Skullgirls (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
No it's not I beat SC quick battle with no problem using skill not luck just because you can't master a very simple game does not make it cheap, SIDE STEP it isn't hard.

Don't be like that, please, it isn't necessary.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
skullgirls also has less in it then most 15 dollar games. I have gotten more from around the same price and are download games outta the following, Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Earthworm Jim HD, Sonic 4 ep 1, Comic Jumper, King of Fighters 2002 um, Tekken 5 dark res, infamous festival of blood, fat princess, X-men arcade, TMNT turtles in time re-shelled, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter 2 turbo hd remix, Blade Kitten, Castle Vania Harmony of despair(which has more playable characters then skullgirls :}) RocketBirds, Elevator Action Deluxe, Burger time World Tour, Sonic CD HD, and Super Puzzle Fighter (has the samne number of playable characters as skullgirls) skullgirls is worth at most 8 bucks and that is still expensive

Yes, only four of which are fighting games. I'm beginning to think you're just trying to shove this point of not liking Skullgirls down my throat. Like I have said several times before, you are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. Stop trying to make it seem like your opinion is somehow right and my opinion is somehow wrong. You don't like it? That's fine. I do.

No it's not I beat SC quick battle with no problem using skill not luck just because you can't master a very simple game does not make it cheap, SIDE STEP it isn't hard.

Yeah, right. Sure. Now we're just flame-baiting, aren't we?

Last edited by a moderator:

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
yeah, BTW when DLC is announced you guys who are keeping tabs on it please drop the news. Cause maybe it will get some cool stuff and some decent fixes

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
I'm watching for DLC like a hawk. I do know Reverge Labs is working on the first DLC character as well as the first patch now. When I hear news, I'll post a link here for sure. If anyone is interested in tracking news about Skullgirls, check here:

Welcome - Reverge Labs, LLC

----------------

Avid Affiliate
i heard that they are going to make a command list for the patch.

the game is pretty cool. i get my ass handed to me a lot... like... a lot a lot. lol

otherwise the animation is beautiful, the characters are interesting, the fighting is intense. its a good buy for what they offer.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
i heard that they are going to make a command list for the patch.

Good to hear. That'll make it much better than having to pull up the movelist on my iPod Touch lol. With that, I can try and make myself better with using Filia, as she has a playstyle that I enjoy.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
btw the reason I snapped(an I really shouldn't have) was because when you called it cheap, I overacted cause I always hear that slapped on when people have trouble with an area. Personally I didn't find it cheap but meh maybe I am just insane :P I mean I still says SF4 seth is not cheap. Again I was 100% wrong. I was not trying to flamebait I was just an asshole and I am going to be A LOT more careful in the future and thank you so much for accepting my apologize

Back to the topic though. Did they announce pricing of DLC and what DLC it will have? I wanna know cause I really hope at most the characters are only like 5,99(like most dlc fighers) I still am miffed that blazblue charged 7.99 a pop for the ones in the second game

Also glad to hear they are adding a command list. I still dunno why they didn't include that in the first place but hey good on them for patching that in

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
SF4 Seth is easily exploitable. He falls very easy to the most basic jump roundhouse/crouch roundhouse combo you learned 20 years ago in SF2. lol.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
hell yeah he is! He has got nothing on SFA3 Bison or Gill or ANY SNK BOSS : P Actually to keep this on skullgirls I am going to make a normal game thread on cheap bosses

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Oh I loved SFA3 Bison! He was difficult without being a cheap fucker. Yeah, Shin Bison had infinite super meter but he didn't overly abuse it, and he was hard while being beatable. One of the rare bosses where I actually felt a sense of pride and accomplishment beating him.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Ugh, SFA3 Bison....good lord, the time I've spent beating him. I'd like to forget it completely lol.

On topic, speaking of final bosses, Marie is pretty friggin' easy. I've found just spamming HKs and HPs as well as just learning her attack patterns so you can dodge or block (which she telegraphs by talking just before launching an attack) is pretty much all that needs doing to bring her demise.

So I'm (slowly) making my way through every character's story (I've spent a lot of my time playing Just Cause 2 lately), and it's pretty much your standard hum-drum fare as far as fighting game plots go for every character. Nothing remarkable, but the stories serve their purpose.

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Heh, everyone on this thread loves Parasoul and Valentine. I like them as well, but I prefer Cerebella and Filia. Curvy girls, yo.

Yurlungur

Potential Patron
Wow, didn't even know there was a Skull Girls thread, lol. I happen to know one of the original programmers, he was the one that created Peacock's character. I haven't played this in a while, but there are some nice character designs that were up for question about being put in the game as DLC. Which, by the way, the complaints about the training mode, there being no movelist and what-not, the game was put up without technically being fully fleshed out. They had finished the fighting system, but they put the game up without having the menu fully figured out. For the most part, the game is really fun, but I do agree it has some kinks. That just happens when you first release a game though. The game plays really fast though, so it can be difficult for players who never learned games like MVC2. (I'm a KoFXIII player myself) I think the Ryona in this game is really good actually. Not sure if that's intentional or not though. If you can get through the story modes the gallery images can be really nice. I enjoyed Cerebella's story ending too much.
Skullgirls - Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
^Here you can look at the characters that are speculated to be DLC. Right now, Squiggly and Umbrella are the new DLC characters set to come out. If anyone cares, the music was done by Michiru, who has made soundtracks for five different Castlevania games. :3c
EDIT: Venus Lovelace and The Triplets are my favorite of the concepts.

Ratel

Potential Patron
You need to give Skullgirls a second chance. The slightly different edition patch makes over 300 changes to the game. I can't list them all since they are too numerous. I'll just post a link. It's as though they viciously ripped every flaw out, fixed whatever damage and flaws it caused, and rammed all the stuff that they should have had back it. It's so different you literally have to view it as a completely different game. Nearly everything bad that has been said about the game in this thread [or anywhere] is now officially outdated and grossly inaccurate.

Skullgirls 1.01: Slightly Different Edition Patch Notes « Skullgirls

lamarca

Vivacious Visitor
GUYS!
Vote for D.Violet as a DLC!
She will have moves that put the enemy in a "humiliation" state! Every character will have a special and different animation against her "special moves"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.