Has ryona affected your gaming life in a negative way ? (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
We all love ryona even if we have different tastes in it and we all love video games

But loving Ryona more than loving Video games can cause your enjoyment of the games to be limitied as there is a lot of games feature a lot of ryona elements but sadly no playable females , So as we are adapted to ryona then we would had nightmares with these "Plenty of ryona but No playable females" games wishing that a female was replacing that guy and that can lead to ignoring a lot of great video games and thus lead to limit your gaming life

So are you the type that won't touch a game that has a lot of ryona element but No playable females in it to avoid frustration or it doesn't matter for you and you can split between ryona and video games

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
I can definitely enjoy a game without the ryona, however, I find that Ryona has influenced some purchases; esp fighting games. I think I'm bit more controlled now that there is a lack of new material in the market; honestly lollipop chainsaw probably wasn't worth the money for ryona ratio; the new tomb raider looks awesome. The lack of female skins in uncharted 3 single player was really disappointing.

Mardion

Potential Patron
I can definitely enjoy a game without the ryona, however, I find that Ryona has influenced some purchases; esp fighting games.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember, so I'll buy a good game regardless if it has ryona or not, but I wouldn't have bought/played as many fighting games as I have if it wasn't for the ryona in them, and I'd probably never play a wrestling game beyond the first one (WWF Attitude for the record).

Yurlungur

Potential Patron
To be honest, I just really like having access to a playable female character regardless of the genre of game. For fighting games, I got so used to picking female characters that I kinda dislike picking male characters now. That's why A.B.A. in Guilty Gear is perfect for me (she damages herself even if she wins). For other games, even if they completely lack ryona content, I still like playing a female. For instance, Borderlands and Killing Floor. They're shooters, so there's no real ryona to be savored, but I still like the female characters more.
Makes some RPGs ridiculously hard though. Using Cinnamon in Megaman X Command Mission was tough.

battlevampiress

Potential Patron
Actually ... yeah, for me it goes like this: I indeed don't buy some games, since I don't have female characters to play available. BUt I wouldn't call this a very big problem. There's enough to pick from.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I can play games without ryona, in fact when I am playing UT2004 I purposely didn't choose female bots in my used bot roster cause I don't wanna shoot up the women. But there are definitely games I bought because of the ryona. I got Urban Reign because on the back of the box I saw it has a Vs mode and three women (and Brad) were beating the crap out of each other. Picked it up for $9.88.

Varshyl

Potential Patron
Somehow, sometimes I feel like I am 'forced' to play crappy games for ryona. Recently, I've stopped doing that as I only have 2 really good ryona games I can focus on to get my ryona fix and just play other good games for what they are, good games.

emikochan

Potential Patron
I always play females so i have something to relate to, Not specifically ryona :p Though it definitely helps to have kinky content in my games :P I don't think it makes me enjoy normal games less, just ryona games more :) Glass is half full :D

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
I typically only buy and play games that I know that I'll enjoy normally without needing ryona elements to be there, but since I play fighting games as my main genre the whole ryona and actual gaming process goes hand and hand with one-another (especially since I've lost my 'play-to'win' mentality earlier this year.) Before it was actually a pain trying to balance my like of ryona with wanting to play online because I was rather fickle about how others would view me and I had a big competitive streak, but once I dropped that I found it much easier to just play and enjoy it all at once.

I'm currently playing Street Fighter X Tekken with Sakura, Chun-li, Lili, Alisa and Asuka. I can play each one of them really well (to the point I have over 20 game win streaks consistently), and as long as I'm not getting hit everything seems 'normal' to my opponent in their eyes. However, once I find myself victim of a combo or a grapple move, I don't do too much to actually keep the opponent off me at first and have my girl stay down as long as possible. The thing with me is that I'm really good at reversing my opponent's momentum, so if they try to abuse my 'poor' defense I can get away or even worse, counter it as I see it coming. That's just one example for one game, but I think it's an unique thing for me. I think my fetish for ryona made my gaming results 'better' in a sense... >_>; Either I actually win the match and win in a 'gaming' sense or I lose the match yet win in the 'ryona' sense. Definitely helps when all my favorite characters in fighting games are female... Sounds like a good 50-50 to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

emikochan

Potential Patron
Either I actually win the match and win in a 'gaming' sense or I lose the match yet win in the 'ryona' sense. Definately helps when all my favorite characters in fighting games are female... Sounds like a good 50-50 to me.

