SWTOR file changer + nude mod (1 Viewer)

jd41

Potential Patron
so you are saying that if i make another swtor folder not in program files and then run 1.2c to that folder it will work

redwulfen

Potential Patron
I don't really know why it is working for me and not for you guys, here is what I do:

start SWTOR-file-changer, restore backup, wait for it to finish. This puts your SWTOR back to non-modded state,

Then I launch the game patcher (SWTOR Launcher), log in as normal, if it doesn't have a patch to download and install then I click on "start changing files" on the SWTOR-file-changer, wait for it to complete, then click Play on the launcher and that is it.

Note that I'm not having the mod replace very many textures in the game - it only removes some of the armors, notably the "energy" armor or the underwear armor, there are a couple others that it affects, but not very many and that might be the difference. I deliberately didn't have it set to remove a lot of the armors, that is why I posted my settings file as that pretty much lists what is affected.

jd41

Potential Patron
thats the difference, the one im using removes all armors, well all cept for the head, waist, boots, and hands, but all other armors are removed pre knights of the fallen empire, since the original creator left after the revan expansion thats why it doesn't work past it in removing any armors

redwulfen

Potential Patron
Yes, if I want to remove the post Revan armors (or any armor that I don't have in the settings file) I use the appearance tab and activate that instead of the armor that my character is actually wearing.

Removing all or even most of the armors is a lot of data, my backup with just the few replacements that I have is already around 4GB, removing all could easily get over 20GB these days, probably closer to 40 considering the game files weigh in at around 80GB for the entire folder.

redwulfen

Potential Patron
Version of game shouldn't make a difference, but who knows. One thing I can think of, make sure you are launching with the bit raider checker disabled, there was a post in SWTORfans thread denoting how to do so and that without doing so can create issues, so it might be that. I've always used the standard launcher that is in the game install directory, I never launch from either a Steam or Origin link.

jd41

Potential Patron
As of right now today 2/12/19 2:15 pm Eastern time 1.2c is working again after the latest update, that is the original 1.2c

Mc'something

Potential Patron
Dude, i've been a complete idiot. I tried installing the nude mod into the 1.2c folder (Cause why not) but when I put it into the SWTOR folder it began to run. lol.

swtorfan

Potential Patron
Would like a bit of help if someone has run into the same issue. The mod has always worked fine for me until a few days ago. Now I get this message when trying to run the swtor changer (as showin in the picture) and the file changer just shuts down.

Any advice for this issues? Has anyone had this before? Thanks in advance for any help provided.

swtorfan

Potential Patron
Still can't get the mod to work anymore. I know it says you should be using net framework 4.5 does the mod work with net framework 4.7 anyone know.?

redwulfen

Potential Patron
Swtorfan, pretty sure it works with .net framework 4.7 as that is what is installed on my system. I'm using the changer 1.2c version with the attached settings file and I don't get the unhandled exception, though when I tried using v1.1 to test out a settings file a couple weeks ago I think I remember it popping up.

Here is a screenshot of what .net features my system has enabled at the moment:

Don't know if this will help or not.

Attachments

settings.txt
30.5 KB · Views: 190

swtorfan

Potential Patron
Redwulfen did check the settings and tried many things and still no luck, just think i'm SOL for now. Thanks for the tips tho!

redwulfen

Potential Patron
No worries, FYI those settings are on my Windows 10 installation, haven't check my Windows 8.1 installations settings yet. I'll try to do that tommorrow.

BB-8

Potential Patron
wondering about the skins, are they able to be seen by others whom play the game, because I don't want to add mod and then get banned.

because I have seen this type of mod on a different site and wanted to make sure it was safe

BB-8

Potential Patron
I am know I am safe by seeing it and not using it, I am just wondering if using it in game is safe and not a bannable offense, and the other site I saw it in was the loverslab website

Quaren

Content Creator
I am know I am safe by seeing it and not using it, I am just wondering if using it in game is safe and not a bannable offense, and the other site I saw it in was the loverslab website

Mods like this are strictly client-side. Only you can see the changes.

swtorfan

Potential Patron
Ok this is funny and weird. I can get the mod to work on the PTS but not the live client, anyone have any idea why? Thanks in advance for any advice.

redwulfen

Potential Patron
Well they are different directories, though that shouldn't matter. Is your live client installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Wars-The Old Republic or ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.