Black Desert Online Modding Tools (1 Viewer)

Vallil

Swell Supporter
Who else is super excited for Ansel for BDO? For those who do not know what that is, it is an AWESOME screenshot mode made by Nvidia. I absolutely can not wait! This will allow for some LEGIT in game photography like never before! Granted BDO does have a nice screenshot mode on its own, this will just take it up a notch! So excited!
is this nvidia gpu only? i've seen some stuff and it does look great and since i'll start building a new system soon would be nice to know

Boss

Potential Patron
Anyone else run across this? The texture develops a shine after modifying the Lod0.dae in blender and repacking it into the .pac. Have had this happen alot. (Hopefully its just a setting i am missing):
7EZXpZQ.jpg

I am also having a transparency issue at certain distances, maybe the lod1 is messing up or something? (Skirt becomes solid black (less transparency) vs having a transparency at certain distances) :
RTf5dim.png

When zoomed all the way out, the skirt is solid black.

Last edited:

City

Potential Patron
Greetings

First off, I am far from a modding savant. I am uncertain if this is the place for this, but does anyone know if there are tools here to change the names of items or menus?

I am aware gamers have change character names, as-well as items in mmo such as DBZ Xenoverse via hex editing. Was wondering if something similar could be done for BDO. Also, is it a mod to play without the zodiac system? Or would that be game breaking?

nickson555

Content Creator
Ignoring armour clipping.
Is it possible to replace PEW mesh with PDW mesh?
There is also thigh physics on PDW mesh
PDW mesh is much smoother than PEW mesh when u enlarge the hips/boobs in game using body slider.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Ignoring armour clipping.
Is it possible to replace PEW mesh with PDW mesh?
There is also thigh physics on PDW mesh
PDW mesh is much smoother than PEW mesh when u enlarge the hips/boobs in game using body slider.

I wish. The PEW breasts are square and the cleavage is so awkward looking.

nickson555

Content Creator
I wish. The PEW breasts are square and the cleavage is so awkward looking.
If we know how to replace pew mesh with pdw mesh, then we can replace phw mesh with pdw mesh
Which means we can have thigh physics on all the female classes(except tamer)!!!
Because all the other female class are using phw mesh

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
If we know how to replace pew mesh with pdw mesh, then we can replace phw mesh with pdw mesh
Which means we can have thigh physics on all the female classes(except tamer)!!!
It is possible to replace it. However, the parts of the foot must be precisely aligned. Because it wears a fitting stocking. Or if you replace the stocking body mesh, You will solve it

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
It is possible to replace it. However, the parts of the foot must be precisely aligned. Because it wears a fitting stocking. Or if you replace the stocking body mesh, You will solve it
gXdC637.png
Rf0O0kd.gif

First we load two bodies.
For easy understanding, put color on PEW mesh.
Next, select PDW with all vertex, edges or faces.
Turn off the axis of symmetry.
Scale the whole. Since it expands evenly, adjust the height by using the movement according to it's foot.
Finally, adjust it's hand or neck with fine adjustment.

When importing, change the bone to pew_01.pab.
that's all.

PS: If it is troublesome to fine-tune it, it may be faster to adjust the bone.
Please read the bones of the ranger and correct it.
However, it is necessary to match the vertex that connect with the head.
Move to the vertex using the magnet function to match.

Last edited:

nickson555

Content Creator
gXdC637.png
Rf0O0kd.gif

Scale the whole. Since it expands evenly, adjust the height by using the movement according to it's foot.

that's all.

Thx...
I will try this once I have time

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Greetings

First off, I am far from a modding savant. I am uncertain if this is the place for this, but does anyone know if there are tools here to change the names of items or menus?

I am aware gamers have change character names, as-well as items in mmo such as DBZ Xenoverse via hex editing. Was wondering if something similar could be done for BDO. Also, is it a mod to play without the zodiac system? Or would that be game breaking?
Texts are stored in <game folder>\ads\languagedata_en.loc.

You'll need tools to decrypt/encrypt text files (BDOcrypt - source, compiled) and then you can edit them using text editor such as Notepad++ or using some kind of spreadsheet editor. With spreadsheet editor you'll need to take extra care to export data back to the same text format (tab separated, UTF-8, no BOM).

