Black Desert Online Modding Tools (3 Viewers)

Unhallowed

Potential Patron
No, you don't need anything like that. Xigncode doesn't check data files, it checks only running programs and game executables.
well... thx. but they said this to me :

GM
Greetings Adventurer,

You have reached Pearl Abyss Customer Support. This is GM Epheria and it would be a pleasure to help you with your concern.

We understand that you are inquiring about the use of third-party programs. Regarding with this matter, please be informed that we do not condone the use of Third-Party programs as it will result in permanent suspension of your account.

"Use of Illegal Programs and Macros" refers to the following:

• (1) act of using the computer programs macros, devices, or equipment (hereinafter referred to as "Illegal programs") that disables the technological protection of the service or disrupt the normal operation of the service.

Example) An act of using the programs and macros that enable members to perform any actions that require a member's direct operation without the member’s operation.
Example) An act of using the programs and macros that enable a simple operation of the action that requires a member to operate through multiple steps by omitting some of the steps.
Example) An act of using the programs and macros that enable the actions that a normal member is not allowed to perform due to restrictions made by the game system and game client program.
Example) An act of using the programs and macros that enable a member to view or change the contents of a client or server program.
Example) An act of using the programs and macros that enables a member to access multiple accounts simultaneously on a single PC

•※ If a user uses "Illegal program" while using multiple accounts at the same time on a single PC, "Use of Illegal Programs " will be applied to all the accounts accessed at that time.

If you have more concern, feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,

GM Epheria
Pearl Abyss Customer Support Team

he said that "An act of using the programs and macros that enable a member to view or change the contents of a client or server program." so... how can they know if we change our bdo files (Mod) ?

xXDanger

Potential Patron
Illegal programs and macros are applications that basically interact with the game-process itself to automate tasks/actions and/or give you unfair advantage over other players, e.g. bots. If they don't check the integrity of their game client then they won't ever detect if you've modified anything. Of course, if you modify character data to skip animations and attack faster or what not, then they'll notice this on their server-side and you'll get caught.

So in short: Modding the client to change skins doesn't count as a macro/third-party program.
Obviously, it's still not allowed by their ToS but as long as they have no means of detecting said changes, you won't have problems.

---------------------------------
Does anyone know how to find out which object/models are used in a certain region? I'm trying to find certain building pieces but can't figure out which ones are actually used and where they are even stored. All I know is the region where this stuff is seen ingame..

Last edited:

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
I don't think I'll do any more work on my PAC conversion tool, but here's the source code if anyone wants to build on it or take code from it: MEGA

Sorry about some of the code being a bit messy. There's a couple of major flaws with the code. I should have made an importer for FBX rather than DAE as FBX seems to be better supported by 3D modelling suites. Also, the TBN generation could be a lot better. I was planning on checking out the UE4 source code to see how they handle TBNs.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
I don't think I'll do any more work on my PAC conversion tool, but here's the source code if anyone wants to build on it or take code from it: MEGA

Sorry about some of the code being a bit messy. There's a couple of major flaws with the code. I should have made an importer for FBX rather than DAE as FBX seems to be better supported by 3D modelling suites. Also, the TBN generation could be a lot better. I was planning on checking out the UE4 source code to see how they handle TBNs.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to work on it further. Could we bribe you with donations? Cookies? Hugs? lol
Thanks for sharing the source code, hopefully someone can pick up where you left off. I wish I had such skills.
Take care, and thanks for giving us the tool to begin with! It may be flawed, but it does work with some extra effort and workarounds.

darksidezzz

Potential Patron
It is command line utility, you need to run it from command prompt with arguments.

Open command prompt as administrator (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to run Task Manager, then File - Run new task - type "cmd", tick "create this task with administrative priviledges", click ok.). Commands you'll need to enter:

1) change active folder to BDO ads folder (make sure that you're using correct path, it could be different on your computer, for example steam version is installed in different folder):
Code:
c:
cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\ads"

2) Decrypt languagedata_en.loc file to readable format:
Code:
BDO_decrypt.exe languagedata_en.loc languagedata_en.txt

Hello, it's not working( Can you update this tools?

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Hello, it's not working( Can you update this tools?
Since the last patch language files (ads/*.loc) use new compression/encryption method and I currently have no idea how to extract texts from them. It means that until someone finds out how to decompress new .loc files, I won't be able to update BDOcrypt tool.

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Since the last patch language files (ads/*.loc) use new compression/encryption method and I currently have no idea how to extract texts from them. It means that until someone finds out how to decompress new .loc files, I won't be able to update BDOcrypt tool.
I found out that new .loc file is compressed using ZLIB (first 4 bytes are header - size of uncompressed file in bytes and rest of the file are compressed data). However extracted file is not usual .txt file, but .bss file.

If you want to try extract data from the file, you can use for example Offzip tool:
Code:
offzip -a languagedata_en.loc . 4

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
I made a little batch file. This batch file is able to unpack and pack.
The file ".bss" perfectly opens in any text editor. I recommend using notepad ++

I used the dd.exe program to remove the first 4 bytes. And the program zdrop.exe, to unpack and pack.
dd - chrysocome.net - dd for windows
zdrop - https://forums.majorgeeks.com/threads/z ... st-1541986
Editing in text editor will be a bit difficult. Each string in .bss file has 16 byte long binary "header" where 1st 4 bytes are length (number of characters in string). If you change text string, you'll have to edit its length.

