SDT Loader question (3 Viewers)

Zan

Potential Patron
I just downloaded the Loader, and when I try to open it it says "Error Loading SDT.SWF" Is there something I've probably done wrong/need to do? Do I need to move the actual game somewhere for it to load?
Sorry if I sound like a massive noob, but I literally only found out about the Loader today.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
This seems similar to the CustomChars.sdt file. Loading all saved characters with one shot. (Hairs/BGs/Dialogues) Will it be something like that only with SWFs? Also, I still use the Mod Manger. Will that prog still work with the 5-0 release?

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
Hmm, not sure if this has been brought up already (probably has admitedly but this thread is big) since the latest loader I've been getting an issue I never had before;

Unless the mod I load specifically as hair (such as a full custom character I've set up) it always loads the dynamic sections of SDchans hair and eyebrow colours.
This happens on any mod so far; tentacles, boots, you name it, unless it has a specific hair element in the mod itself.

I've tried turning all the options I thought may apply on and off in the settings and I still get the same problem. It's not major, as I can just load the smaller mods, then apply the character last but it's slightly odd and can be inconvienient at times.

Is there anything really damn obvious I'm missing or would it be worth me re-downloading the loader etc? :-\

ModGuy

Content Creator
I've really no idea what you're tying to say but if you're going to load multiple elements you should either use a character folder or wait on the packager.

Still need a tester for it.

Renegade

Potential Patron
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem yet but recently I have tried to load some of Rajas's mods (like the nipple bandaid, tapped, etc.) and I can't get them to work in the loader. Are they broken in the new versions or do I just need to redownload all of them (hope not there were a lot)?

I have them set up in their respective mod folders correctly, I even checked the names in the mod.txt just to be sure.

So if you can help ModGuy I would appreciate it.

Edit: Actually its just his nipple mods

ModGuy

Content Creator
Renegade said:
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem yet but recently I have tried to load some of Rajas's mods (like the nipple bandaid, tapped, etc.) and I can't get them to work in the loader. Are they broken in the new versions or do I just need to redownload all of them (hope not there were a lot)?

I have them set up in their respective mod folders correctly, I even checked the names in the mod.txt just to be sure.

So if you can help ModGuy I would appreciate it.

Edit: Actually its just his nipple mods

ModGuy said:
rufferto said:
I might be the only one using this option, but I can´t load custom nipples anymore in v4.9/v4.9a?.
Fixed.
Kona tidied up and I didn't fix my code.
He changed the path for the right nipple from:
Code:
her.torso.getChildAt(0).rightBreast.nipple;
to:
Code:
her.torso.midLayer.rightBreast.nipple;

I thought I fixed nipple mods :I

Alright, upload your character folder.

Not sure if I'll even be able to test this since I'm using v5

gollum said:
ModGuy said:
Still need a tester for it.
I would give it a shot

I'll need to know a few things over PM first:

Operating system.
Whether or not you will be available on the IRC.
Installed Flash Player version.
Whether or not you can achieve:
http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=2109

Faceless said:
IIRC, Grimey's nipple mods are old school mods, which ModGuy said he was dropping support for.

I should drop support soon or people will complain harder.
v5 will include it.
I've drop it somewhere between v5 and if I ever get to it, v6.

Renegade

Potential Patron
Faceless said:
IIRC, Grimey's nipple mods are old school mods, which ModGuy said he was dropping support for.

I went back and looked at all of my (all of the ones ever posted) nipple mods and noticed that the only ones that work are the heart pasties. Oddly enough they are the only working nipple mods I have that aren't labeled "Nipple" in their mod folders instead they are labeled "mod". Any advice?

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
Renegade said:
Renegade said:
I went back and looked at all of my (all of the ones ever posted) nipple mods and noticed that the only ones that work are the heart pasties. Oddly enough they are the only working nipple mods I have that aren't labeled "Nipple" in their mod folders instead they are labeled "mod". Any advice?

I´m using custom nipples all the time but not with mod.txt, I just name them Nipple.swf (or Nipple1/2.swf) and drop them into the respective character folders.
This works fine with my own nipple mods but somehow doesn´t work with Rajas's nipple mods.

Faceless said:

But my nipple mods are old school as well and they still work...
How can old school mods be updated for new loader versions?
You´re using the .mod filetype for your stuff, is there a way to convert .swf into .mod?

