Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

burom

Master of this Domain
Streets of Rage 4 is out:

Other than level 3 boss Nora (24:56) there's also non-boss versions on level 11 (Queen in green, Belle in yellow, Stiletto in black) at 1:35:40.

Screenshot (18).png Screenshot (19).png Screenshot (20).png

There's also some concept art (Gallery: Take A Look At The Streets Of Rage 4 Characters That Didn't Make The Cut):

streets-of-rage-4.original.jpg

And the soundtrack cover:

EWI9ywxUwAATHTd.jpg

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
None of them do

the thing

Which is a bummer. The screaming and falling to the ground after a punch was well remembered.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Other than level 3 boss Nora (24:56) there's also non-boss versions on level 11 (Queen in green, Belle in yellow, Stiletto in black) at 1:35:40.

View attachment 105277View attachment 105278View attachment 105279

There's also some concept art (Gallery: Take A Look At The Streets Of Rage 4 Characters That Didn't Make The Cut):

And the soundtrack cover:

EWI9ywxUwAATHTd.jpg

That unused Yakuza/thug girl with sunglasses looks pretty hawt tho. I could imagine her throwing off her coat before boss battle

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
No Electra, Nora is so rare to see. This is a little disappoint for me in terms of zako :(

NGL but Estel is a total hottie. She's a buff police officer that reminds me of Ronda Rousey for some reason. The best part is that she turned good after realizing that she and the police forces were used by Mr. and Ms. Y and decides to side with the protagonists (wish she was playable tho)

Also Ms. Y reminds me of 2B from Nier Automata and my friend's character from his upcoming novel, Rachel Mason

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
None of them do
the thing
Which is a bummer. The screaming and falling to the ground after a punch was well remembered.
audio across the board is a bummer. the modern voices are just atrocious, with blaze making me want to rip my ears off. and the soundtrack...i don't have much of a way to describe it other than

Last edited:

Dan Druff

Club Regular
That unused Yakuza/thug girl with sunglasses looks pretty hawt tho. I could imagine her throwing off her coat before boss battle
I'm always sad whenever completed female enemies don't make the final version. I would gladly replace a male enemy with a female enemy.
SOR4 Finish the game's story

I can't find Electra.

I think Electra was one of the enemies that wasn't brought back, but I'm happy that Nora is now considered a boss character. She was dressed better than the other enemies in the original Streets of Rage, and her weapon cannot be used against her.

You see Diamond slapping one of the police officers in the background at 48:17 of the video.

The female bikers appear in 58:08, but I'm a little disappointed that she wasn't given a huskier voice. I do like her grab move at 1:09:27 which is a pile driver.

I know some of us have been waiting years for a new Streets of Rage, but I'm not liking what I see. It seems to be falling in the same trap that other recent beat 'em ups have fallen: it doesn't evolve the formula. I get tired of playing the same game from my childhood. If this game is supposed to be an arcade style, it shouldn't take three hours to beat the game. If I really want this game, I'll wait for a discount. I won't be buying it now since I get all I need watching other people play so I don't have to.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
I'm always sad whenever completed female enemies don't make the final version. I would gladly replace a male enemy with a female enemy.

I think Electra was one of the enemies that wasn't brought back, but I'm happy that Nora is now considered a boss character. She was dressed better than the other enemies in the original Streets of Rage, and her weapon cannot be used against her.

You see Diamond slapping one of the police officers in the background at 48:17 of the video.

The female bikers appear in 58:08, but I'm a little disappointed that she wasn't given a huskier voice. I do like her grab move at 1:09:27 which is a pile driver.

I know some of us have been waiting years for a new Streets of Rage, but I'm not liking what I see. It seems to be falling in the same trap that other recent beat 'em ups have fallen: it doesn't evolve the formula. I get tired of playing the same game from my childhood. If this game is supposed to be an arcade style, it shouldn't take three hours to beat the game. If I really want this game, I'll wait for a discount. I won't be buying it now since I get all I need watching other people play so I don't have to.

The bikers are basically genderbent versions of Fog. If Dotemu makes a SoR 5 someday, I wanna see genderbent versions of Raven, maybe one as a boss

Looks like my genderbend zako dream came true! (sort of)

lookit

Swell Supporter

Kunoichi

Swell Supporter
Been playing SoR4. Zako content aside (I'm not the BIGGEST fan of the gritty punk city look, for my tastes) the game is fantastic and probably the best beat-em-up I've played since the Scott Pilgrim game. Highly recommended.

lookit

Swell Supporter
They were going to be the bosses of the art gallery stage, but they were replaced by two Diva palette swaps. That sucks
In fact, two Diva is the most stupid boss in the game. In the later stage, there are many repeated bosses, which forcibly lengthen the time of the game.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
Been playing SoR4. Zako content aside (I'm not the BIGGEST fan of the gritty punk city look, for my tastes) the game is fantastic and probably the best beat-em-up I've played since the Scott Pilgrim game. Highly recommended.
my only real gripe is all of the super armor stuff later in the game. on normal (and maybe hard?) it's fine but on hardest/mania it is an absolute drag in the later levels, with the last level being some of the most frustrating shit imaginable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.