[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer (4 Viewers)

Deleted member 127139

Potential Patron
Usually that means that you have 32-bit Java installed. Or do not have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installed.
Holy S**T I could swear I had both 32 and 64 bit installed but now there is only 32-bit java installed sorry for the inconvenience it's just that the tool didn't throw any errors that I thought that everything is alright dependencies wise.

cavalodosovao

Potential Patron
I really liked this tool. It is very practical and easy to use. But I have a problem. The first time I installed the NierAutomata mod in Windows10 worked. But when I changed mod, not right. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. It opens normally. But when I install resorep, the game does not open anymore. He gives a message saying: NierAutomata has stopped working. The game only opens if I delete the d3d11.dll and ori_d3d11.dll files. I need help, please!

cavalodosovao

Potential Patron
I really liked this tool. It is very practical and easy to use. But I have a problem. The first time I installed the NierAutomata mod in Windows10 worked. But when I changed mod, not right. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. It opens normally. But when I install resorep, the game does not open anymore. He gives a message saying: NierAutomata has stopped working. The game only opens if I delete the d3d11.dll and ori_d3d11.dll files. I need help, please!

Sorry! I already sent a private message.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Resorep - finally version 1.7.0 is out. In theory it should increase FPS and reduce stuttering. As always please report any bugs and performance issues.

What's changed in this version:
  • Resorep does not check files in modded textures folder every time a game loads any texture. It reads list of files in the modded textures folder only once at game start. Then it reads a specific modded texture file only if game loads corresponding texture. To get back old behavior enable mod creator mode in advanced settings (will negatively affect game performance but Resorep will see any added files in modded textures folder without game restart).
  • If mod creator mode is disabled Resorep no longer reads its settings file every time a game loads any texture
  • Resorep does not write dll log by default. To get the log you should enable the mod creator mode and enable dll log checkbox.
  • Resorep uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous usage statistics for me. You may disable this (and make me sad) in advanced settings dialog.
  • Resorep by default creates and uses "Resorep" folder in "My documents" folder to store all its working files that it needs to write to and also for texture folders (as always you may change paths to texture folders in settings).
  • Resorep tries to detect if it's launched using 32-bit Java and shows a warning if so. It may be not 100% accurate so if you are sure that you are using 64-bit Java just ignore this warning.

Update procedure:
1) Launch your current unupdated version of Resorep.
2) Unhook all applications.
3) Unpack and launch new version of Resorep in different folder than old version.
4) Hook all applications again.

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
They Ray Wing, remember this tool you make a long time ago for Black Desert?

Here is a small tool that can rename your Resorep modded files to original names.
resorep_hasher.zip
names.txt
Manual:
  1. Extract textures from your game's PAZ files.
  2. Unpack resorep_hasher.zip somewhere.
  3. Run runme.bat
  4. Choose folder with textures extracted from PAZ.
  5. Choose folder with your Resorep modded textures.
  6. Wait for a while.
If you do not want to extract textures from your game's PAZ files, I also attached txt file with Resorep texture names to original names mapping. (It only includes character textures. If you need same mapping for other textures - let me know.)
How did you find the corresponding hashes for the texture? Can you tell me how to find the right bytes in any .dds file that is the hash?

Ray Wing

Content Creator
They Ray Wing, remember this tool you make a long time ago for Black Desert?
How did you find the corresponding hashes for the texture? Can you tell me how to find the right bytes in any .dds file that is the hash?
Actually Resorep generates hash for dds files using its own algorithm. So my tool did the same - it generated hash using exactly same algorithm as Resorep for that hashes to match. And that hash has nothing to do with hashes that Black Desert game engine may use (if it uses them at all). And if it uses such hashes it is not required to store them in dds - the engine may calculate a hash on the fly anytime it needs. And may use arbitrary algorithm to do that. E.g. sum all bytes, or multiply all bytes, or multiply each byte with constant and sum results, or take every N-th byte and do something with them.

If you are absolutely sure that game uses hashes and you need to know them you have to guess the algorithm to be able to get hash for any texture.

Kojinzx

Casual Client
Hi thnx for the tool, i probably use it for Nier, and want to ask you about support other games? Can you pls add support for Battlerite game? I try to run but seems it is not work( Its any chances to make this work?
its link to steam store btw if it may help Save 33% on Battlerite on Steam

Thnx again in any cases)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Actually Resorep generates hash for dds files using its own algorithm. So my tool did the same - it generated hash using exactly same algorithm as Resorep for that hashes to match. And that hash has nothing to do with hashes that Black Desert game engine may use (if it uses them at all). And if it uses such hashes it is not required to store them in dds - the engine may calculate a hash on the fly anytime it needs. And may use arbitrary algorithm to do that. E.g. sum all bytes, or multiply all bytes, or multiply each byte with constant and sum results, or take every N-th byte and do something with them.

If you are absolutely sure that game uses hashes and you need to know them you have to guess the algorithm to be able to get hash for any texture.
Makes sense. I want to make something similar to your tool, but not having to extract any texture, and have in memory something like your name.txt file, but all that with information obtained from the pad00000.meta file so we always have up to date textures.
I'm gonna give it a shot to that hash alrogithm you said.

Revcarl

Potential Patron
Hey Ray Wing, just wanted to let you know that Arkham Knight now runs 100% better with this new version of resorep. I had upgraded to a new video card (gtx 750 to gtx 1060) and for whatever reason was having a lot of trouble while using resorep version 1.6.0. It now runs pretty much flawlessly.

