DialogueAction-Mod doesn´t load (1 Viewer)

EpicDT-Hunter

Potential Patron
Hallo my dear people. I got interested in writing some awesome dialogues with all the nice stuff like taking her clothes off step by step you know. But therefor i need some help from you first. Now i got the loader and sdt. Everything works fine. So i downloaded DialogueActions.swf (the newest version) and put it in my $INIT$ folder and added the name to mods.txt like written in the instructions. But it seems it doesn´t load when i start the loader. I also tried some dialogues requieres dialogueaction and they dont work either. Does someone know a solution for this problem or some idea of solving the issue?
Maybe the files listed in mods.txt just dont load when i start the loader. But how can i get them to load?

SDT-FAN

Potential Patron
Same here with me!
On my other Computer, the Mod seems to loading. Because the Dialogs i used there worked. Now it seems like DialogueActions dont even load on the Start.
I also tried the WeeWillieBundle with a older Version. But nothing happens.

stuntcock

Content Creator
But nothing happens.
Please don't do this. dialogueActions is a large and somewhat buggy mod, but it isn't at a pre-alpha stage where "hey dude your mod doesn't work" could be considered useful feedback.

If you're asking for help, then you need to give us something to work with.
  • "Here's my $INIT$\Mods.txt load order and a zipped copy of my Mods folder."
  • "Here's the error message which appears when I start the game."
  • "I've scraped through the Windows error logs and found a few messages which seem to be related to my problem. I've pasted them below."
  • "I tried to run Loader.swf through the Flash Player projector content debugger and it threw an exception during startup. Here's the stacktrace."
  • "I've tried disabling other mods and it turns out that dialogueActions.swf refuses to load if it's paired with giantBoobies.swf. Can anyone explain why? I really like these mods; is there a workaround which would allow me to use both of them?"
  • "My new computer, unlike my old one, was supplied by my employer and has a bunch of rootkit security stuff on it. Could that be the problem?"
  • "Here are my hardware specs, my OS version, my Loader version, the version of dialogueActions that I'm trying to load, and some of the custom dialog files that I've tried to use. Can anyone spot any incompatibilities or problems with my setup?"
  • "I've tried copying the entire SDT folder from my old computer to my new one, but it doesn't work. If I manually re-download the Loader package and each of my favorite mods then it seems to work, but this is very time-consuming. Can anyone explain why -- or suggest a faster approach?"

SDT-FAN

Potential Patron
Okay ... i downloaded "sby loader pack 5", "WeeWillieBundle" and "Slingerbult's Loader Dialogues" seperat. And i first noticed the Problem with "sby loader pack 5" since it wasnt included, i paste the SDTDialogueActionsv4.01.swf into the $INIT$ Folder and inserted the Text into the Mods.txt, like the Description told me to do . All other Bundles are Original like here on the Forum and wasnt manipulated.
  • "Here's my $INIT$\Mods.txt load order and a zipped copy of my Mods folder."
Default/TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf
Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
Default/HeldBreathCounter.swf
Default/CumInMouthCounter.swf
clearAllShortcut.swf
hairlayerpatchV1.swf
dialogpatchV3.swf
vanillaarmpatchV2.swf
penisrangeV5.swf
allalphaslidersV5.swf
animtoolsV14.swf
moreclothingV5_1.swf
SDTDialogueActionsv4.01.swf
  • "Here's the error message which appears when I start the game."
No error Message.
  • "I've scraped through the Windows error logs and found a few messages which seem to be related to my problem. I've pasted them below."
No Errors contained in Eventviewer relate to my Problem
Could not load "sby loader pack 5" with the debugger, but "Slingerbult's Loader Dialogues" could load and threw out:
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at obj.dialogue::Dialogue/startSpeakingPhrase_l()
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at Modules::lProxy/forwardMethod()
at LineTypeManager/buildDialogueStates()[E:\Programming\SDTDialogueActions\src\LineTypeManager.as:72]
at Main/doCheck()[E:\Programming\SDTDialogueActions\src\Main.as:146]
at Loader_fla::MainTimeline/fps()
  • "I've tried disabling other mods and it turns out that dialogueActions.swf refuses to load if it's paired with giantBoobies.swf. Can anyone explain why? I really like these mods; is there a workaround which would allow me to use both of them?"
i tried disabling in form off deleting the Entries in the Mods.txt - No Effect
  • "My new computer, unlike my old one, was supplied by my employer and has a bunch of rootkit security stuff on it. Could that be the problem?"
Nope
  • "Here are my hardware specs, my OS version, my Loader version, the version of dialogueActions that I'm trying to load, and some of the custom dialog files that I've tried to use. Can anyone spot any incompatibilities or problems with my setup?"
Lenovo L420 (i5-2520M, 8 Gig RAM) - Win7 Prof 64Bit - Loader Versions see Bundles. With "sby loader pack 5", i tried the SDTDialogueActionsv4.01.swf Version. Others see Bundle.
  • "I've tried copying the entire SDT folder from my old computer to my new one, but it doesn't work. If I manually re-download the Loader package and each of my favorite mods then it seems to work, but this is very time-consuming. Can anyone explain why -- or suggest a faster approach?"
I Didint Copy the older Files of my Computer. I downloaded them Fresh from here.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Could not load "sby loader pack 5" with the debugger, but "Slingerbult's Loader Dialogues" could load and threw out:
Why couldn't you run sby's loader pack through the debugger? Please remember that "<x> didn't work" or "<y> didn't load" is not useful feedback. We need details in order to help you. Example:

