Skullgirls (1 Viewer)

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
So a new game for Xbox360/PS3 is comin' up. I'm glad new fighters are in the works. I like how it's a team vs game and the other members stay KO'd on the stage. Here's a clip I ripped. Lookin' forward to more characters.

Squasher

Potential Patron
I remember when I heard about this game wee early ths year. Boobiiiiies! <3 Give me some giant hand squeezing and I'm set. ^^

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
This game looks fairly interesting and not just because it's all females or for the ryona factor of it, but I'm really looking forward to Ms. Fortune. The character idea is very interesting to me because as far as I know it's never been done before, something pretty damn hard to come across these days.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Did anyone end up buying this? If yes, could you possible share your thoughts with us? About ryona, characters, gameplay and stuff :)

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I got this on opening day on the PS3 (XBox's controller just isn't any good for fighting games). It's actually a lot of fun, very solid fighting game. It's pretty difficult, too...the experienced players whip me on it pretty easily, and even the computer is a challenge when it's not on the easiest difficulty level.

As far as ryona, it's solid. I like Valentine and Parasoul a lot, and Cerebella isn't bad either. The other characters...meh, but 3 out of a roster of 9 is pretty good. There are a lot of different hit animations, and some nice over-the-top grabs and strong attacks. My one big gripe is that there isn't a clear pause screen, so you can really admire the very well-rendered artwork (there is a big black menu screen at pause that cuts out the middle, and everything behind it is shaded darker). Of course, very few games have ever given me that clear pause screen, Bloodrayne 2 and DOA 4 being some of the only exceptions.

Overall it was a worthwhile purchase, though with the quality of the videos coming out on Youtube these days, maybe a buy isn't necessary anymore. You can pause Youtube. :)

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Fun game. Difficult as hell. I'm totally in love with Parasoul. I love her adorable defeated pose where she slumps down all exhausted and her skirt rides up a bit over her cute butt, haha.

Failing

Potential Patron
Did anyone actually get this?

I'd like to see all the characters ko animation like Parsoul's up there.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
I've been pondering getting this, perhaps after I finish Xenoblade Chronicles (which is very soon, as I'm on the final boss). I don't want to get it just for ryona, either. I genuinely like fighting games and this one looks really unique. Parasoul easily looks the hottest, BTW.

EDIT: OK, I downloaded the demo so I could try it out. I didn't find it too difficult. It's really only hard when you take on a single character rather than a team, for some reason. I know single character teams have a handicap to compensate for less teammates, but it appears to be pretty substantial.

As for the girls, yeah, you really have to see this game in motion on an HDTV. The animations are fantastic and the sprites are crystal clear with no pixelation whatsoever. It puts both Blazblue and KOFXIII to shame. I think I may have to throw down the $15. It's a good fighter, from what I've played (no in-game movesets, though), and, well, it's got some cute girls.

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
this game is pretty bad. IT only has 9 fighters(Which is less then the original SF2 :/) the controls are kinda wonky, and the timing on the moves seems..off. Also this game does not have move lists, you have too look up the moves on the internet. So the game is missing an important feature that fighters have had since the friggin ps1. IMO the designs are..ok. If you want a like this game but with more depth, better controls, better moves, more fighters, and all around better? While it costs more it is worth your time more then this, get Arcanda Heart 3, seriously more people should buy that game it is a lot of fun and not many people are buying it

SplitRyona

Ryonani Teamster
I share randomguy's sentiments. I was interested into SkullGirls game, but after viewing some videos of duels and playing the demo, I got put off by the style the game was made. Even on easiest difficulty I had problems beating my opponent.>_> Also, ryona aspect is kinda meh in this game.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
it is really meh,(at it's best) again get Arcanda Hearts! It is really good. in fact I am going to make a thread for the game

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
I dunno, I bought the full game last week and it's very good. There's nothing wrong with the game's mechanics. It's just a fighter that doesn't have easy inputs like SSFIV and MVC3. It requires legitimate skill and timing. I'm not having any problems with difficulty on Normal, and I'm managing to beat everyone, though Double tends to be a pain in the ass, for whatever reason.

And I'm not complaining about roster size, either. A smaller roster means better balance, and that was proven with the original BlazBlue. The variety in character styles is excellent, and each character plays very uniquely. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, though.

Also, as far as ryona goes, I drool over Parasoul and Valentine, and Filia and Cerebella are pretty cute themselves. Again, personal opinion. I'm quite satisfied with the game. If I have to nitpick a couple things, it is the lack of in-game movesets and not a whole lot of content. Then again, it's only a mere $15, and for that much it's definitely worth it.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
It's ot skill and timing when you make the moves pointlessly misplaced for button movement. That is TERRIBLE design.