Decrypted file contains the following tab separated data:
Code:
type   ID1   ID2   ID3   ID4   korean_text   localized_text   version   optional:note
You'll need to change only "localized_text" part, everything else should remain the same as in original.

Items have type 0, ID1 is an item ID which can be found for example in Black Desert Database - Ogre Ring item ID 11607 (Ogre Ring - Black Desert Database 1.0), and there are 3 lines describing items - name (ID4 = 0), tooltip text (ID4 = 1), additional info (ID4 = 2, you can ignore this line, it's not displayed anywhere).
Code:
0   11607   0   0   0   오우거의 반지   Ogre Ring   Current
0   11607   0   0   1   오우거의 강한 힘이 느껴지는 목걸이\n오우거 반지는 커다란 크기 때문에 다른 종족들의 목걸이로 애용된다.\n동일한 목걸이로 잠재력 돌파가 가능하지만, 실패할 경우에는 모두 사라진다.   A necklace that contains the overwhelming energy of an Ogre.\nOgre rings tend to be so large that other races often use them as necklaces.\nIt can be Enhanced with the same type of necklace, but if Enhancement fails, both will be lost.   Current
0   11607   0   0   2   <null>   <null>   Calpheon

Last edited:

Terix3

Swell Supporter
gXdC637.png
Rf0O0kd.gif

that's all.

Hope others will have more luck, for me mesh ends up being distorted as i increase sliders.

Lihime

Potential Patron
Last Thursday(not today) KR server had a big update to reduce the whole client size;40->27GB
I didn't check at that time, but the paz browser 1.4b can't extract the whole files by crash or error. Furthermore, it gets stuck when extracting specific files because of missing files(in that case I can press enter to keep extracting)
But Meta Injector works fine.

ojtlxelk

Potential Patron
Not sure if this is the right thread but here goes.
I'm trying to make some textures partially transparent but I don't seem to be having any luck.
Testing with opaque and already partially transparent items. (Witch Rakshande upper body, lower body. Willow cloak(skirt), Charles Rene lower body.)
Painting grey tones to the alpha channel only seems to be changing the colour lightness on opaque items, and it sometimes removes the transparency on already translucent items. Painting darker than about 80% grey goes completely transparent on opaque items, and sometimes on translucent ones.
Using black makes the texture completely transparent as expected, but it's not what I want to achieve. Partial transparency is obviously possible - witch willow & charles rene etc have translucent parts, and the transparent kibelius mod works.
I'm exporting as DXT5 and I've tried photoshop and paint.net to see if it was an export issue.
Am I missing something here? Is there another file controlling whether or not to discard alpha information?
transptexture.jpg

Lihime

Potential Patron
Not sure if this is the right thread but here goes.
I'm trying to make some textures partially transparent but I don't seem to be having any luck.
Testing with opaque and already partially transparent items. (Witch Rakshande upper body, lower body. Willow cloak(skirt), Charles Rene lower body.)
Painting grey tones to the alpha channel only seems to be changing the colour lightness on opaque items, and it sometimes removes the transparency on already translucent items. Painting darker than about 80% grey goes completely transparent on opaque items, and sometimes on translucent ones.
Using black makes the texture completely transparent as expected, but it's not what I want to achieve. Partial transparency is obviously possible - witch willow & charles rene etc have translucent parts, and the transparent kibelius mod works.
I'm exporting as DXT5 and I've tried photoshop and paint.net to see if it was an export issue.
Am I missing something here? Is there another file controlling whether or not to discard alpha information?
View attachment 67654
Some textures are transparent but others are not.
I've tried the same thing with a different texture, but you can't change opaque one into translucent.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
I am failing at learning 3DSmax or Maya. I was taking online class, but I just forget everything quickly because there is so many steps and so much information at once.

Blender does not work for modding BDO, and I don't think its any easier to learn. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I wish there was a tutorial that just taught the parts I need to know to mod BDO, because learning the entire program from the ground up is just beyond my brain power.

mstk

Potential Patron
Reduced client size was not good for us. I'm using game icon from inside of client for website, but lost a lot of icons from this update.

How does the game get the "lost" data now? From binary files? Or downloading from server?

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Reduced client size was not good for us. I'm using game icon from inside of client for website, but lost a lot of icons from this update.

How does the game get the "lost" data now? From binary files? Or downloading from server?
What do you mean by lost icons? I am worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.