SDT Newbie Guide (6 Viewers)

Bigkawck

Content Creator
I've tried the LisaLisa folder on my end and also got the same bug. On the first loading up of the character everything went fine. When I closed the game and reopened the game was stuck with some weird hair. I'm no expert but I tried setting up a default code.txt in the $INIT folder so the game can start from a "clean slate" from here on out it worked fine for me you might want to try it too.

code for $INIT folder

Code:
charName:SD chan;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:onlegs,onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,56,100,137,1;breasts:70;skin:light;nose:normal;ear:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0;eyeshadow:55,26,99,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;freckles:60,24,24,0.8,0;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:normal,89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisBody:male;hisPenis:1,1,1;balls:0,1;hisSkin:0;hisTop:none,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:none,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:none,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:leather,0,0,0,1,171,177,185,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,24,24,24,1,255,255,255,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;herTan:none,0

If your game still loads up f'd up try renaming/deleting the hair.swf once and open up the game and then add it back into the folder like before.

It also might not even be this problem. I noticed that your "spoiler: bug" screenshot starts up the game with an DynamicHairExtender actionscript which might be conflicting with that particular hair.swf. I'm pretty sure the default modloader5.45d doesn't start with any additional actionscripts. I'm no expert in those things either so this is just my guess.

Last edited:

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
I've tried the LisaLisa folder on my end and also got the same bug. On the first loading up of the character everything went fine. When I closed the game and reopened the game was stuck with some weird hair. I'm no expert but I tried setting up a default code.txt in the $INIT folder so the game can start from a "clean slate" from here on out it worked fine for me you might want to try it too.

code for $INIT folder

Code:
charName:SD chan;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;arms:onlegs,onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:normal,56,100,137,1;breasts:70;skin:light;nose:normal;ear:normal;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0;eyeshadow:55,26,99,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;freckles:60,24,24,0.8,0;mascara:0,0,0,1,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:normal,89,67,51,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisBody:male;hisPenis:1,1,1;balls:0,1;hisSkin:0;hisTop:none,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:none,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:none,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:leather,0,0,0,1,171,177,185,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,24,24,24,1,255,255,255,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;herTan:none,0

If your game still loads up f'd up try renaming/deleting the hair.swf once and open up the game and then add it back into the folder like before.

It also might not even be this problem. I noticed that your "spoiler: bug" screenshot starts up the game with an DynamicHairExtender actionscript which might be conflicting with that particular hair.swf. I'm pretty sure the default modloader5.45d doesn't start with any additional actionscripts. I'm no expert in those things either so this is just my guess.
Like, is there some mod I have to download to be able to use dynamic hairs? Bigkawck Bigkawck

Last edited:

Bigkawck

Content Creator
No there is no "special" mod necessary for dynamic hair to work. What I am saying is, that the default modguy loader 5.45d does NOT come with that specific DynamicHairExtender that is obviously loading on one of your screenshots.

Aforementioned screenshot

So you either do not use a clean reinstalled modguy loader pack. Or if you do I would be interested to see where that DynamicHairExtender is located in the modguy loader pack, because it is clearly loading into the game from what I can tell from your screenshot. Maybe you just used a keyboard shortcut and didn't realise that what you're playing with is the same broken loader pack you've made the screenshot of. (happend to me once) Make sure to use a clean reinstalled version of a loader pack.

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
No there is no "special" mod necessary for dynamic hair to work. What I am saying is, that the default modguy loader 5.45d does NOT come with that specific DynamicHairExtender that is obviously loading on one of your screenshots.