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hi thnx for the tool, i probably use it for Nier, and want to ask you about support other games? Can you pls add support for Battlerite game? I try to run but seems it is not work( Its any chances to make this work?
its link to steam store btw if it may help Save 33% on Battlerite on Steam

Thnx again in any cases)
Sorry but this is going to take a long time if ever happens. There are more things to do first but I have a very tiny amount of free time now.
Makes sense. I want to make something similar to your tool, but not having to extract any texture, and have in memory something like your name.txt file, but all that with information obtained from the pad00000.meta file so we always have up to date textures.
I'm gonna give it a shot to that hash alrogithm you said.
Good luck on that! If you have any troubles please fill me in with details and I'll try to help. Will be happy to help because I'm using Resorepless and Meta injector for my BDO.
Hey Ray Wing, just wanted to let you know that Arkham Knight now runs 100% better with this new version of resorep. I had upgraded to a new video card (gtx 750 to gtx 1060) and for whatever reason was having a lot of trouble while using resorep version 1.6.0. It now runs pretty much flawlessly.
That's wonderful! Thank you for the information. That means that performance improvement goal is pretty much reached.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Good luck on that! If you have any troubles please fill me in with details and I'll try to help. Will be happy to help because I'm using Resorepless and Meta injector for my BDO.
Would you know, by any chance, how the .pac files are structured so I can extract the texture names from them in a more efficient way? I would like to predict how many bytes I have to predict to jump, in order to get to the next texture name.

If you think you can help and want to give it a try, I attached some pretty simple .pac files that can help you understand how they work. I include 3 very simple geometry files (A triangle, a square and a another simple form), which has only one texture name inside of them. And another one, which has 7 texture names inside of it, which I also included the textures in the same folder.

Again, just if you have free time and think you can figure this out with me. It would really speed things up for resorepless.

Attachments

bdo_pacfiles_sample.zip
2.8 MB · Views: 106

BladeHunterX98

Potential Patron
I can also confirm that Arkham Knight is now very playable with the newest version of Resorep. There aren't really any noticeable frame drops and my CPU isn't being burned to a crisp anymore while running it. Thanks for the update!

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Would you know, by any chance, how the .pac files are structured so I can extract the texture names from them in a more efficient way? I would like to predict how many bytes I have to predict to jump, in order to get to the next texture name.

If you think you can help and want to give it a try, I attached some pretty simple .pac files that can help you understand how they work. I include 3 very simple geometry files (A triangle, a square and a another simple form), which has only one texture name inside of them. And another one, which has 7 texture names inside of it, which I also included the textures in the same folder.

Again, just if you have free time and think you can figure this out with me. It would really speed things up for resorepless.
I think I understand the problem. Let me look into that. Will report back if I find anything.
I can also confirm that Arkham Knight is now very playable with the newest version of Resorep. There aren't really any noticeable frame drops and my CPU isn't being burned to a crisp anymore while running it. Thanks for the update!
Good to hear that. Thank you for feedback!

F

FF97

Hello everyone, I must say, Resorep is a great tool! I created a few mods for Batman Arkham Knight too. Thank you.

I have a different question aswell: How can i get Resorep to work in Bioshock Infinite? It seems to work somehow, because the textures show up in the Resorep.dll list: infinitecap — Postimage.org
My idea is, that I have to change entries inside of the .ini files of the game.
I would really like if someone can help me. Thank you!

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Hello everyone, I must say, Resorep is a great tool! I created a few mods for Batman Arkham Knight too. Thank you.

I have a different question aswell: How can i get Resorep to work in Bioshock Infinite? It seems to work somehow, because the textures show up in the Resorep.dll list: infinitecap — Postimage.org
My idea is, that I have to change entries inside of the .ini files of the game.
I would really like if someone can help me. Thank you!
Unfortunately "Texture has no data in memory" means that games load its textures in a way that is not yet supported :(

cavalodosovao

Potential Patron
Please ask me a question: how do I rename the dds textures of the NierAutomata game? Whenever I rename them they double in size and the game can not load them. I read something similar here in the forum, but I could not understand the solution.

A

asc53087

I wonder if anyone else has noticed something I did when I was experimenting with various games.

Basically, there are games that sort of work with Resorep in that the textures are technically being extracted, but only a single texture shows up in the folders titled "1.dds." However, what I've noticed is that over time, the 1.dds texture changes as the game is played. Basically, what seems to be happening is that rather than dumping more textures, it's just overwriting the first texture that is dumped into the folder. The game I tested this the most with is Dragon Quest Heroes: Slime Edition on Steam. Has anyone else that has tested games that only dump 1.dds noticed this?

Ray Wing

Content Creator
I wonder if anyone else has noticed something I did when I was experimenting with various games.

Basically, there are games that sort of work with Resorep in that the textures are technically being extracted, but only a single texture shows up in the folders titled "1.dds." However, what I've noticed is that over time, the 1.dds texture changes as the game is played. Basically, what seems to be happening is that rather than dumping more textures, it's just overwriting the first texture that is dumped into the folder. The game I tested this the most with is Dragon Quest Heroes: Slime Edition on Steam. Has anyone else that has tested games that only dump 1.dds noticed this?
I do remember such games. Someone have mentioned exactly same behavior for some game. That means that the game is using different approach to load its textures into videocard. And unfortunately such approach is not yet supported by Resorep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.