Is it normal for not all of the mods in a character folder to load in at once? (1 Viewer)

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
I've been struggling very hard to get one of my character folders working. I've now gotten it to the point where it mostly works, except that not all the mods load, so I have to click several times to get them to all load. Sometimes I am lucky and all the mods do load, but usually, they don't. Is this expected behavior, because I can't seem to solve the issue of not all mods loading first try.

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
I use ModGuy's mod loader by the way, and I've already tried uploading all my files to sby's loader and it doesn't work any better. Also, the reason I don’t have the stopcodeglobal mod in my mods.txt even though I have the mod is because it won’t let me switch to another character besides LisaLisa when I use her if I turn on the mod.

Thank you for all the help The Hacker Known As Snow The Hacker Known As Snow

Attachments

New folder (3).zip
22.8 MB · Views: 118

Last edited:

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
There where three issues:

1) for LisaLisa the RGB Paladin Ringlets.swf are just broken so the hair fails to load after, removing RGB Paladin Ringlets.swf fixes the issue
I figured this out because sometimes parts to charter folder fail to load so just clicking fixes it. Since everything else loaded it had to be the bracelets
2) for Widow Hulk_V2.swf is just broken and permanently breaks your game, removing it fixes the issue.
I figured this out because no matter how many times I clicked the loader reset button the legs and hulk penis wouldn't reset

3) and this is the most important!!

You must sanitize your character code.txt files! When loading parts of your character threw your Mods.txt you must remove them from code.txt. You must remove the swfmod: at the end of the character code.

remove:
BGs

Hairs
Collars for shirts that have them

footwear
and swf mods

Would you like me to upload the fixed loader package put inside Sby's pack? Do you want SDTL2 as well?? SDTL 2

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
There where three issues:

1) for LisaLisa the RGB Paladin Ringlets.swf are just broken so the hair fails to load after, removing RGB Paladin Ringlets.swf fixes the issue
I figured this out because sometimes parts to charter folder fail to load so just clicking fixes it. Since everything else loaded it had to be the bracelets
2) for Widow Hulk_V2.swf is just broken and permanently breaks your game, removing it fixes the issue.
I figured this out because no matter how many times I clicked the loader reset button the legs and hulk penis wouldn't reset

3) and this is the most important!!

You must sanitize your character code.txt files! When loading parts of your character threw your Mods.txt you must remove them from code.txt. You must remove the swfmod: at the end of the character code.

remove:
BGs

Hairs
Collars for shirts that have them

footwear
and swf mods

Would you like me to upload the fixed loader package put inside Sby's pack? Do you want SDTL2 as well?? SDTL 2
Is the broken mods the fault of the creators, or is it something I did? Also, what does the fixed loader package do? By the way, I saw someone use both the Paladin Ringlets & Hair & Strapped Heels at the same time on this post by Hank East

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Also, what does the fixed loader package do?
Its just the folder you sent me but fixed, I put it inside Sby's pack and I can put that inside SDTL2 of you like, its no problem.

I saw someone use both the Paladin Ringlets & Hair & Strapped Heels at the same time on this post by Hank East
Its an isolation mod as far as I can tell, could be an issue with other system mods or updates to them I'll report the issues soon.

edit: nvm I adjusted the load order some more and got the Paladin Ringlets to work

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Its just the folder you sent me but fixed, I put it inside Sby's pack and I can put that inside SDTL2 of you like, its no problem.

Its an isolation mod as far as I can tell, could be an issue with other system mods or updates to them I'll report the issues soon.

edit: nvm I adjusted the load order some more and got the Paladin Ringlets to work
Nah, I prefer ModGuy's loader pack, much more simple. Is there any benefit to using sby's loader pack besides the preinstalled mods?
I have also adjusted the load order to get the ringlets to work, but when the ringlets work, the strapped heels stop working.
Were you able to make it so that all 3 components work? The hair, heels, ringlets?

Also, what does SDTL2 do?

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Were you able to make it so that all 3 components work?
Hair.swf
RGB Strapped Heels.swf
RGB Paladin Ringlets.swf

is how I have it

Also, what does SDTL2 do?

Is there any benefit to using sby's loader pack besides the preinstalled mods?
It comes with animtools and more clothing preconfigured

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Hair.swf
RGB Strapped Heels.swf
RGB Paladin Ringlets.swf

is how I have it

It comes with animtools and more clothing preconfigured

I tried your ordering, but it isn't working, this is what I have

The yellow shoes are vanilla ones from the ingame menu, not modded shoes

Only the hair loaded

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Make sure you don't have any spelling mistakes in your mods.txt

Again, you must sanitize your character code.txt files! Remove the footwear in the character code.
I copied your Mods.txt folder directly in to replace mine, so no spelling errors, and I removed the shoes and it still doesn't work. Can you attach your working folder here? Thanks

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
It may take several clicks on the character folder for all mods to appear.

Absolutely. The game really sucks for new people. I hope to fix that.
The several-click thing for all the mods to appear was the issue I wanted to fix in the first place. So it is normal for it to take several clicks on the icon to get all parts to load in?

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
That is not normal.

Upload your loader folder and I'll take a look. I'd say you've been changing too many settings and left something else messed up.

So, what did you think I meant by my first message?

Well it looks like the problem was unsolvable from the very beginning.

I really appreciate that you took the time to help me out though, and for that you have my eternal gratitude.

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Okay, so in conclusion, everything is working fine and it is alright if all the mods don't load in first click as long as they load after a couple more clicks, right?

Also, would you like me to make you a static hair?

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Okay, so in conclusion, everything is working fine and it is alright if all the mods don't load in first click as long as they load after a couple more clicks, right?
yeah the hulk mod is crazy old its just broken, and if you deleted unnecessary things from your code.txt everything should be working like you said.

I'm not sure the exact reason, but you'll notice the main stage go forward a tick each time your click a character folder, for some reason not all mods load but a few clicks gets you there in the end.

Also, would you like me to make you a static hair?
Oh hell yes. I'll DM you later

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.