Dead or Alive series (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Certainly not what I heard. You needed 300 titles to get her...

edit: This stinks. You can slightly modify characters by holding the left or right bumpers (L1/R1 on a PS3), and yet Ayane has no modifications. I can't get rid of the stupid bow. :(

BOOOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
A little snarky, Raden.

I haven't played the game, but maybe the listing of the move or the position you need to be in to perform it is unclear? Is that the case, randomguy?

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
The move you're looking for is 3P+K, T(or diagonal down foward, punch and kick, then throw). To land the bearhug, your opponent either has to avoid or block the first attack, otherwise, they'll be put into a stunned state where throws won't connect(which kinda sucks, considering the move. Could the bearhug not have been a counter throw?)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I got the hug by hitting punch and kick then hit throw. The move list has it listed as down forward punch, then kick and throw which does not work.(I actually noted several moves are listed with the wrong commands in the game) So a Raden..I DID check the move list. Though I wish you looked up how to unlock characters with google :> then again you did cheat

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
That is not even close to what you said the first time. "I forget" is not "the move is listed wrong and doesn't work", so I thought you were just being lazy and had no idea it was listed as the wrong input until you told me just now. In that case, I do apologize.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Could you tell me what methods you use to exploit the ai? I haven't invested much time into the actual gameplay of doa honestly and I'd appreciate the help unlocking costumes as I can't even unlock a third costume for some characters.

All I know is there's throws, basic attacks, and holds and each one beats another one. In addition you have various heights of attacks to prevent block and hold spamming. This doesn't help me at all since I don't know the movesets and the AI just spams holds and blocks because it reacts perfectly and instantly, which I can't do because I don't know movesets and which hold/block to use for which attacks.

I don't understand the difficulty in these games. It seems like anyone who has actually learned movesets before easily rolls through any difficulty, and people like me who haven't played much at all get fucked at anything above rookie. Game difficulty is one of those things that I've raged about on these forums before: I don't want to invest hours into learning gameplay for a game I really just bought as ryona entertainment.

I use Hayabusa. He has a stance he can go into by pressing Down and P+K together. While in this stance, I use Up and K to do a diving kick. Most of the time, it'll connect. I spam this when I have some distance between the opponent and I. They'll occasionally do a hold on it, but it isn't common.

Some other pointers: don't use holds. Just don't bother. The timing is precise in this one and you're viable to make mistakes. Mis-timing holds can lead to even greater punishment. Only ever use them if you know for a fact that you can pull them off.

My best advice is to go through Command Training in Training mode and learn some characters' moves. Find someone you're comfortable with and try to learn attacks that you think will be useful. I prefer to use quick, easy to learn combos and to use them in a variety on top of my spamming method. This keeps the A.I. guessing. There is an air of luck about it, as some A.I can get downright nasty with their holds, but pay attention to what attacks their using holds on. If they keep holding the same attacks, you may want to stop using it and switch to some different attacks. Also, once you get an opponent airborne, hit them with everything you've got. They're the most vulnerable when airborne, as they can't hold anything. Power Blows can also be useful to turn the tide when you feel you have a window to use it. I've found that the A.I has a hard time countering them.

On another note, I just did every Time Attack path, but the Trophy didn't pop. I'm kinda peeved right now.

EDIT: Oops. I just realized I don't even have the Arcade Master Trophy, either, and it's because I didn't do the Tag matches. Now I feel dumb lol.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
Lol, I didn't realize you could continue after losing once on arcade and time attack. So basically just do rookie, easy and maybe normal on arcade/time attack to get your 6 extra costumes. Not so big a deal as I thought.

I'll tell you what's going to be a stupid bitch though: apparently some costumes are unlocked by doing legendary without continuing. Yeah, good luck with that ignorantly thought out objective. Million dollars to the first person who does survivor on legendary without continuing. It's like 100 wins in a row or something stupidly retarded.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
IMO, the costumes you get aren't really worth the effort. No. Not costumes. More like tiny pieces of fabric to cover the explicit parts and some string to hold it all together.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Lol, I didn't realize you could continue after losing once on arcade and time attack. So basically just do rookie, easy and maybe normal on arcade/time attack to get your 6 extra costumes. Not so big a deal as I thought.

I'll tell you what's going to be a stupid bitch though: apparently some costumes are unlocked by doing legendary without continuing. Yeah, good luck with that ignorantly thought out objective. Million dollars to the first person who does survivor on legendary without continuing. It's like 100 wins in a row or something stupidly retarded.

I'm going for the Platinum Trophy, so I'm going to try at the very least. I just need to find a way to exploit the A.I. I did manage to pull it off in DOA: Dimensions after several tries, so if it's anything like that, it's not impossible.

It is nice that the normal costumes are so easy to unlock for those who just want this game for ryona. Tina and Christie do look damn good in those hard-to-get costumes, though. Haven't seen Lisa's.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Which one, her swimsuit?

You ever hear the phrase "I've seen more material in the top of an aspirin bottle" to describe a so-called bathing suit?

Yeah, I fully understand it now.

Rakkar

Potential Patron
I'm going for the Platinum Trophy, so I'm going to try at the very least. I just need to find a way to exploit the A.I. I did manage to pull it off in DOA: Dimensions after several tries, so if it's anything like that, it's not impossible.

It is nice that the normal costumes are so easy to unlock for those who just want this game for ryona. Tina and Christie do look damn good in those hard-to-get costumes, though. Haven't seen Lisa's.

Well let us all know when you figure that exploit out. I really don't care enough to bother trying something like that.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Which one, her swimsuit?

You ever hear the phrase "I've seen more material in the top of an aspirin bottle" to describe a so-called bathing suit?

Yeah, I fully understand it now.

Nope, never heard it, but if a woman looks good in a bathing suit, it doesn't matter how much is covering her. ;)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Well I sort of prefer if they don't look like sluts, but hey, one guy's opinion. :p

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
I like swimsuits as much as the next guy, but they've gotta be tasteful for me. There's an important balance between showing too much and too little. I feel that the collectors edition swimsuits achieve this, but the ones you unlock in legendary mode, well........ kinda don't.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Well I sort of prefer if they don't look like sluts, but hey, one guy's opinion. :p

How does it make them sluts? Is a man a terrorist because he wears a turban? You do realize models wear similar bikinis, but in no way does it prove they're sluts. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Maybe I'm just not as quick to judge people based on what they're wearing.

Back to something more relevant, I've cleared all Arcade and Time Attack paths, and I've cleared the first two Survival paths. I haven't attempted Survival on Normal, yet, but I'm guessing it's probably 30 characters to fight through. I do realize Legend is 100 characters, which is obnoxious, but I'm going to figure out some way to make it through, at least with Hayabusa. Of course, this doesn't solve the issue of making it through with Lisa, so since I have to do Command Training with everyone, I'll be putting special emphasis on her, Tina, and Christie to make it through each Legend path with them to unlock their costumes because, according to GameFAQs, that's how to unlock them. Just merely beating the path doesn't work like our wiki says. I know they at least have to be beaten without using continues. It'll be rough, but once I find exploitable attacks, it should make things easier.

onlinehero

Casual Client
^ Well, have you ever seen women wear that kind of "swimsuits" when they go to swimming? I haven't.
I agree with Raden in this. Those swimsuits (unlockable ones) look like they were bought from sex shop, not normal shop that sells swimwear and bikinis. Then again, I don't care! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.