Anonymous said:
Faceless said:
Anon and Modguy discussed making the loader mod extensions .mod instead of .swf, but I dunno if anything was decided.
The loader already supports the .mod extension, it's really up to the modders to start naming the extensions .mod

This is all I could find on the issue but simply renaming mods from .swf to .mod doesn´t seem to work. :-\

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
rufferto said:
Renegade said:
Renegade said:

I´m using custom nipples all the time but not with mod.txt, I just name them Nipple.swf (or Nipple1/2.swf) and drop them into the respective character folders.
This works fine with my own nipple mods but somehow doesn´t work with Rajas's nipple mods.

Faceless said:

But my nipple mods are old school as well and they still work...
How can old school mods be updated for new loader versions?
You´re using the .mod filetype for your stuff, is there a way to convert .swf into .mod?

Anonymous said:
Faceless said:
Anon and Modguy discussed making the loader mod extensions .mod instead of .swf, but I dunno if anything was decided.
The loader already supports the .mod extension, it's really up to the modders to start naming the extensions .mod

This is all I could find on the issue but simply renaming mods from .swf to .mod doesn´t seem to work. :-\
.mod is just a name, it means nothing, the file is still a .swf, just a different name.

The .mod problem you are having might have to do with only .swf filenames being accepted.

Mak

Content Creator
Renegade, the mods you mentioned are working fine for me, I'll attach a copy of the folder of one of them as a solo mod, and a character with one of them for you to look at. I added them to her for the sake of testing, and just tested them as a stand alone mod to be sure. PM me or post after you've grabbed them so I can remove the attachments.

Edit: I forgot to mention I have them set as general mods, they aren't specified as nipple.

Faceless

Content Creator
Renegade said:
If the pasties are named "mod.swf" then they're probably body mods, rather than single part mods.

Renegade

Potential Patron
Mak said:
Renegade, the mods you mentioned are working fine for me, I'll attach a copy of the folder of one of them as a solo mod, and a character with one of them for you to look at. I added them to her for the sake of testing, and just tested them as a stand alone mod to be sure. PM me or post after you've grabbed them so I can remove the attachments.

Edit: I forgot to mention I have them set as general mods, they aren't specified as nipple.

I got your mod you can take the attachments away now.

Ok, so now I know what my problem was. I was using 4.9a and the mods didn't work and as soon as I got 4.9c the mods started working again. Not sure what the difference was between a and c but my guess would be a lot of bug fixes. Thanks guys for all the help.

But of course, the solution was as simple as getting the latest version ::) go figure.

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
Gah, yeah I realise I explained the problem like shit o.o

I have a selection of characters, i.e. folders with all the code, hairs, dialogs etc and then a bunch of other mods in their own folders so I can load up a character then select exrtas after, i.e. give them a swf costume or vibrators etc.

This used to work fine with no problems. Since the latest loader though, loading any mod that doesn't have a specific hair in it's folder (i.e. anything that's not a 'character' folder) always shoves SDchans hair over the top too. Loading the character again will clear SDchans hair and replace it with whatever's specificed in that characters folder so it's not a massive problem it's just something that was nice before in terms of customisation and ease of use.

By way of example; say I load a custom character, then try to load DP tentacles after, the tentacles will load SDchans hair too. This happens for any mod that doesn't have specific hair in it's folder.

I think that should make more sense, I was just wondering if there was anything I was really overlooking that might be causing mods to always load SDchans hair now?

ModGuy

Content Creator
D:

I hope your request is a troll, I HOPE it's not what I think it is.

Try setting resetCharOnChange to 0 in Settings.txt

booster

Avid Affiliate
a question/request which is to be confused with the above one:
could it be possible to switch a character without reseting the current dialogue?

Mak

Content Creator
What Tio Guy said happens to me too. 4.9c is my first time using the loader so I thought that it was just the way it works. I tried messing with resetcharonchange as well. Any mods set as a separate mod (not in the character's folder,) need to be selected before the character. If you select the character then add a mod via the loader list in game it plops SD Chan's hair on your character.

It hasn't been much of a problem picking mods first, but if you do it with a chest covering costume that's attached to the breasts then load a larger breasted girl it breaks the costume. Even if you slide the breasts back to the size the costume was drawn at it leaves holes in the costume under the breasts. i.e. Marlow's etna costume on Kojiro's Yoruichi.swf.

So the only way to have her load with smaller breasts being a .swf means I have to create a code and use loadcodelast; but having to load the costume first means it will still break before the code is loaded.

I might be busy this weekend, but even if I am I'll check back here when I have chances in case you need any more info/pics/video to offer what I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.