Character Folders stopped working. (1 Viewer)

Hank East

Content Creator
For some reason my character folders, which all worked before, have ceased to work. When I click on them absolutely nothing happens and not even mods such as switchSet get loaded in. Is there any possible reason for this or am I simply unlucky?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
you could upload your loader folder with the special $ mod folders, and maybe a few character folders that don't seem to work anymore

Hank East

Content Creator
Do you need my entire loader folder or just the character folders + my $ folders? Cuz I think my entire loader folder is far too big to upload + has some personal stuff in it because I'm a very organised person /s

sby

Content Creator
Coder
essentially, if you can provide the least amount of files and still produce the error, i can work from there, don't need a bunch of extra files xD.

some important things:
loader settings file
loader settings folder
$ folders
some broken character folders along with the characterfolders.txt
(assume latest loader.swf and sdt.swf, don't need those)

should be less than 20 megs unless you got loads of thumbnails or something

DrZombi

Content Creator
I've already experienced this kind of problem myself. Don't know if you're facing the same problem but I did resolve it by deleting all the Adobe Flash cache. If you're using MS Windows, you can do that here: (will try to translate the Windows menus but I don't have a US Windows so...):

Control Panel -> Flash (32 bits) -> Erase All ..... -> Advanced (Tab) -> Erase All.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I've already experienced this kind of problem myself. Don't know if you're facing the same problem but I did resolve it by deleting all the Adobe Flash cache. If you're using MS Windows, you can do that here: (will try to translate the Windows menus but I don't have a US Windows so...):

Control Panel -> Flash (32 bits) -> Erase All ..... -> Advanced (Tab) -> Erase All.
sounds like you might want to do a char save backup before doing this if you have characters that are saved in the in-game style

DrZombi

Content Creator
sounds like you might want to do a char save backup before doing this if you have characters that are saved in the in-game style

Yes you're right, I forgot to mention that all of DialogueActions variables in the SAVE NAMESPACE are in this cache. This can be important for Weewillie's or Slingerbult's dialogues for example.

Hank East

Content Creator
Hello! So after a bunch of testing, I think the problem boiled down to, weirdly enough, togglemousehold. After testing out the mods i had in my Mods.txt file one by one, the one which caused my folders not to work was that mod. I have no idea how it would break it but it's the only thing I can think of. Sorry for seemingly ignoring my own thread for so long :P

sby

Content Creator
Coder
there is a toggle mouse hold mod?

i thought it was just a loader hotkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.