"I dragged and dropped Loader.swf onto the Flash Player window but nothing seemed to happen."

"I tried to drag-drop the sby Loader folder onto the Flash Player window and it instantly crashed."

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at obj.dialogue::Dialogue/startSpeakingPhrase_l()
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at Modules::lProxy/forwardMethod()
at LineTypeManager/buildDialogueStates()[E:\Programming\SDTDialogueActions\src\LineTypeManager.as:72]
at Main/doCheck()[E:\Programming\SDTDialogueActions\src\Main.as:146]
at Loader_fla::MainTimeline/fps()
This exception indicates that the dialogueActions mod is being loaded. It's encountering a problem because the dialog logic has reached an unstable or indeterminate state.

This can sometimes occur because the game has loaded a custom dialogue file before dialogueActions is ready. The most obvious reason is because there's a custom dialogue file which has persisted since the previous game session, and has been carried over into the current session.

Suggested fix:
  1. Start the game (run Loader.swf)
  2. Immediately open the game menu and click the RESET button. Do not wait for all of the mods to load. Do not allow the girl to speak.
    • This will reset the custom dialog.
  3. Close the menu and allow all of your mods to load.
  4. Allow the girl to speak. Verify that she's able to speak normal lines (of generic dialog) without crashing the game or throwing exceptions.
  5. Open the menu and try to load your custom dialog file.
  6. If errors persist (or new errors arise) then report them in this thread and we'll investigate further.

SDT-FAN

Potential Patron
Why couldn't you run sby's loader pack through the debugger? Please remember that "<x> didn't work" or "<y> didn't load" is not useful feedback. We need details in order to help you. Example:

"I dragged and dropped Loader.swf onto the Flash Player window but nothing seemed to happen."
nothing seemed to happen is more useful than didn't load?! Because nothing really happend. So, i load the .swf and nothing seemed to happen.
"I tried to drag-drop the sby Loader folder onto the Flash Player window and it instantly crashed."
If it had crashed , I would have certainly mentioned

Suggested fix:
  1. Start the game (run Loader.swf)
  2. Immediately open the game menu and click the RESET button. Do not wait for all of the mods to load. Do not allow the girl to speak.
    • This will reset the custom dialog.
  3. Close the menu and allow all of your mods to load.
  4. Allow the girl to speak. Verify that she's able to speak normal lines (of generic dialog) without crashing the game or throwing exceptions.
  5. Open the menu and try to load your custom dialog file.
  6. If errors persist (or new errors arise) then report them in this thread and we'll investigate further.
I do not know whether your proposal has helped alone because it has not helped in time between when I expected it . But now it works again . For whatever reason.

Thanks for your help and your patience !

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.