Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Shadow5000 - Tiger Costume

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zzaapp002

Staff
RM Moderator
Hmm, well, yes, on a good day maybe but I am out of practice!

And I will take myself out of the competition so even if I do a Mash...I can't win!

How's that for holiday spirit, eh?

Or course if that "mash up" category isn't accepted as valid then I couldn't in anyway.

So either way I lose, huzzah!

;-)

danx12

Potential Patron
Dante said:
@SCLover: No limit to entries. Post as many as you like. It's still up to the people who wins.

@Zap: Would if I had any control over Karma, but as it stands I could only offer one point.

@dnax12: That would be my, Aku Ikra Dress, Blair Hat & Armwear, Wednsday's Shoes, and ?'s Stockings. All mashed together using Gollums seperation tool.

Sorry i should of been more clear. I just meant a side project not the contest. I did read where you said to be original. My mistake. I still thought it looked good even with them all mashed together like that. But yea i understand.

Clayman8

Content Creator
Good to see there's no limit,i was going to ask about that :S
Im still unsure as to what to post,will try to get cracking on it tonight+tomorrow while im off work.

Clayman8

Content Creator
Ok,i forgot how to work with flash :D

yay me.

Now on the more serious matter,are we's allowed to dye her hair or does it need to be a real classic vanilla SDTChan? I'd need to use a different hair color but im not bothered if its impossible :)
Oh and i just realized, ghost girl won't work if we have to work with basic Chan. So most of my plans are out the window now.

We also need more people to join it,i'd hate to be first or last amongst only 3 people :(

Clayman8

Content Creator
OK i seem to run into some problems :S

Each time i try to publish a file via the usual method (drag in the modified parts into mod,switch to settings and the mid name in the line) i get this:

Symbol 'Bottoms Template', Layer 'Settings', Frame 1, Line 10 1120: Access of undefined property ModTypes.

OR when i dont,the mod "loads" but doesnt appear on Chan. I've tried it with other mods i've done in my files and there the same response where as before they worked. Im confused here :(

Clayman8

Content Creator
Dante said:
Is the FLA in you SDTModding folder?

its in a subfolder,same place as the rest of my mods. Which is why it confuses me.
Now im getting this however:
Main, Layer 'Settings', Frame 1, Line 45 1120: Access of undefined property modCreator.
Main, Layer 'Settings', Frame 1, Line 44 1120: Access of undefined property modName.
Main, Layer 'Settings', Frame 1, Line 38 1120: Access of undefined property charData.

Getting rid of these lines,changing anything in them etc doesnt do jack either. I'll keep working on it for now building the parts,will try to figure it out once its done (unless you come up with a faster idea,which would really help as i cant even test it out to see if it works)

Clayman8

Content Creator
Dante said:
It has to be in the same folder as:

SDTMod FLA
SDTMod.swf
&
SDTMods Folder

PM sent,i'd really appreciate your hand on this. I really dont get it anymore with flash so im lost as to what might even be bugging it up

EDIT!!!

IM A FUCKING IDIOT.

Fixed it (Thx Dante,your help was part of the solution). I've noticed that the "registerMod(ModInstanceName);" part wasnt written in flat black,but grey... So basically i was loading an empty .swf everytime i tried to fire it up.

I hate myself and i should stop wasting everyone's time D:

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Lol, don't worry about it. It was a simple mistake, and chances are if anyone else has the same problem and comes across this converssation, they'll know what to do to fix it ;D

Clayman8

Content Creator
BTW,
Do we post the entries here or in a separate topic? Im not too familiar with forum code,so i dont know how to transfer the entries into this topic later.

Im about 70% into my first outfit,not a fan of it so far but its almost a warm up to get back into Flash.
Dont know what's up next as a project but i'll really try to have at least 2 Chan outfits :)

Clayman8

Content Creator
Dante said:
Post it here with a name and screenshot, and I'll move it to the first post

Check :)

Got a question,is it possible to do dynamic parts on clothes? I've been trying to figure out how it works through the hair tut' but i dont get it seems. I've wanted to add flowing elements to the headpiece and the "skirt" part as well as other bits and bobs. ^^ much appreciated if i could finally learn this elusive technique

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Well there's actually two options.

For the head piece of course you make that dynamic.

For the clothes you can do one of two things or possibly both.
1) Create an animation that matches what you want it to do. This will allow the parts to appear as if flowing if you can do it right. EXAMPLE: My Tentacle mod has animated tentacles, attached to the body template, using a "Motion Tween" to make them move.
2) Put components of the outfit on the Nipple and Belly Piercing templates. This method is similar to a dynamic hair, the parts will move as the body does. EXAMPLE: Mynxie's top has her ribbon attached to the nipple piercing template.

Clayman8

Content Creator
Dante said:
Well there's actually two options.

For the head piece of course you make that dynamic.

For the clothes you can do one of two things or possibly both.
1) Create an animation that matches what you want it to do. This will allow the parts to appear as if flowing if you can do it right. EXAMPLE: My Tentacle mod has animated tentacles, attached to the body template, using a "Motion Tween" to make them move.
2) Put components of the outfit on the Nipple and Belly Piercing templates. This method is similar to a dynamic hair, the parts will move as the body does. EXAMPLE: Mynxie's top has her ribbon attached to the nipple piercing template.

Not sure how to use motion tweens (i guess that would work for pulsating lights and so on,so maybe i'll use that later) but the idea of the piercings works for me. How would i adjust that however to fit the are of the body i want it on? I cant do that through the piercing template now can i? :S (if it isnt a bother, a step by step would be really helpful,i cant get the grasp on animated parts personally)

and the BG:

Attachments

Mummy Girl.swf
22.6 KB · Views: 5,775

dantethedarkprince

Content Creator
Clayman8 said:
the idea of the piercings works for me. How would i adjust that however to fit the are of the body i want it on?

Unfortunately you can't. It has to be in the same position that the piercing would be.

BUT The animation option is still open to you.

EXAMPLE: You could draw out part of your wrappings, cut it into 3-4 parts. Put each part on a new layer. Right click, "Create motion tween" Now you can adjust it to appear as if it's flowing in the wind. You'll have to move each part into position every 5 frames or so, then play it to make sure there's no clipping. Also you'll need to make sure that the parts come back to the same spot they started so it'll be a flawless motion. This is what I did for my Futa Humpers, Reverse Cowgirl, Animated Backgrounds and so-on.

Clayman8

Content Creator
Dante said:
Clayman8 said:
the idea of the piercings works for me. How would i adjust that however to fit the are of the body i want it on?

Unfortunately you can't. It has to be in the same position that the piercing would be.

BUT The animation option is still open to you.

EXAMPLE: You could draw out part of your wrappings, cut it into 3-4 parts. Put each part on a new layer. Right click, "Create motion tween" Now you can adjust it to appear as if it's flowing in the wind. You'll have to move each part into position every 5 frames or so, then play it to make sure there's no clipping. Also you'll need to make sure that the parts come back to the same spot they started so it'll be a flawless motion. This is what I did for my Futa Humpers, Reverse Cowgirl, Animated Backgrounds and so-on.

Its what i was thinking as well. However,my idea was to animate the straps on her crown to move back and forth as well as adding loose straps of wrappings and a dress part. All that would just move back and forth as the body went forward and back. So i guess there's no way of doing that yet,for shame. Will try the animated parts on my second outfit though,i still have a few days to get an entry in :D Thx for the advice,im starting to remember more or less what i learnt years ago in computer class

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.