1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to customise fonts or did I imagine that?

Discussion in 'Dialogue' started by Tio Guy, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Tio Guy

Tio Guy Potential Patron

I'm sure I remember reading a post on Kona's blog about being able to customise fonts for dialogues using tags along the lines of {"font":"arial bold"} or something similar.

I can't find the post, nor has my experimenting in-game caused any change in font.

Did I seriously imagine that post? Or is it actually possible?

All I want is a bold font! =P

2. ModGuy

ModGuy Club Regular Content Creator

If you're not sure what these names are, you can use the Font Lister(Extra Tools) from the loader download page:
    http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=91

3. Tio Guy

Tio Guy Potential Patron

Thank you good sir! I knew I didn't imagine it.

Alas it's not a JSON tag (hense why my experimentation never made it work) so him and her can't have seperate fonts.

Curses.

Ah well, ya live and learn. Cheers for clearing it up Dude.

4. AaRL

AaRL Swell Supporter

Hmm... I tried this in a random dialogue. It changes all the font to whatever font you select. Also noticed that it disabled word wrap within SDT as well. Is there anyway to just change certain lines to help further differentiate HIM and HER and THOUGHT lines? I know I suggested different colors a long time but nothing ever came about that. Im using the Vanilla SDT here too.

I copied and pasted font:"Comic" into my Head Cheerleader dialogue. They both loaded in similar times. In the first picture, notice the lines go off outside the bubble while in the second shot, every thing is normal without the font changing.

Attached Files:

5. sby

sby Club Regular Content Creator

i don't know if it was your request, but a while ago i put together dialogdisplayedit. it changes color/opacity for things
    (loader mod though)

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888.0

6. AaRL

AaRL Swell Supporter

I know I mentioned it some where in a General Discussion thread some time ago... I think long before you really took off with your thread. My thing is using the "change font" command in Vanilla SDT disables word wrap. If I could just get that work , I would use one font for HER, one font for HIM, and another for THOUGHT lines. Even though the dialogue box changes its display already. I wonder if there is a 'hidden' dialogue box command like the one for the font...

7. T0mcat

T0mcat Avid Affiliate

Don't know about others, but at least I seem to be to dumb to use that mod properly...
    I mean, I get it to work.. just not the way I want it to work ^^

I ain't got a clue how to set opacity to a value that makes the speechbubbles turn up with a "solid" background..
    And ever so often when I change the values for the font colours, there are problems with the bubbles for him, her and thought being then undistinguishable from each other..

I know it's a fault on my side, not the mod itself..

8. AaRL

AaRL Swell Supporter

Well regarding the changing font command... I'm at a loss. (Happening a lot this morning...) Ive tired every thing I could think of to get this to work. The " %0A " command creates a line break anyway in the dialogue line which works fine with the default SDT font. Really not used anymore as SDT handles wordwrap.

Anyway, insert the " font:"whatever font here" " command and it breaks it. The chosen font will display correctly up until the first line break command. Then it pauses, then jumps to the rest of the same dialogue line nearly completed and move on to the next line of dialouge. All at a very quick clip. Also, as an added glitch which drove me nuts. If you use the change font command, the font will not display when using the EDIT dialogue button to force trigger a line.

Take a look if you want: [attachurl=1]

Attached Files:

• test.txt
      File size:
      623 bytes
      Views:
  9. tub8tor

tub8tor Vivacious Visitor Content Creator

So is there a way to use another font without having to shorten all dialogue lines?