Is it possible to customise fonts or did I imagine that? (1 Viewer)

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
I'm sure I remember reading a post on Kona's blog about being able to customise fonts for dialogues using tags along the lines of {"font":"arial bold"} or something similar.

I can't find the post, nor has my experimenting in-game caused any change in font.

Did I seriously imagine that post? Or is it actually possible?

All I want is a bold font! =P

ModGuy

Content Creator
Lizoran said:
Az said:
2) Is it possible to format the text into italics and whatnot?
from konashion
I've also added a way to pick a custom font for the dialogue display, by adding a "font" trigger to your dialogue file:

font:"Arial"

Working out the exact name of a font isn't always easy though, because they can have names like "Arial Bold Italic", so the game will look for the first match for the name you give it. Obviously the font has to be installed on your computer to work, but hopefully this will be useful for common fonts.

If you're not sure what these names are, you can use the Font Lister(Extra Tools) from the loader download page:
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=91

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
Thank you good sir! I knew I didn't imagine it.

Alas it's not a JSON tag (hense why my experimentation never made it work) so him and her can't have seperate fonts.

Curses.

Ah well, ya live and learn. Cheers for clearing it up Dude.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Hmm... I tried this in a random dialogue. It changes all the font to whatever font you select. Also noticed that it disabled word wrap within SDT as well. Is there anyway to just change certain lines to help further differentiate HIM and HER and THOUGHT lines? I know I suggested different colors a long time but nothing ever came about that. Im using the Vanilla SDT here too.

I copied and pasted font:"Comic" into my Head Cheerleader dialogue. They both loaded in similar times. In the first picture, notice the lines go off outside the bubble while in the second shot, every thing is normal without the font changing.

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 330
  • screenshot0002.png
    screenshot0002.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 296

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i don't know if it was your request, but a while ago i put together dialogdisplayedit. it changes color/opacity for things
(loader mod though)

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888.0

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
sby said:
i don't know if it was your request, but a while ago i put together dialogdisplayedit. it changes color/opacity for things
(loader mod though)

I know I mentioned it some where in a General Discussion thread some time ago... I think long before you really took off with your thread. My thing is using the "change font" command in Vanilla SDT disables word wrap. If I could just get that work , I would use one font for HER, one font for HIM, and another for THOUGHT lines. Even though the dialogue box changes its display already. I wonder if there is a 'hidden' dialogue box command like the one for the font...

T0mcat

Avid Affiliate
sby said:
(loader mod though)

Don't know about others, but at least I seem to be to dumb to use that mod properly...
I mean, I get it to work.. just not the way I want it to work ^^

I ain't got a clue how to set opacity to a value that makes the speechbubbles turn up with a "solid" background..
And ever so often when I change the values for the font colours, there are problems with the bubbles for him, her and thought being then undistinguishable from each other..

I know it's a fault on my side, not the mod itself..

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Well regarding the changing font command... I'm at a loss. (Happening a lot this morning...) Ive tired every thing I could think of to get this to work. The " %0A " command creates a line break anyway in the dialogue line which works fine with the default SDT font. Really not used anymore as SDT handles wordwrap.

Anyway, insert the " font:"whatever font here" " command and it breaks it. The chosen font will display correctly up until the first line break command. Then it pauses, then jumps to the rest of the same dialogue line nearly completed and move on to the next line of dialouge. All at a very quick clip. Also, as an added glitch which drove me nuts. If you use the change font command, the font will not display when using the EDIT dialogue button to force trigger a line.

Take a look if you want: [attachurl=1]

Attachments

test.txt
623 bytes · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.