Hehe so true, fighting games are quite win win :D On reason I love soul calibur 5, making your own character and going online for better or worse :)

Morgion

Potential Patron
Texting on phone, please forgive silly typos.
Anyway, to answer the op's question: maybe a bit but not much, and not in the way suggested. I frequently enjoy all kinds of games regardless if ryona potential or pretty girls. But it does affect me in the way where if i have a game i enjoy that juat so happens to be good for ryona. I dont really play as competatively in it because im satisfied with the ryona too.

That said, games i like with good ryona potential but no girls i like are rare, mostly because i dont like fighting games i guess. But one that really frusterated me was ninja gaiden sigma 1 and 2. Both games let you play as a really good looking female, and both games had great ryona potential, but you were limited to just 1-3 stages for both games! Ngs2 had coop mode but that was a pain because your ally would interfere with enemies ryonaing you, arrrgh. So getting a particular enemy to ryona the girl who didnt spawn in that one measily stage she is given was totally frusterating.

But what frusterates me more often are games with great looking girls, action/combat elements, but little ryona potential. I liked kos-mos in xenosaga for example, but the game has almost no ryona potential. In addition you cant control the camera, argh. Sometimes games have cool ragdoll physics deaths for you to have fun with... But the game plants a huge opaque unmoveable dialogue saying " you lose, reset? Y/n" over your corpse, arrgh.

Kinda going off topic now though I guess, so ill stop.

P

perziashammas

I won't even bother with a fighting game if it has no female characters. Even though I like seeing them abused I think the female fighters are awesome and way more interesting than the males.

Holymolydude123

Ryonani Teamster
I'm not sure I would say a negative way, I can enjoy games with no ryona content at all. It certainly affects me. I purchased DOA5 just for the ryona potential.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Overall, on the grand scale of things. I would say no, but there have been times when I've bought a game for Ryona purposes only to find it doesn't have what I'm looking for. Perfect example would be a WWE game I bought some years ago, not sure which one it was. One of the Smackdown Vs Raw games anyway, I think I bought them two years on the trot, the second hoping for new moves and a new bearhug. What I found was a lot of the same from the last game, as well as them taking out mixed matches, felt like a waste of money. There have been one or two others where I felt I threw cash away, but not enough for me to say its effected my gaming life in a bad way, just bad experiances.

I generally don't play games for ryona, its just a bonus if it has ryona in it for me. 95% of games I buy tend to just be for the gameplay, but I am prone to the rare purchase that often proves fruitless for my specific ryona tastes XD

Sotamias

Potential Patron
Oh man, being addicted to ryona (and just "doing stuff") is really annoying. It's gotten to the point where I'd be playing some game I'd been wanting to try out for a bit, only to stop mid-way because it has no ryona in it, popping in my old Resident Evil REmake disk or whatever I have lying around and then getting my fix.

Feelsbad/goodman

C

clept0

I would say no. I don't look for ryona in vgs and almost never pick female characters unless I have already established a male main character. If a vg has ryona that's a bonus, but if it doesn't that doesn't influence whether I like a game of not.

S

selena1987

Not Really. Though I do watch a lot of Rumble Roses move compilation videos on the internet.

E

endofallthings

I'm actually really good at compartmentalizing my Ryona fetish. You'll see from my recently posted story that I have a real thing for female commander Shepard having nasty things happen to her. And yet I can play femshep in the mass effect games without Ryona featuring in my thinking or gameplay. One bit is fetish and one bit actual gameplay and they tend not to meet...

J

JhianCy08

Ryona is only for my Fapping sensation,I Mostly play Intense games such as CODMW's
But it really Dissapoints me on why they are only few Good Ryona's with great Gameplay and graphics out there,Some is abandoned -.-
it really gives me a headache

deutscher ryona fan

Potential Patron
I bought Rumble Roses and XX only because this.
Sometime on Tekken when i have to fight Julia or Anna i dont fight with full Power because i want enjoy her. After i lose to her i play practice and fap as a revenge ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.