Item in old .txt file:
Code:
39   105558   1400   0   2   [교환] 검은 정수 - 아디스   [EXC] Black Essence: Addis   Current

Item in new .bss format:
Code:
1A 00 00 00 27 00 00 00 56 9C 01 00 78 05 00 02 |                 | header
5B 00 45 00 58 00 43 00 5D 00 20 00 42 00 6C 00 | [ E X C ]   B l | text
61 00 63 00 6B 00 20 00 45 00 73 00 73 00 65 00 | a c k   E s s e |
6E 00 63 00 65 00 3A 00 20 00 41 00 64 00 64 00 | n c e :   A d d |
69 00 73 00 00 00 00 00                         | i s             | + 4 zero bytes

Header:
1A 00 00 00 = 26 / number of characters (UNICODE, 2 bytes per character)
27 00 00 00 = 39 / string type, in this case 39 is used for dialogs
56 9C 01 00 = 105558 = attribute 1, dialogs use 1st 2 bytes of this number as character ID and 2nd 2 bytes as dialog ID
78 05 = 1400 / attribute 2
00 = 0 / attribute 3
02 = 2 / attribute 4 (here 2 means button name)

S

salmuera

I have decoded the languagedata_es file using the methods here and opened the file open with notepad++

7hkIdXP.png

Do I need to do something else to see the file correctly ?

PS: first post, hello everyone :)

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Thank you. Will you update your program "ReplaceLanguage"?
Updated:
AMGarkin/ReplaceLanguage

There are still issues with BDOcrypt - sometimes is converted file incomplete. To avoid this issue make sure that you use .txt files with Windows-like end of line characters (CR+LF, 0x000D+0x000A), not just LF as it is used in UNIX systems.

EDIT: BDOcrypt is fixed now (v2.1), it supports Windows (CR+LF), UNIX (LF) and MacOS (CR) EOLs.

Last edited:

buzarini

Potential Patron
Hey. Is it possible to add more aggressive compression? I made a Russian patch for the Japanese server, but the size exceeds the original. And I need to compress, so that the size was smaller than the original, in order to score with zeros through the hex editor. I had to use zdrop, which has a 2 level compression, but it's not enough. Although zdrop squeezed better, but I had to cut 20 bytes to fit the size of the original.

russian patch - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ljp0izva4so ... 4oW0a?dl=1

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Hey. Is it possible to add more aggressive compression? I made a Russian patch for the Japanese server, but the size exceeds the original. And I need to compress, so that the size was smaller than the original, in order to score with zeros through the hex editor. I had to use zdrop, which has a 2 level compression, but it's not enough. Although zdrop squeezed better, but I had to cut 20 bytes to fit the size of the original.

russian patch - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ljp0izva4so ... 4oW0a?dl=1
Zlib compression uses levels 0 - 9, where 0 is uncompressed (Z_NO_COMPRESSION), 1 is fastest (Z_BEST_SPEED), 9 is the best (Z_BEST_COMPRESSION). Default compression level is 6.

Game uses Z_BEST_SPEED. In first version of my tools (see BDOcrypt-alpha.zip a few posts back) I have used Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION. However I got complains that file is not identical with original, so I have changed compression level to Z_BEST_SPEED.

And yes, it is possible to use different compression level, just replace Z_BEST_SPEED with any number between 0 and 9 on this line in source code:
Code:
int result = compress2(pCompressedData, &compressedSize, pUncompressedData, uncompressedSize, Z_BEST_SPEED);

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Okay so I discovered an issue with Sorceress hairstyle 11.

Now this issue exists in the vanilla game and I want to figure out how to fix it, if possible.
All hairstyles cast a custom shadow on the character face/neck. For some reason the Sorceress style 11 is messed up.
when you put that hair style on it makes a sharp cut off shadow on the jaw line on the left side and adds some weird lines to the chin.

Anyone have any idea how I could fix this? I tried to see if there was a texture file for the hair shadows, but found no such file.
Is it perhaps built into the mesh?

I made a gif to show the issue compared to another hairstyle that does not have the problem.

sorc-hair11-problems.gif

Massa

Potential Patron
I added a model from the skyrim, it is displayed in the game, but the position does not save what is wrong

Attachments

• 2018-05-22 (1)_LI.jpg
    2018-05-22 (1)_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 166
  • 2018-05-22_LI.jpg
    2018-05-22_LI.jpg
    1,010 KB · Views: 162

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator

For some reason I didn't get a notification from this thread. Cheers for the code, would make it easier to implement conversion support in my WIP tool.

What steps are you using when extracting the .bss files? Raw extraction? That'd be a weird exception when every other file in the game is encrypted with ICE and then possibly compressed, but then again it would be weirder if they used the previous compression on top of zlib...

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
What steps are you using when extracting the .bss files? Raw extraction? That'd be a weird exception when every other file in the game is encrypted with ICE and then possibly compressed, but then again it would be weirder if they used the previous compression on top of zlib...
It's just zlib compression, no other encryption involved.
First 4 bytes in .loc file are uncompressed length, rest of the file are zlib compressed data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.