Venetica (1 Viewer)

fonglee

Content Creator
I made this a long time ago and thought there might be someone out there who would still like to have it, maybe...:cool:
And perhaps Fleet will see this and get to digging through all those old dusty folders on his computer also...just kidding! :wink:

Last edited:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
OMG! I loved playing Venetica, and still have the game.
This game is really hard, and the only way I could successfully complete it was with a walk-thru. At least one of the items required to finish the game is next to impossible to find, and I had to use the advice in the walk-thru to defeat the various bosses.

fonglee

Content Creator
Yep, quite fond memories of it here as well! The bosses were a pain to figure out just what you needed to do, to kill them. I used an online walk-thru or I would have never been able to finish it! :confused:
I also remember you taking, what must of been many hours of rather painful time, hex-editting the meshes for the game, that alone shows how much you liked it! :smile:

Last edited:

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
i have seen such mixed reviews for this game, many reviews hate it and many reviews love it. i must try it sometime, it kind of reminds me of Pirates: Legend of the Black Kat. i liked that game so much i have made a whole webcomic about it :D

fonglee

Content Creator
i have seen such mixed reviews for this game, many reviews hate it and many reviews love it. i must try it sometime, it kind of reminds me of Pirates: Legend of the Black Kat. i liked that game so much i have made a whole webcomic about it :D

Well graphically speaking those 2 games are quite similar, not sure about the game play though, as I have never played Pirates, but I do remember it.

However, if you don't already have Venetica, I think you may be outta luck about trying it. As far as I know the company that made it is now gone, and it could be quite difficult to track down a copy even when it was fresh and new (just ask fleet) so good luck with that now! :frown:

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
Venetica is on Steam! i hope the mods can be made to work with the steam version.

oh apparently the reason for the different reviews is, the console version was much different (and worse) from the PC version.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
However, if you don't already have Venetica, I think you may be outta luck about trying it. As far as I know the company that made it is now gone, and it could be quite difficult to track down a copy even when it was fresh and new (just ask fleet) so good luck with that now! :frown:
I just looked at Amazon, and the PC version of Venetica is available there.

Disclaimer: I'm not one of the sellers, and I don't own stock in Amazon).

I checked some of my old mod files, and I notice that Vergil also made mods for Venetica.

fonglee

Content Creator
I just looked at Amazon, and the PC version of Venetica is available there.

Disclaimer: I'm not one of the sellers, and I don't own stock in Amazon).

I checked some of my old mod files, and I notice that Vergil also made mods for Venetica.

Wow, didn't know it was on steam! No idea if the mod will work with that version though...cool never the less! :cool:

Edit: Actually now that I think about it a bit, all the mods 'should' work for this game as long as they didn't change the file system, they are direct replacements for the game files. :wink:

That's what actually motivated me to post this in first place, I was talking to BoobsLover about getting one of Vergil's mods working in TR 2013 with resorep and that brought back memories about this game. So I did a seach and was amazed that neither you or Vergil, had posted your mods for it. That's what I meant by 'digging through all those old, dusty folders' lol. Maybe that will change now though...hopefully! :grin:

Last edited:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
My Venetica mods were on an older version of Gamevixenzone. I'm guessing they were not on the 'final' version of Gamevixenzone when detritus created Undertow. I'll upload one to the downloads section.

fonglee

Content Creator
Yes, and as far as I know Vergil had only posted his at Nudecreator, it would be kinda nice to have them all here. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.