Is there a way to Custom character export for Black Desert (1 Viewer)

Z

Zaronia

Hello there,

I would like to know if it is a possible way to export your 3D custom character in black desert. For example with the edited face, height, muscles, etc, as a single or separate mesh(es).
Hope some of you expert people have/know a way to do that.
I'm really sorry if it isn't the correct path to post this thread.
Thanks for your time. c:

Amethyst

Potential Patron
I'm also interested in that. Having looked at how the character armature is done, along with the data in the customizationboneparamdesc.xml files, I'm thinking that probably the customization files saved by the game, are a table of the parameters in the xml files, along with the selected value in their min/max range. The result of your customization would be a layer of transformations given by those parameters, applied to the character armature, along with the specific texture settings (but those are way easier to remake when assembling the material in the 3d editing software).

AN69

New Owner
Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
RM Moderator
Modder
suzu ( 鈴 suzu ( 鈴 UndercoverPervert UndercoverPervert

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the answer depends on what you mean.

If you are asking to add a completely new/additional character and mesh?
No, the game would crash and break and all sorts of things due to more polygon counts than the game expects.

If it’s changing and already made character and mesh?
Yes... kinda. Again if you let’s say replace Shias model with Zerks, then it may break. Or if your model isn’t similar or contains the same the same polygons, I.e. turn warrior into something complicated like humanoid Zarka, or even something as simple as added breasts to Shia can break it as well.

So TLDR, as long as the models are similar then it may work.

If the answer is about textures/clothes then then YES lol.

Hope this helps and is accurate, if not hopefully someone smarter can lend a hand lol

Amethyst

Potential Patron
If I understood the question correctly (based on my previous answer), I think the op refers to the ability to export the customized characters you play with in the game, which the game creates from the base model, by applying your character customization editing profile. Given all the assets which you have direct access to refer to the set of base models for each character class, there is no "apparent" way of getting those customized characters out, so one would have to reverse engineer what the game actually does to the character assets in order to obtain your ingame avatars.

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
In the case of Black Desert
There is a special mesh for creating a character in the game.
These are meshes that divide the body. These meshes change when you move the slider. The body also changes to follow the changes.
For example, blendshapes and lattices in Maya.
It is not possible to extract the character created in the game as it is, but it is possible to create a new character.
However, you can change the bone values of the extracted character, copy the polygon model, and add the original skinning again.

As a side note, you can also swap in high-poly models from other games.
Pac tool is not perfect.
The main problem is that the meshes get cut off along the UV borders when importing, but since there is no one to update it, we just have to live with it.

AN69

New Owner
Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
RM Moderator
Modder
In the case of Black Desert
There is a special mesh for creating a character in the game.
These are meshes that divide the body. These meshes change when you move the slider. The body also changes to follow the changes.
For example, blendshapes and lattices in Maya.
It is not possible to extract the character created in the game as it is, but it is possible to create a new character.
However, you can change the bone values of the extracted character, copy the polygon model, and add the original skinning again.

As a side note, you can also swap in high-poly models from other games.
Pac tool is not perfect.
The main problem is that the meshes get cut off along the UV borders when importing, but since there is no one to update it, we just have to live with it.
(And THIS is why I @‘d her :D lol)

No one to update what? Pactool?

So if I am reading this right, we can pretty much upload ANYTHING to the game if importing wasn’t broken? Is it similar to Skyrim, for example, in that you can edit and mod it into a nearly completely different game?

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
(And THIS is why I @‘d her :D lol)

No one to update what? Pactool?

So if I am reading this right, we can pretty much upload ANYTHING to the game if importing wasn’t broken? Is it similar to Skyrim, for example, in that you can edit and mod it into a nearly completely different game?
As far as costumes go, I've already swapped and used costumes from other games.
Characters can be swapped as well, but as I said before, I don't do that because it cuts the mesh along the UV boundaries.
The reason for this is that you get black spots around the UV borders.
The reason for this is that there are two skin weighted vertices in the same place and the mesh breaks.

Based on this, I am familiar with many of the problems, but I also know how to work around them.
I just don't do it because it doesn't work in JP.
Good luck and conquer it too.

AN69

New Owner
Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
RM Moderator
Modder
As far as costumes go, I've already swapped and used costumes from other games.
Characters can be swapped as well, but as I said before, I don't do that because it cuts the mesh along the UV boundaries.
The reason for this is that you get black spots around the UV borders.
The reason for this is that there are two skin weighted vertices in the same place and the mesh breaks.

Based on this, I am familiar with many of the problems, but I also know how to work around them.
I just don't do it because it doesn't work in JP.
Good luck and conquer it too.
See, this is why I call you Senpai xD

I saw your 2B edits and found them very... entertaining, at times xD like the GIFs of 2B “dancing” or shaking her ass lol.

What would it take to avoid that UV boundaries problem? Better importing method? Better 3D converter?

Also what would it take for you to teach me these methods of which you speak? Lol

nudeseeker

Casual Client
It's suck to see why Black desert online have such a difficulty modding issue. Unlike Resident Evil 2 remake and 3. Modders can do whatever they want only exceptional is animations replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.