SharkTits (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
kunderthunt said:
Here ya go I don't think I can do any better than this

First - reference images can be embedded into FLA files. This causes their filesize to "bloat" considerably, but it's harmless. Your FLA files are seen only by other artists and modders - the actual SWF output files automatically exclude any irrelevant reference stuff, so they'll remain small and lightweight for the people who are actually playing the game.

Including reference images helps modders to fine-tune your work, create additional variants, add shadows and highlights (if you omitted them due to laziness), etc... And it helps YOU because you might shelve a project for a few weeks and then return to it. If the reference images are just sitting on your HDD then perhaps you've moved or deleted them -- but if they're embedded into the FLA then they'll always be available when you're ready to resume work.

Next - there are too many anchor points in your trace. You've treated it a bit like a raster drawing project, using short lines and zig-zags. With vector drawing, each line (or curve) has a "cost" attached to it, so the trick is to obtain as much visual detail as possible with the fewest lines. Let's start over.

Note: I didn't replace or delete your original trace. I simply created a new layer and began drawing on it. This is important! You should be adding Layers to your project aggressively - use them for temporary storage, quick edits, overlapping pieces, old or superceded material, experiments with fill techniques, etc...

Our initial goal is to trace the outline using the smallest feasible number of anchor points. We place one at each point of inflection and drag the tangents out to conform with the tail shape. The result is a VERY crude and inaccurate facsimile, but we can zoom in and fine-tune it. That's where the Convert Anchor Point tool (hotkey: C) comes into play - reshaping the tangent lines. The Subselect tool (hotkey: A) can also be used when you simply want to drag an anchor point into a more favourable position.

Note also that I've extended the "tail base" into the pelvis. Because the final mod will be merged in among the layers of the SDT scene, there's no harm in including such extraneous details -- the right hip and/or buttock will conceal it. Because we've drawn "extra" content, the animator will be able to "wag" the tail around very freely, without worrying that we'll "run out" of artwork and show a bizarre gap where the tail-base ought to be.

Here's what it looks like after the anchor points and tangents have been fine-tuned. There's lots of room for improvement - I've used a thick line (which conceals a few spots where my trace diverges from the reference) and I've omitted some of the small details.

Take a look at the attached file. You can switch the line colour back (I used fluorescent pink simply because it makes for very obvious screenshots) and reduce the line thickness. Try to refine the trace that I've provided, for greater confirmity and accuracy. Then trace out some of the internal details (the lines separating white from orange, and the edges of the higlight patches). Once you've done that, you can start experimenting with fills -- both flat-colour and gradients. And remember to use lots of layers :)

kunderthunt

Potential Patron
Okay, now I'm lost :( Which one should I use? I've never been good at drawing with a trackpad. That's right I'm doing this shit on a laptop. On top of which I have a minor to moderate brain injury... Sorry I completely forgot where I was going with that. But anyways. Which one should I use?

kunderthunt

Potential Patron
BTW Stuntcock thanks for all the help I really appreciate it :) I bet you want to see this project bear fruit as much as I do :P

stuntcock

Content Creator
kunderthunt said:
Here you go, I think this is what you were talking about?
Congratulations -- you fooled me into wasting my time on a joke project. I've seen a lot of lazy Request threads, but this is the first one where I've seen someone keep it going by making sarcastic low-effort contributions.

I'll admit that the polka dots were a nice touch.

kunderthunt

Potential Patron
I'm sorry? But this was not a joke thread, I really do want to see this project come to fruition and just so you know, I was trying to emulate this, but I'm really not that great at drawing, on a TRACK PAD. And I also couldn't find the opacity sliders, and that first thing, you know, that thing that you sent a revised edition back? that took me two fucking hours of sitting at my desk, clicking away

kunderthunt

Potential Patron
Alright, Stuntcock (or anyone really) I could use some help smoothing out some of these lines. Because as I have mentioned before I'm doing this on a laptop (HP-15 to be precise)

Nigida

Potential Patron
kunderthunt said:
Because as I have mentioned before I'm doing this on a laptop (HP-15 to be precise)

I advise you to invest in a basic (and very much affordable) USB mouse. Nothing fancy, but you can't seriously expect to do anything graphics related on a touchpad.

kunderthunt

Potential Patron
Guise halp. I can't figure out how to make the reference image opaque. Any help would be appreciated (I'm trying to make everything outside the outline opaque) and I'm aware that I seem bi-polar but it's because I'm on meds when I write this shit really late at night. But coincidentally it's when I'm the most creative. I'm sorry Stuntcock, but I really do wan't to see this project work out, and I know you probably think I'm a troll, trying to piss you guys off, but ask yourself this: Why would I keep uploading stuff if I was a troll, I need you guys to be patient with me. This is all brand new to me. So I need all the help I can get, because I don't know jack-shit about flash. I'm just a horny guy with a really strange fetish.

kunderthunt

Potential Patron
Guys? I know you're upset/mad/pissed off at me for my so called "low effort contributions" but I seriously was trying to emulate the picture directly beneath that one I just didn't have the picture open

I'm sorry stuntcock please come back, you were the first friendly person I met on this site who walked me through... Please come back :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.