother Nature"? Obvious Poison Ivy vibes, though.

I liked seeing Jade left spread eagle after that stomp in her fatality, but then they ruined it with that shitty ending with her body exploding from the particle beam or whatever.

KlebsTAQ

DӨЯΣIKΣПП
Staff
Forums Moderator
Better?
With a bad copy of Poison Ivy? After all the shit those guys threw to us? Between double standards, shapeless women bodies, no sexy outfits?
No thanks, you can keep your fake Poison Ivy.
Cetrion looking like Poison Ivy and Cetrion wearing a more revealing outfit are two different points. Please, don't mix things up. I was talking about the costume itself in relation to the discussion above. You can't deny NRS made Cetrion with a sexier costume than other women (even though it may not be naughty enough for a large majority).

giugo

Swell Supporter
You can't deny NRS made Cetrion with a sexier costume than other women (even though it may not be naughty enough for a large majority).
Sure. Because all the other women are covered from head to toes!! Easy to create a more revealing costume when all your female roster fights in combat suits and full armors.

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate

Kitana’s back and she looks better than ever! Her face is honestly the best it’s ever been and her fatality is so much better than her pisspoor ones in MKX. Hopefully we get a look at other skins later on (really hoping for an MK3 style skin since every character seems to have a klassic skin and the MK2 one is kinda overused).

giugo

Swell Supporter
Yeah, she's awesome.
Why the hell she's Asian now? And where are her boobs? If I remember correctly, she was white in MKX. And had massive boobs.

And this was 4 years ago, not a decade. Also, nice super covered outfit. Again. Like every other girls. And don't talk about cleavage, she doesn't even have boobs. Don't even like her face...
MKX tournament outfit was amazing, way better than this one.

I will never buy this game, it's not MK anymore.

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
Yeah, she's awesome.
Why the hell she's Asian now? And where are her boobs? If I remember correctly, she was white in MKX. And had massive boobs.

And this was 4 years ago, not a decade. Also, nice super covered outfit. Again. Like every other girls. And don't talk about cleavage, she doesn't even have boobs. Don't even like her face...
MKX tournament outfit was amazing, way better than this one.

I will never buy this game, it's not MK anymore.

I mean her name is literally a misspelling of a Japanese weapon and she was originally named Kitsune which spoiler alert is Japanese so I’m pretty sure she was always supposed to be Asian.

giugo

Swell Supporter
I mean her name is literally a misspelling of a Japanese weapon and she was originally named Kitsune which spoiler alert is Japanese so I’m pretty sure she was always supposed to be Asian.
Spoiler alert: MK is a 27 years old franchise with 11 main games and dozen of spinoffs, and Kitana was always white in all the games she was featured. But yeah, let's change the appearance, ethnicity, body size and outfits of the girls to make them more ''mature and respectful''. I get it, you're a fanboy of Kitana and Mortal Kombat, I love(d) MK too, but what they done to the female characters is awful.

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
I'm not a fanboy but I sincerely agree with Hoopla, Kitana have been Asian, or a least half Asian in a few mk games over the years, either way, she always went to a more "sort of Asian" design, she never had a constant ethnic trough the series, from deadly alliance to Armageddon her design was straight up a Indian/Persian mix. Anyway I also think Kitana looks as amazing as never before, her design looks delicate and powerful at the same time and her movements looks very smooth and gracious, can't wait to see her getting brutally destroyed.

Overall, I guess is really just a matter of opinion, but I really loved all the new designs (except for Sonya), I think the aim wasn't to look "mature and respectful" but more "grounded" and practical, the old ones would show more skin or be more "sexy," but they where just plain stupid, nobody would wear it in a real fight scenario, the new designs embraces each characters personality. You don't need to hate the game, there's shure going to have more revealing outfits in the full game, if not, there will always be mods, you probably even get then nude

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.