Dead or Alive series (2 Viewers)

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Not for me either. Not a fan of any of those costumes save for the Ryu one. I never play as him though so I certainly wouldn't fork out money for his outfit. I like the game and it turns out in spite of not having my main character Leon I still do terribly well with Bayman and Bass, whilst I'm also learning Mila. If some outfits come out for that trio that I take a liking too I might be tempted to fork out a little bit of dosh for them. It's a shame they don't have customization in this game, I feel that is the real way forward for all fighting games, like what Virtua Fighter and the Tekken (6 at least was pretty customizable) have done. It's a nice way to make a fighter your own character in a sense.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
by the way, I think they are on disc :P

You think? How big are the files?

EDIT: The files are 60-70mb per pack give or take. ARE YOU SURE they're on the disk?

Also, buying these, because I'm a corporate whore, and not a true gamer. Also, dem catsuits.

Last edited by a moderator:

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Dig the catsuits. Seeing Tina's fishnet stockings dirtied up in her loss pose is a pleasure. Also, they are 3 packs sold separately so you don't have to bother with the less interesting costumes unless you always wanted to dress Hitomi up for Oktoberfest.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
400 points is still $5. I ain't paying $5 for one costume I like (Lisa's dress that she stole from Lei-Fang.)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
You think? How big are the files?

EDIT: The files are 60-70mb per pack give or take. ARE YOU SURE they're on the disk?

Also, buying these, because I'm a corporate whore, and not a true gamer. Also, dem catsuits.
Oh ok then they are not. My bad :P As I stated before though...I do not give a FUCK about disc DLC. I was pointing out that it may have been to see reactions mainly, but was wrong :P

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
...not to mention the xnalara porters would've found something by now.

I was pointing out that it may have been to see reactions mainly, but was wrong :P

You sir, are playing with fire. The purple kind of fire. Like Iori Yagami conjures when he's angry. And he's angry all the time. Basically, the worst kind of fire.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
yeah but Iori doesn't have his flames anymore

but not true, people kinda ignored the stuff on the SCV disc and the like

Rakkar

Potential Patron
12$ is a lot, but from the pictures it looks like they'll be adding a large number of outfits. If you look on the screenshots you'll notice Lisa is pictured 3 different times wearing 3 different things, in addition to the catsuit having white and black versions for Helena which probably means at least 4 variations for Lisa alone. Also look at that freaking ninja costume, they got freaking ninjas on fire. Worth 12$ in my opinion, and I haven't even unlocked alpha.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Those are Euros, not dollars. 400 points per pack is actually $5. So for all three it's $15. 1040 points for the all-in bundle is $13.

And it's just for that pack. If they add more, it will be in another pack they want money for.... naturally.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Gym, School Uniform Dead or Alive 5 DLC costume sneak peek

23_doa5alts03.jpg

23_doa5alts01.jpg

23_doa5alts02.jpg

And this is a preview of our next set of DLC costumes, and one that I've always been fond of, the return of the good ol' schoolgirl uniforms (although Lei-Fang's isn't a school-themed one, so it may be a multiple set again). Considering the graphic overhaul I can't wait to get Kasumi and Ayane roughed up and dirtied up in theirs... Set to come out on OCt.30th, no word on pricing or who specifically is getting costumes in this pack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
oh man, that looks like Lei-Fang's black one from DOA2 Hardcore, just unzipped. Okay, wow, I may very well have to drop on that one.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
this is the one time anyone will hear me say this about a ponytail, I with Fang could have her hair in that short ponytail like she had in DOA2 with that outfit

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I think they might sell a lot more if they priced them out at $1 apiece, but hey, what do I know about marketing. I'm just the guy who's seen how it worked before and all.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Baaaaaaah! Now they started raping us from our money with dlc...
In DOA3-DOA4 times this all would have still been in the original game :(
Sometimes I'd really want to do terrible thing to a person who invented the whole dlc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.