Black Desert Online Modding Tools (2 Viewers)

City

Potential Patron
It is command line utility, you need to run it from command prompt with arguments.

Open command prompt as administrator (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to run Task Manager, then File - Run new task - type "cmd", tick "create this task with administrative priviledges", click ok.). Commands you'll need to enter:

1) change active folder to BDO ads folder (make sure that you're using correct path, it could be different on your computer, for example steam version is installed in different folder):
Code:
c:
cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\ads"

2) Decrypt languagedata_en.loc file to readable format:
Code:
BDO_decrypt.exe languagedata_en.loc languagedata_en.txt

First off, thanks for having patience with me. Not pc savy to say the least. I got this message in the prompt "BDO_decrypt <encrypt file> <output file>. I then proceeded to edit the file via notepad++, but the same unreadable codex is still present.

My cmd looked like this

E:\
E:cd "e:\Program Files (x86)\ads" (Quotations and all)

e:\Program Files (x86)\adsBDO_decrypt.exe languagedata_en.loc language_en.txt

Last edited:
B

boris0070

Hello, guys.
First of all, thank to you with creating modding tools for BDO.
I have some questions for my works.

I am using 3ds max 2018 for modifying armor model. It can't open converted dae. files.
Someone said in this thread that i should have used 3ds max 2017.
But, 2017 can't still open those. (can do that with 3D converter)
I think the converter has a problem with doing process.

Here is the second question.
Can't i still change armors with any other game's that?
I wanna change starting armor to 2B's one (Nier: Automata).
I have texture files with 2B.
Is it right modifying texture with pab. file?

I wish whoever built some scripts for 3ds max with modding BDO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Hello, guys.
First of all, thank to you with creating modding tools for BDO.
I have some questions for my works.

I am using 3ds max 2018 for modifying armor model. It can't open converted dae. files.
Someone said in this thread that i should have used 3ds max 2017.
But, 2017 can't still open those. (can do that with 3D converter)
I think the converter has a problem with doing process.

Here is the second question.
Can't i still change armors with any other game's that?
I wanna change starting armor to 2B's one (Nier: Automata).
I have texture files with 2B.
Is it right modifying texture with pab. file?

I wish whoever built some scripts for 3ds max with modding BDO.

Hmm that is strange. You are using pac tool to get the DAE yes? Then you import into 3Ds Max 2017?
You can send me the file and I can try it. What process are you using to get the DAE?

A few have figured out how to put models from other games into Black Desert. Seems it it not easy and they are still working out the kinks.
I just barely got my first modified model working in the game.
Once I figure everything out I plan on making a tutorial. it is slow going though because I work full time and do not have a lot of time to work on modding.

AtmaDarkwolf

Potential Patron
If this has been asked, I apologize, could u point me where?

Anyways, I recently had to replace harddrives, and now meta injector fails to find backup, and when run, it fails to patch any files (I am attempting to hide/make invisible the sails on personal ships)

( https://www.undertow.club/attachments/ships2-zip.64174/?temp_hash=bdb11bace78ac1d275e206ef34361541 - only attempting to inject the 'sail' named items, 9 files total)

I think it's because of how they re-sized the files, I can't get this or the nude mod to work anymore, could someone be patient enough to explain what I am doing wrong? (or is there a new improved way to remove sails?)

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
If this has been asked, I apologize, could u point me where?

Anyways, I recently had to replace harddrives, and now meta injector fails to find backup, and when run, it fails to patch any files (I am attempting to hide/make invisible the sails on personal ships)

( https://www.undertow.club/attachments/ships2-zip.64174/?temp_hash=bdb11bace78ac1d275e206ef34361541 - only attempting to inject the 'sail' named items, 9 files total)

I think it's because of how they re-sized the files, I can't get this or the nude mod to work anymore, could someone be patient enough to explain what I am doing wrong? (or is there a new improved way to remove sails?)

Always keep a hard copy of the latest pad00000.meta file so you can manually restore it.
I recommend a fresh install of the game, and after keep a hard copy of meta file after every patch.
Its possible they changed the name of the sails, though not sure why they would.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Well I can confirmMeta Injector for NA after today's patch no longer works.

It seems to leave any edited textures invisable. The model I edited is working somewhat (cat ears), but the fur fringe returned for some reason.
2-7-18-patch-doom.png

It is a sad day.

On a side note I can not find my screen shots anymore. No idea if they changed to location, or if its even related to the mod.

