I'm hopeless, please help me. (1 Viewer)

vrethik

Potential Patron
I need help with the loader. I'm going to sound absolutely ridiculous, because I feel like this has been explained a billion times, but I'm clearly over-looking something-- Just bare with me, please.

Now, I can't figure out how the hell to load .swf mods from the loader. I have the loader, but I can't figure out how to load mods from the modding tab, or save characters or anything. I've read the guides and whatever, but I'm just not getting it. It's a bit more complicated than that, but I think it'd be easier to just ask for a blatant step-by-step guide, starting from square 1, because I don't know exactly how far behind I am, or how much I currently understand.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Ah!
I think I know what you're talking about.
Move your mouse to the lower right corner and move it up a bit.
If that didn't help to illuminate things a bit, post again.
Loader mods aren't loaded from the in-game modding tab, you see.

vrethik

Potential Patron
It isn't that. I know where the modding tab is and everything.

I don't understand how to load mods and save characters. Like, at all. I have characters saved on the vanilla SDT, but certain mods don't work on that. People say "use the loader", but I don't understand what that means. How do I load a mod? How do I save a character with the mod? I know that it isn't that hard, but there's something that I'm not understanding. I have a very skewed view of it, and I just want, like, a super blatant explanation of the whole process.

Sorry for sounding super whiny. I'm just trying desperately not to sound like an idiot.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Read the saving guide included with the loader.
If that doesn't help, observe the example folders included, and create your own folders following the format.
Let us know how you get on.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i have a couple of tutorial videos in my thread if you just can't get it

vrethik

Potential Patron
OH MY GOD I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING NOW.

well, almost everything.

The only problem I'm having is that the I can't load the character codes.

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
You set up your characters the way you like them, then in the
"options">>"modding">>"custom save data" you hit "generate", then copy-paste that to a .txt you name "Code.txt"
(exactly that, no room for little type-errors) which you place in your character Folder under the Mods folder, for example the
"$INIT$" Folder. Contents placed there should load on program start.

(When you said you read the guide, you were lying, weren't you... >:()

vrethik

Potential Patron
No, friend. I read the guide and whatever. But at the time I was all over the place-- But that was no fault but my own. And I've been doing what you're telling me to do (Which was a beautiful explanation, by the way. No sarcasm intended)-- But it's just not working. Could it be because I'm having trouble copy-and-pasting? I can't right-click, and cut it or copy it. I have to "Ctrl.+C" it, and that copies the code all fine and dandy, and I can paste it in "Code.txt", but it doesn't load up when I restart it.

vrethik

Potential Patron
Right now I've got the code thing worked out. My only problem is that now when I use the codes, it loads everything but the dynamic hair mod. Which is odd. Any reason it might be doing that?

ModGuy

Content Creator
This thread sucks, by no fault of anyone, it's just a downer on the effectiveness of guides.
Anyway, upload your character folder including whatever you want to load and someone will sort you out.

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
vrethik said:
Right now I've got the code thing worked out. My only problem is that now when I use the codes, it loads everything but the dynamic hair mod. Which is odd. Any reason it might be doing that?

Thats cuz the hair goes in a different file. Just take the hair file you want to load on startup, copy-paste it into the $INIT$ folder and rename it to hair.png

btw: Same goes for
Background: BG.png, or Dialogue: Dialogue.txt

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.