First time writing a dialog. Any way to slow down how fast it spits out pull_off lines? (1 Viewer)

sillyrabbit9001

Potential Patron
I'm not starting from scratch. I've been using SDT for a long time and have so far just grabbed assets from various forum posts. For some reason recently I decided to see if I could take a dialog I like and customize it a bit. Its mostly been a success with a couple of small hiccups:

1)Original author had a like 5 minute long intro that boiled down to two parents putting *YOU* in charge of her. Very dry, too long. I cut it from 35 lines to 10 without really changing content.
2) Original author had EVERYTHING set to run as next: . As a result, once the intro finished it would run thru every handjob, resistance, first_throat, etc dialog back to back without a line break. Fixed that by removing next: from every line via notepad, it now runs as intended.

New issue: Game is way too quiet having made these changes. She basically only reacts if you ejaculate somewhere once you move past the initial stages of a dialog. Changed some lines to be pull_off lines and I'm getting dialog again but it is back to running constantly. I can't seem to find a way to adjust this. Ideally I'd prefer there to be 5-10 seconds between messages similar to how general lines work when idle. I don't recall this being an issue with other dialogs I've played through so IDK if it is maybe a setting in the game somewhere hidden or if I need to adjust something in the dialog its self. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Oh, another thought. The dialog is pretty old and I'm working with a much newer version of the game featuring Willie's Loader mods. Specifically animtools so that there's a variety of positions besides the default. I thought that cum_in_mouth and cum_in_throat lines would automatically adjust to new positions but that doesn't seem to case. Are there specific line prompts for other positions regarding vaginal or anal sex?

sillyrabbit9001

Potential Patron
Leaving this up mostly as a record for those who might come after me. I have the following answers. Please keep in mind I've been coding on an older version of SDT so your mileage may vary some, :

1) Using "next":"sceneX" is a powerful tool that the OG author in this dialog seemed to not understand. Used properly it can force scenes to load in a specific order without being interrupted by things like pull_off or resistance. If you're wanting to create a complex dialog that progresses in a linear fashion it is worth learning how "next" works. A VERY important not is that "next" DOES NOT work with variables. So for example, you can use {"next":"scene1"} but {"next":"scene*number*"} will NOT work. This is in comparison to [scene*number*] which absolutely works. The important difference is that "next" will force whatever scene it links to play next once all current dialog options clear. {scene*number*] will ONLY play if nothing else interrupts it. [scene*number*] style formatting works fine for long scenes where you know you won't be interrupting them (because if you start throating her and pull_off or resistance lines pop up as they they can break the [scene*number*] format). Next commands are what you want when you want to force dialog to do a specific thing, but you need to give it a specific scene to point at. An variable will NOT work, unfortunately.

2) pull_off lines, by nature, will play at every chance they get. So if they are set to {"style":"Thought"} they're gonna run basically nonstop. The only way to possibly delay this is to add the character Б (en masse) at the end of every pull_off line. 20 or so Б characters will create a pretty decent delay between lines.

3) If you're looking for a prompt to trigger when you finish *inside* her but not orally you want to use cuminher. cuminher is similar to cum_in_mouth or cum_in_throat but applies to any position besides oral sex. Obviously this is only functional with animtools mod.

As a general update, I've probably spent 30 hours coding this week and largely have the dialog completely functional through experimentation. There's still a decent amount of bug fixing to do but it is overall pretty manageable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.