Aforementioned screenshot

So you either do not use a clean reinstalled modguy loader pack. Or if you do I would be interested to see where that DynamicHairExtender is located in the modguy loader pack, because it is clearly loading into the game from what I can tell from your screenshot. Maybe you just used a keyboard shortcut and didn't realise that what you're playing with is the same broken loader pack you've made the screenshot of. (happend to me once) Make sure to use a clean reinstalled version of a loader pack.
Sorry, I am new to this, why would my loader be broken and how would I check? Bigkawck Bigkawck

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator

Code:
TypeError: Error #1009 Cannot access property or method of a null object or reference

I'm very sure you are just missing TemplateExtension says right there its loading a mod and parsing its mod type right where the error is thrown. TemplateEtensions adds new mod types and mod makers use their names in the code so if your mod has a mod word without templateExtentions that error is basically like "Que???" lmao

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
But I do have template extension, look at the Mods.txt filescreenshot I posted. Also, I have redownloaded ModGuy's loader several times in an attempt to fix the problem here SDT Loader. Also, here is what the contents of my Default folder looks like
. It's in there as you can see. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Code:
TypeError: Error #1009 Cannot access property or method of a null object or reference

I'm very sure you are just missing TemplateExtension says right there its loading a mod and parsing its mod type right where the error is thrown. TemplateEtensions adds new mod types and mod makers use their names in the code so if your mod has a mod word without templateExtentions that error is basically like "Que???" lmao
Alright, somehow I got the hair to work, I think it was because I changed the ordering of my Mods.txt file to have Hair.swf load 2nd. However, now I am experiencing a problem where either the ringlets or the shoes load, one or the other depending on which comes first. I can't get them both to load at the same time, however. Any idea on how to fix this? Thank you

sby

Content Creator
Coder
if i remember correctly, there was a thing with the dynamic hair extension library where it was best to have it as one of your init mods, you could try it and see if it helps, i haven't followed its development much

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
if i remember correctly, there was a thing with the dynamic hair extension library where it was best to have it as one of your init mods, you could try it and see if it helps, i haven't followed its development much
The character folder with the hair goes in INIT, or are you talking about the Dynamic Hair Extender?

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
Your $INT$ folder is your initialization folder. Its where system mods and dependencies go to be loaded on start up.
No, you don't understand. My question is about this portion of what sby said "if i remember correctly, there was a thing with the dynamic hair extension library where it was best to have it as one of your init mods". What thing is "it" referring to? I know I need to put "it" in the INIT folder, but what is "it"?

casperdecision

Potential Patron
Question, how do I download the highschool dxd pack into the game? I kind of got confused because I thought it was simple but it seems like I may have made a mistake so uhhhh.... yeah. Probably should’ve consulted here first

casperdecision

Potential Patron
Question, how do I download the highschool dxd pack into the game? I kind of got confused because I thought it was simple but it seems like I may have made a mistake so uhhhh.... yeah. Probably should’ve consulted here first
Also, this is my first time doing this and I have absolutely zero knowledge about coding so uhhh... Goddess help me.

casperdecision

Potential Patron
hey there pal, what resource are you talking about? Can you send me a link? I can work you through installation, probably tomorrow though since it is late
Oh, thank goddess! A good soul! This is the link I was talking about:

That one. I really don't know if I messed up somewhere but I will greatly appreciate your help.

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer
Oh, thank goddess! A good soul! This is the link I was talking about:

That one. I really don't know if I messed up somewhere but I will greatly appreciate your help.
Taken directly from the linked page's update:

"To install correclty the pack of characters do the following instructions

1. Click on the archive "CharacterFolders.txt"
  2. Add the following text " [HighSchoolDxD] "
  3. Make sure it is not next to another text.
Then you have installed the characters correctly

Enjoy!"

Basically, just add [HighSchoolDxD] to the text file named CharacterFolders.txt in the Mods Folder where you see $INIT$, $OVER$, and $RESET$.

Should look at minimum something like this:

$INIT$
$OVER$
$RESET$
CharacterFolders.txt

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
C casperdecision
Step 1: Download the resource and save to desktop like this

Step 2: Right click on the downloaded resource and hover over "7-zip". More options should come up, and you should select "Extract files...". Save the files to your desktop. It should look like this.

Step 3: Open up your SDT game files and go to the Mods Folder

Step 4: Move the HighSchoolDxD folder that has all of the character folders inside here

The crossed-out folders are character folders that I created, you don't have them, don't worry about them

Step 5: Open CharacterFolders.txt. Add the line [HighSchoolDxD]

You're done. Let's try it out now
OMG ITS HERE

If you hit the folder you can see all the characters

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, please ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.