Totally Random Dialogue Selector (1 Viewer)

bodsquad1

Potential Patron
Hi all, this is my first post sorry if it's rubbish but I wanted to share something I came up with.
i'm guessing like me you've got loads of dialogues and have to keep loading them or changing them in the dialogue file.
So i thought what if i could set it up so i could randomly choose a dialogue.
And here it is "The totally random Dialogue selector"
Instructions are in the file
Have fun

Attachments

Totally Random Dialogue Selector.txt
3.7 KB · Views: 1,341

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
This is awesome! I had some trouble setting it up since the instructions don't include what prerequisites you need so I thought I'd make a post about how to do it.

[Loader folder set up]
You need the Loader and DialogueActions. Inside the loader, at \Mods\$INIT$\ place SDTDialogueActions<VERSION>.swf inside. Then add the file's name to Mods.txt in that same folder. Next make a folder inside \Mods\ and copy all the dialogue .txt files you plan on using to it. Copy this folder path so we can use it later.

If you have Notepad++ Its really easy to set up Totally Random Dialogue Selector.txt without having to copy every file name into it by using Column editing mode. Open two Notepad++ tabs. Then open command prompt by going to Start > Type "cmd" then enter. Inside command prompt type
Code:
cd C:\[Your SDT Dialogues Folder]
to Change Directory Then type
Code:
dir
to generate a list of the Directory. Right click > Mark then select the list of .txt file names then right click again to copy. Paste this list into Notepad++

Now open Totally Random Dialogue Selector in the other Notepad++ tab. Copy the line :
Code:
diachoice:"------- DISPLAYED DIALOGUE NAME ------"{"style":"him","set":{"da.dialogue.load":"actual dialogue file name.txt"}}
for as many dialogues as you have. In the list of file names, while holding [Alt] click and highlight the whole list and copy it. Do the same thing in the other tab but select the whole "actual dialogue file name.txt" column delete then paste in the list you just copied. Do the same thing with the "DISPLAYED DIALOGUE NAME" column. If you want to remove the .txt extension you can use 'find and replace'. When your done save the file as "Dialogue.txt" and place it in the \mods\ folder with all your dialogues.

Lastly, update the CharacterFolders.txt file inside of \Mods\ and add "DialogueFolderName:Dialogue". Start the loader.swf and in the Character list you'll see DialogueFolderName. Choose that let it select a dialogue then load your character. Enjoy!

bodsquad1

Potential Patron
Well, that certainly makes things faster. But i couldn't get the command prompt to do what you said, maybe i'm reading wrong. My files is saved on a different drive all i could get was destination not found or words to that effect. In the end i used a batch file i already had on my PC to get the list.
Fine work all the same.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
If in CMD you did
Code:
cd E:\[Your SDT Dialogues Folder]
nothing will happen. You first need to switch drives by doing

Code:
E:

I also happen to have SDT on another drive but didn't think it was too common, so I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.