I liked Blazblue better when it was called guilty gear and had better design. I'd agree with the balance thing if the game was actually balanced. Some characters are way to spammy to the point of comedy(and of course like a dick i abuse them)

again I can't unrecommend it more. if you want a "new" fighter that takes skill is fun and plays old school on the PSN store for even cheaper and better in every way Darkstalkers 3 just came out for 5.99 get THAT instead of this game and then also buy Future Cop LAPD it has no ryona but it is a fun game and if you did not get it back in the PS1 days you missed out. Or wait til skullgirls goes on sale. It does not feel like near enough content and is missing key elements of modern fighters. At ten bucks I'd give it a better scoring. And yes I have gotten MUCH more for 15 from other games

the only 2 positive is the animation is nice and I love the voice work

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
It's ot skill and timing when you make the moves pointlessly misplaced for button movement. That is TERRIBLE design.

Not getting what you're saying here at all. "Pointlessly misplaced"? Huh? -_o

I liked Blazblue better when it was called guilty gear and had better design. I'd agree with the balance thing if the game was actually balanced. Some characters are way to spammy to the point of comedy(and of course like a dick i abuse them)

again STAY AWAY if you want a "new" fighter that takes skill is fun and plays old school on the PSN store for even cheaper and better in every way Darkstalkers 3 just came out for 5.99 get THAT instead of this game and then also buy Future Cop LAPD it has no ryona but it is a fun game and if you did not get it back in the PS1 days you missed out. Or wait til skullgirls goes on sale. It does not feel like near enough content and is missing key elements of modern fighters. At ten bucks I'd give it a better scoring. And yes I have gotten MUCH more for 15 from other games

the only 2 positive is the animation is nice and I love the voice work

BlazBlue was balanced. If you know how to use the less spammy characters, you can crush the spammy characters. We're not here to discuss BlazBlue, though. This is a Skullgirls topic.

Again, I respectfully disagree. For $15, this is an excellent buy for the competitive fighting fan. This game isn't geared towards people who want a trillion modes. This is for the hardcore, which would explain the tougher difficulty and lack of fluff modes that hardcore fighters aren't going to touch. It's a technical fighter that requires precise inputs and tons of practice. I'm already learning the timing and getting better with it as I play more.

So yeah, I'm having a blast with it. It's a great fighter. I can't wait to see what DLC they plan on cooking up for it. :p

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
what i mean is like for a speciall attack rather then a simple command like down back it's like down back forward down forward.

funny I remember you complaining of a lack of modes and the ai difficulty with SC5. It's not that Skullgirls is hard to me and blazblue isn't spammy...ok it is a bit but i mean skullgirls is not to mention button mashy. Also a command list is not fluff! Seriously why in the seven hells is that NOT in the game. That would be like making an FPS game but making the hand invisible! Who does that!? Who on the dev team was like , "yeah no don't do a command list have them google it!" and I wanna know why not one person raised their hand and went, "ok what!?"

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
The command list wouldn't count as a mode. That's a feature that is admittedly sorely missing from the game. Modes like Time Attack, Survival, some sorts of Missions, or anything that is just there to pad out the single player is what I would consider "fluff".

SCV's difficulty wasn't fair. It was outrageously skewed against the player, to the point that you had to spam and rely on luck to win. Skill is what should matter, but that was tossed out the window, unfortunately. Skullgirls relies on skill, and the A.I. is not inhumane and is actually quite beatable (and also not hard at all, IMO). Also, I think everyone has a right to complain about the lack of modes in SCV. It costs $60. Skullgirls is only $15. Simple mathematics answers that one.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
skullgirls also has less in it then most 15 dollar games. I have gotten more from around the same price and are download games outta the following, Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Earthworm Jim HD, Sonic 4 ep 1, Comic Jumper, King of Fighters 2002 um, Tekken 5 dark res, infamous festival of blood, fat princess, X-men arcade, TMNT turtles in time re-shelled, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter 2 turbo hd remix, Blade Kitten, Castle Vania Harmony of despair(which has more playable characters then skullgirls :}) RocketBirds, Elevator Action Deluxe, Burger time World Tour, Sonic CD HD, and Super Puzzle Fighter (has the samne number of playable characters as skullgirls) skullgirls is worth at most 8 bucks and that is still expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.