Is there a maximum dialogue file length? (1 Viewer)

karlpaws

Potential Patron
Was digging through some of my old stuff, found the GradeWhore dialog I'd done some while back and decided to try and make more of a game out of it. Idea was to count how many hand jobs, resistance lines, first throats, etc and move onto a second and third story section after a set number.

The problem I ran into was some parts wouldn't work and when I checked it seemed like parts of the dialogue file were not being loaded. I have the SDT file and the Loader setup, other things are working as expected. I can manually add some of the lines via the Edit function and things will work.

So, is there a maximum number of lines or characters or something I'm missing? I split the dialogue in two parts, and the DialogActions mod does let me load the second part and that worked until I added a few more lines and then the second part stopped working. I've attached them incase someone wanted to take a look at them.

Attachments

GradeSlut_ShortAnswer.txt
15.2 KB · Views: 159

dialogue.txt
26.5 KB · Views: 157

Doorlan

Content Creator
Not sure if its related but I noticed while setting up some of my dialogues that certain words or putting numbers inside certain brackets will just straight up erase the rest of the text file, e.g. putting in "finish" or having to type out "two" instead of 2 to get stuff to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.