Terix3

Swell Supporter
MI works the files do get patched without error but the game refuses to load the textures for whatever reason. Much like if you try to patch in combination xml that would result in game crash.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
New version of MetaInjector release by UndercoverPervert that fix those problems:

Instructions:
1 - Download the new MetaInjector from here: Meta Injector
2 - Download the BDOToolkit from here: BDO Toolkit
3 - Extract both the MetaInjector and the BDOToolkit zip file to your "PAZ\" folder, which is located inside your installation folder.
4 - Run "BDOToolkit Installer.exe" from the folder you extracted it.
5 - After installing the toolkit, create a folder inside this "PAZ\" folder and name it: files_to_patch (it has to be exactly that)
6 - Put all your modified files in the "files_to_patch" folder.
7 - Run "MetaInjector.exe"

Last edited:

anthonyl

Potential Patron
New version of MetaInjector release by UndercoverPervert that fix those problems:

Instructions:
1 - Download the new MetaInjector from here: Meta Injector
2 - Download the BDOToolkit from here: BDO Toolkit
3 - Extract both the MetaInjector and the BDOToolkit zip file to your "PAZ\" folder, which is located inside your installation folder.
4 - Run "BDOToolkit Installer.exe" from the folder you extracted it.
5 - After installing the toolkit, create a folder inside this "PAZ\" folder and name it: files_to_patch (it has to be exactly that)
6 - Put all your modified files in the "files_to_patch" folder.
7 - Run "MetaInjector.exe"
Thanks for updating metainjector, BlackFire
However, i met a problem when i used the latest version of the metainjector.
It showed an error message about system running out of memory and shut down immediately.
Here comes the photo.
1.png
May i ask that how can this problem be solved?
p.s. 例外?況means unhandled exception; 於means at; 已發生類型means type of error happened

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Thanks for updating metainjector, BlackFire
However, i met a problem when i used the latest version of the metainjector.
It showed an error message about system running out of memory and shut down immediately.
Here comes the photo.
View attachment 69703
May i ask that how can this problem be solved?
p.s. 例外?況means unhandled exception; 於means at; 已發生類型means type of error happened
Try running it as admin.
If it doesn't work, restore the backup for one that has the file version in the end.
For example pad00000[2018-02-08][1904].meta.backup

anthonyl

Potential Patron
Try running it as admin.
If it doesn't work, restore the backup for one that has the file version in the end.
For example pad00000[2018-02-08][1904].meta.backup
Thanks for the suggestion.
However, the same error occurred although i restore the backup and open the program as admin.
I wonder whether it is the problem of setting the limit of memory capacity?
As I tried to partially input the mod files into four times (in total of 1200 files), the error message was only shown during the third time of input (after inputting around 600 files).
Further, there is one line of error message indicating that 於 system.10.Memory stream.set_Capcity (Int32 value)

anthonyl

Potential Patron
Thanks for the suggestion.
However, the same error occurred although i restore the backup and open the program as admin.
I wonder whether it is the problem of setting the limit of memory capacity?
As I tried to partially input the mod files into four times (in total of 1200 files), the error message was only shown during the third time of input (after inputting around 600 files).
Further, there is one line of error message indicating that 於 system.10.Memory stream.set_Capcity (Int32 value)
Finally, I found the problem that some files of my mod was corrupted.
This may be the reason why the meta injector closed down.
However, there is another problem.
After using latest version of meta injector to inject the mod files into PAZ folder, the launcher replace the files before entering the game.
Is there any solutions for this problem?

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Finally, I found the problem that some files of my mod was corrupted.
This may be the reason why the meta injector closed down.
However, there is another problem.
After using latest version of meta injector to inject the mod files into PAZ folder, the launcher replace the files before entering the game.
Is there any solutions for this problem?
Use Restore N' Patch from: BDO Toolkit - A .NET modding library for Black Desert Online

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
May I ask that where should i put the Restore N' Patch in?
If I put the Patch in "Paz" file and run the program, the program showed an error massage "Could not find the Black Desert Online Launcher".
So, does this mean that I need to put the patch in the folder with "BlackDesert64.exe"?
Try this:
r5ee9dZ.png
slsCr6K.png
SDSrBUq.png

Right click Drag to create a shot cut(右クリックでドラッグしてショットカットを作成)
8kAzhya.png

Right-click the shortcut and open the property from the pop-up menu(ショートカットを右クリックでポップアップメニューの中からプロパティを開く)
ADv7sKX.png

Link destination
Add "[halfwidth space] -idle" at the end(リンク先 末尾に「半角スペース -idle」を書き加える)
Finally OK or apply         (最後にOKか適用)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.